lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Should I bulk or cut?

Hi I’m just after some advice on whether I should bulk then cut or cut then lean bulk?

I’m 79KG at 5ft10.
    Probably around 20% bf never been tested just with comparison of other pictures. Be good if I could add a pic so you guys could confirm I’m around 20% body fat but it won’t let me add a url.

Also I’ve been training around a month now (I’ve trained before) and used an online calculator which tells me I’ve been needing 3500 cals to bulk, training once or twice a day 5days/week, but seem to have gained a lot of fat, does 3500 cals sound a lot? I’ve gone from 75kg to 79kg this month.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lukeyc95 View Post
    Hi I’m just after some advice on whether I should bulk then cut or cut then lean bulk?

I’m 79KG at 5ft10.
    Probably around 20% bf never been tested just with comparison of other pictures. Be good if I could add a pic so you guys could confirm I’m around 20% body fat but it won’t let me add a url.

Also I’ve been training around a month now (I’ve trained before) and used an online calculator which tells me I’ve been needing 3500 cals to bulk, training once or twice a day 5days/week, but seem to have gained a lot of fat, does 3500 cals sound a lot? I’ve gone from 75kg to 79kg this month.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
    No, you should not bulk.

How old r u?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukeyc95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’m 25 mate, so would you suggest I lose some body fat before I bulk?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’m 25 mate, so would you suggest I lose some body fat before I bulk?
    Yeah, I would suggest getting somewhere between 10-15% before you lean bulk. Doesn't need to be super lean, but 20% is basically the threshold for 'health' for most people wherein anything higher you start having negative effects.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yeah, I would suggest getting somewhere between 10-15% before you lean bulk. Doesn't need to be super lean, but 20% is basically the threshold for 'health' for most people wherein anything higher you start having negative effects.
    i'm around 15% and got two weeks left of my cut, and i have a question that doesn't deserve its own thread...

the answer is different for everyone, but on average, how much bf% can one estimate to gain during a six month lean bulk? with a ~250 surplus, you think i'm likely to stay under 20%?

to OP: cut, cut, cut

Okay thanks for the info pal, I have added a photo to my gallery is there any chance you could have a quick look at it to see if I am around 20% please?

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i'm around 15% and got two weeks left of my cut, and i have a question that doesn't deserve its own thread...

the answer is different for everyone, but on average, how much bf% can one estimate to gain during a six month lean bulk? with a ~250 surplus, you think i'm likely to stay under 20%?
    Well just do the math dude..

250x7(days)x4(weeks)x6(months) = 42,000 calories of surplus in 6 months.

The problem sits with understanding that you'll hopefully gain muscle mass at the same time... so whether or not ALL of that 42k surplus is fat is unknown...

But lets get give a generous number of 4lb in 6mo of lean tissue, leaving it at 8lb of fat (this is using 42,000 / 3500 = 12lb gained).

I can't tell you what % of total fat mass change that is because I don't know your bodyweight, but those would be the unit numbers of weight.

Okay thanks for the info pal, I have added a photo to my gallery is there any chance you could have a quick look at it to see if I am around 20% please?

Mirin shoulder to wasit ratio...

I'm honestly not sure if you're 20%.... you COULD be, but you hold your weight very well... strong genetics for that.

I think you could be between 17-20% but some of that might just be because your hips/waist are so small. Again that benefits you.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well just do the math dude..

250x7(days)x4(weeks)x6(months) = 42,000 calories of surplus in 6 months.

The problem sits with understanding that you'll hopefully gain muscle mass at the same time... so whether or not ALL of that 42k surplus is fat is unknown...

But lets get give a generous number of 4lb in 6mo of lean tissue, leaving it at 8lb of fat (this is using 42,000 / 3500 = 12lb gained).

I can't tell you what % of total fat mass change that is because I don't know your bodyweight, but those would be the unit numbers of weight.
    math is not my strong suit at all, thanks for the calculation!

i'm currently 5'7, 145 lbs, so i'd say the bulk would make me barely under 20%

and sorry for hijacking the thread OP, agreed with the posts above though

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    math is not my strong suit at all, thanks for the calculation!

i'm currently 5'7, 145 lbs, so i'd say the bulk would make me barely under 20%

and sorry for hijacking the thread OP, agreed with the posts above though
    Sounds about right.

However, you have to keep in mind that maintenance is a moving target, and as you add mass that number can change, weight gain can slow down, and you may end up burning more or less than you think.

Thumbs up

Mirin shoulder to wasit ratio...

I'm honestly not sure if you're 20%.... you COULD be, but you hold your weight very well... strong genetics for that.

I think you could be between 17-20% but some of that might just be because your hips/waist are so small. Again that benefits you.
    Thanks pal I have always been told I’ve got broad shoulders even when I was 60kg!

Thanks for the info anyways mate I’ll shred off a little bit of fat before I go in for a bulk, shouldn’t take me too long anyway I’m on furlough so I’ve got plenty of time to strength train at a decent deficit.

Thanks pal I have always been told I’ve got broad shoulders even when I was 60kg!

Thanks for the info anyways mate I’ll shred off a little bit of fat before I go in for a bulk, shouldn’t take me too long anyway I’m on furlough so I’ve got plenty of time to strength train at a decent deficit.

Good luck man!!

Thumbs up

Good luck man!!
    Thanks mate!