DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice with my PPL Split

Hello everyone,

I've came back to lifting weights after a good few years out.

I'm one month in and things seem to be going alright. I was very weak at the beginning only being able to lift the bar for most of my lifts.

I'm currently up to 65kg squat (5 reps), 80kg deadlift (1 rep max) , and 55kg bench press (1 rep max).

My bodyweight is 82kg so these numbers aren't overly impressive but I've been progressing each week which is what matters!

Anyhow, I'm doing the updated Metallica PPL which I found on reddit. I can only really train Sunday to Wednesday because of my working hours in my job. I'm usually doing pull, push, leg, pull in one week then the next week I'm doing push pull leg push. This is so I can get two pull days one week and two push days the next.

Since I'm doing this 4 days straight, im basically looking for advice on whether this is overkill as I have no active rest days in between workout days? I have 3 days off on thurs/fri/sat.
    You mad brah?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hard to say without seeing the program. It's not so much the number of days or even how they are laid out - it's more the total volume (number of hard sets done per bodypart per week).

This is an individual thing - but if you are way outside of about 8-15 then maybe it's not the best choice.

Generally speaking you would expect to start on the low side (around 8-10) and gradually need to increase as you get more experienced.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not bad program but I think its overkill for you honestly. A basic 4 day upper/lower would probably work much better imo. Id look into Vikings or the F5 programs. With your schedule you could even do a hybrid split of lower/upper/full.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a rolling split - PUSH, PULL, LEGS. Personally I prefer this type of workout, and schedule 1 day per week as rest. I'm someone who likes lifting 6 days per week. Realistically, I sometime travel, so I don't always get 6 days of workouts done. I can bounce between my garage, two gym memberships, and hotel gyms. That's the downside to it. Missing a workout, and your muscle group doesn't get enough work per week.

If you've only got 4 day blocks to work with, you might want to look for something more whole body. Get every muscle worked per workout. And get back to it in a day or two. This would work better with a 4 day block.

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DatDereProtein View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've came back to lifting weights after a good few years out.

I'm one month in and things seem to be going alright. I was very weak at the beginning only being able to lift the bar for most of my lifts.

I'm currently up to 65kg squat (5 reps), 80kg deadlift (1 rep max) , and 55kg bench press (1 rep max).

My bodyweight is 82kg so these numbers aren't overly impressive but I've been progressing each week which is what matters!

Anyhow, I'm doing the updated Metallica PPL which I found on reddit. I can only really train Sunday to Wednesday because of my working hours in my job. I'm usually doing pull, push, leg, pull in one week then the next week I'm doing push pull leg push. This is so I can get two pull days one week and two push days the next.

Since I'm doing this 4 days straight, im basically looking for advice on whether this is overkill as I have no active rest days in between workout days? I have 3 days off on thurs/fri/sat.
    It's not optimal, but it's getting you in the gym and you're getting stronger, and that's what counts right now.

However, if you're able to squeeze in an extra day morning / or after work you could do say a 3 day full body novice like Fierce 5. Something like Sunday Tuesday Thursday.

You will obviously progress faster on something like this. But optimal does not mean better if it's sacrifices consistency. So keep doing what you're doing if you're able to stay consistent with it and progress.

DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DatDereProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Its not bad program but I think its overkill for you honestly. A basic 4 day upper/lower would probably work much better imo. Id look into Vikings or the F5 programs. With your schedule you could even do a hybrid split of lower/upper/full.
    Is vikings theviking1992 post with the bare bones routine? Tried looking it up there. Thanks!
    You mad brah?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DatDereProtein View Post
    Is vikings theviking1992 post with the bare bones routine? Tried looking it up there. Thanks!
    Yeah in the stickies.

musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since you can only workout 4 days a week I’d highly recommend something with higher frequency as others have stated already. If you had time for 6 days a week and could recover then it would likely be good. A rotating PPL only 4x a week will likely offer slower gains.

I really like what TAWS6 said with upper/lower/FB. When I can’t train twice mid week I do this and can progress just fine.
    Lifetime PR's

Squat 445 w/ wraps (405 raw no wraps)
    Competition Bench 275
    Deadlift 435

Training Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177139451