ProteinPapi420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is 16.5 inch arms good?

Hi! Im 17/male and I started training 1 year and 3 months ago (I trained like for 2 month then take of 2-4weeks because of school,work and health issues so I was not a year and 3 months training more like 8-9months) I havent been training for 3-4 weeks now because of the virus and work so my arms a bit flat but still a decent size 16.5 inch. Is that any good?

5’11 tall (178cm)
    216 pounds (97kg)
    I donk know why my profile says 50yo lol)

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If they were previously smaller then yes, if they were previously bigger then no. Who really cares, focus on getting them bigger if that's your goal.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    216lbs, could be fatceps

If you lose some weight and they shrink, you'll know that was the case.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ProteinPapi420 View Post
    Hi! Im 17/male and I started training 1 year and 3 months ago (I trained like for 2 month then take of 2-4weeks because of school,work and health issues so I was not a year and 3 months training more like 8-9months) I havent been training for 3-4 weeks now because of the virus and work so my arms a bit flat but still a decent size 16.5 inch. Is that any good?

5’11 tall (178cm)
    216 pounds (97kg)
    I donk know why my profile says 50yo lol)
    Depends on whether they are fatcepts. ;-)

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Arm size doesn't matter. How's your nutrition? Make sure thats on point and stick with your training.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While having big arms when not lean is less impressive, in all fairness the fat doesn't add significantly to the measurement if done correctly, even if it is easier to develop the lean mass underneath in that scenario.

EDIT: Good job OP. That's getting there. To anyone who says "Who cares about arm size?" All of this is in some sense either vain or concerned with an arbitrary form of self-improvement, depending on how you choose to look at it.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    While having big arms when not lean is less impressive, in all fairness the fat doesn't add significantly to the measurement if done correctly, even if it is easier to develop the lean mass underneath in that scenario.
    How would it not significantly add?
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    How would it not significantly add?
    The peak of a contracted bicep pulled taught with a tape measure around the whole arm is not going to be mysteriously artificial because you have fat elsewhere on your arm. Whatever softness your skin has will be pushed away. Muscle will not.

Weil du ein Österreicher bist...

Wenn man so Fett ist, daß die Arme viel größer trotzdessen Muskel erscheinen, hat er andere Probleme.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The peak of a contracted bicep pulled taught with a tape measure around the whole arm is not going to be mysteriously artificial because you have fat elsewhere on your arm. Whatever softness your skin has will be pushed away. Muscle will not.

Weil du ein Österreicher bist...

Wenn man so Fett ist, daß die Arme viel größer trotzdessen Muskel erscheinen, hat er andere Probleme.
    My experience is different, I always lost arm size on a cut.

Naja, also da hab ich ganz andere Erfahrungen. So fest kannst garnicht am Maßband ziehen. Ausserdem misst niemand den Bizepsumfang mit fest angespanntem Maßband, würde ja näher an der Wirklichkeit sein, lol.

Ich hab jedenfalls noch bei jedem Cut gestaunt wie sehr der Arm schrumpft.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

EDIT: Good job OP. That's getting there. To anyone who says "Who cares about arm size?" All of this is in some sense either vain or concerned with an arbitrary form of self-improvement, depending on how you choose to look at it.
    Fat adds to arm size the same way muscle does. If someone cares about arm size, they should also care what it consists of. Plus proportions are important - short with a small frame, those arms will look huge. Tall and fat, that arm size might look small. OP can't really ask for people to tell if that's good or not just by a #... if it's important to him, he should just keep working at it regardless since our opinions are all subjective.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You're kidding yourself.

My experience is different, I always lost arm size on a cut.

Naja, also da hab ich ganz andere Erfahrungen. So fest kannst garnicht am Maßband ziehen. Ausserdem misst niemand den Bizepsumfang mit fest angespanntem Maßband, würde ja näher an der Wirklichkeit sein, lol.

Ich hab jedenfalls noch bei jedem Cut gestaunt wie sehr der Arm schrumpft.
    Ja, ich stimme mit Ihnen dabei. Mein Punkt sorgt sich mit dem Muskel selber, nicht wie schwer ihn allein zu haben ist. Na sicher ist es einfacherer die Arme zu wachsen, wenn man essen kann, Alles das er will, und trägt viel Fett, u.s.w.

Meinen Sie das der Bizep selber von einem größen Arm, Fett hinein hat, nicht nur direkt unter der Haut?

Ja, ich stimme mit Ihnen dabei. Mein Punkt sorgt sich mit dem Muskel selber, nicht wie schwer ihn ist allein zu haben. Na sicher ist es einfacherer die Arme zu wachsen, wenn man essen kann, Alles das er will, und trägt viel Fett, u.s.w.

Meinen Sie das der Bizep selber von einem größen Arm, Fett hinein hat, nicht nur direkt unter der Haut?
    Boyo, sorry that's not German. I tried but I don't understand.

Boyo, sorry that's not German. I tried but I don't understand.
    It was a minor in college. I'm not fluent.

I was saying, that I don't disagree with you that it's much easier to have the muscle itself when you're able to eat everything you want and carry plenty of fat and is therefore less impressive, but you seem to be saying that fat itself contributes to the bicep bulk, or at least what is perceived to be pure muscle. If your biceps shrink on a cut, maybe you're actually just losing mass.

It was a minor in college. I'm not fluent.

I was saying, that I don't disagree with you that it's much easier to have the muscle itself when you're able to eat everything you want and carry plenty of fat and is therefore less impressive, but you seem to be saying that fat itself contributes to the bicep bulk, or at least what is perceived to be pure muscle. If your biceps shrink on a cut, maybe you're actually just losing mass.
    No, what I was saying is that it contributes significantly to the measurement, which it does. It will still look better/bigger when ripped, at least to me. As long as you have your basics in check, the only thing that will determine how your body composition changes on a cut is genetics. And after 30 years of training, I think I have the basics down.

PS.: No bashing man, your German just needs a little practice.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Somewhat true, but does it matter?
    It's not like you are going to walk in a shirt with a fully contracted bicep all the time.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fat most definitely adds to the measurement lol. And I said who cares because I don't care when teenagers, or adults for that matter, post their bicep measurement in some attempt for flattery or pats on the back without any pictures or anything. They should care about improving themselves not what internet strangers care about a single measurement.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Fair enough, to all of you. I'm still hovering just above 20% bodyfat so I'm not in a position to speak from experience with measuring big arms that are lean.

To those of you who are, I stand corrected.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have separation on your triceps, biceps and forearms? If you did and still have 16.5" it'd be good. But at 5'11" 216lbs and a little over a year of training to build lean mass, probably not.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆