Kayce72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What diet is best when unable to workout

I recently broke my ankle, had surgery and am unable to put any pressure on it for 8 weeks. I’ve been using crutches as they really help with burning extra calories as well as working my biceps and triceps. My concern is my diet, should I follow a low carb? Paleo? I usually count calories and eat lower carb but with the way I workout and do cardio I wasn’t super strict with my carbs. I haven’t gained any weight but I am feeling myself get a bit soft. Any suggestions?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Maintenance.

As far as I'm concerned, there is never a good reason to use Paleo because it's a gimmick. Keto might have uses for certain populations (epilepsy or type II diabetics) but you are just making it harder for yourself if you aren't one of those.

If you find your body reacts badly to large quantities of carbs (sluggish, rebound blood sugar issues etc) then get your carbs from low calorie dense wholefood sources like wholgrains, potatos, beans etc.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    X2 on maintenance.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    maintenance and keep protein high enough to spare muscle best you can.

Do plenty of upper body work if you're able, and even things like seated leg extensions on your couch for the effected leg would be good.

Feel better!
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    x4 on Maintenance.

We generally don't promote fad diets like "low-carb" or "paleo" on this forum since they're ridiculous and not generally sustainable long-term. If you're counting calories then you should be able to eat around maintenance without restricting entire macro-nutrient groups.

You're going to feel "soft" if you normally lift weights and are now unable to for a while just because of general swelling of the muscles that come with strength training will tend to subside due to non-use.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

anthonynathan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You will lose some muscle mass and strength whatever diet you follow if you can't exercise for such a long period of time. If you were used to cheating some meals before from time to time, I would refrain from them if I were you. I'll be more strict in what I eat, no simple carbohydrates, only complex ones. I would weigh myself every 2-3 days and adjust my meals accordingly so that I don't gain weight.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Maintenance.

As far as I'm concerned, there is never a good reason to use Paleo because it's a gimmick. Keto might have uses for certain populations (epilepsy or type II diabetics) but you are just making it harder for yourself if you aren't one of those.

If you find your body reacts badly to large quantities of carbs (sluggish, rebound blood sugar issues etc) then get your carbs from low calorie dense wholefood sources like wholgrains, potatos, beans etc.
    why dose keto help epilepsy? I’ve been on medication for it for years and my neurologist never has mentioned it. I see him every six months for an eeg. Should I start a new thread or is it ok to ask here?

Just what ever calories you need to maintain op. Get enough fat and protein for health and recovery. If your diets low in calcium, couldn’t hurt to add some more. You won’t see much muscle loss in 6 weeks nor get “soft” unless you royally mess up you diet by eating too much or way to little
    Last edited by snailsrus; 09-21-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    why dose keto help epilepsy? I’ve been on medication for it for years and my neurologist never has mentioned it. I see him every six months for an eeg. Should I start a new thread or is it ok to ask here?

Just what ever calories you need to maintain op. Get enough fat and protein for health and recovery. If your diets low in calcium, couldn’t hurt to add some more. You won’t see much muscle loss in 6 weeks nor get “soft” unless you royally mess up you diet by eating too much or way to little
    Here's a little rundown of keto for epilepsy:https://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/guide/ketogenic-diet#1, Generally speaking, it tends to be quite effective for childhood forms but less so for adult-onset epilepsies. Beyond your age, perhaps your neuro never mentioned it because going on keto for life is pretty damn extreme. Even for kids who are sure to respond to the diet, it's typically recommended they try at least 3 medications first before trying keto. I mean a childhood without ever having tacos, oreos, cake, candy, ice cream, pizza, or even fruit? No thanks! Even as an adult, my quality of life would drop hard if I had to give up my beloved morning proats, shun fruits, & worry about the carb content of all my meals because they could knock me out of ketosis. That's not even to mention how socially isolating such a restrictive diet would be. Also, aren't you a vegetarian? Brb eating nothing but cheesy broccoli & eggs for life. Your Dr. probably just doesn't consider it a palatable option, so to speak.
    Last edited by Strawng; 09-21-2020 at 10:13 PM.