musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder pain after doing push ups

Hi,

I have been dealing with this shoulder pain issue for about a year now.

Last year, I started feeling pain in my left shoulder after doing push-ups. The pain seem to be originating from the middle of the soulder.
    I gave it a rest for a few months and focused on other shoulder/back exercises like, lat-pull downs, pull-ups and the row.

Recenly I again tried doing push-ups for a few days and the pain came back and I had to stop. It hurts the most when I do the lateral raise movements (without even a dumbbell) as shown in the attachment. It appears like a rotor cuff injury but I am not sure.

What should I do?

Thanks
    Attached Images

Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musicgold View Post
    Hi,

I have been dealing with this shoulder pain issue for about a year now.

Last year, I started feeling pain in my left shoulder after doing push-ups. The pain seem to be originating from the middle of the soulder.
    I gave it a rest for a few months and focused on other shoulder/back exercises like, lat-pull downs, pull-ups and the row.

Recenly I again tried doing push-ups for a few days and the pain came back and I had to stop. It hurts the most when I do the lateral raise movements (without even a dumbbell) as shown in the attachment. It appears like a rotor cuff injury but I am not sure.

What should I do?

Thanks
    Does it hurt at the bottom of the movement (push up)? It might be cause of lack of internal rotation in the shoulder. In that case you got feeling that the bone in the socket wants to break out from the joint and it can put a stress on the rotator cuff especially supraspinatus tendon. you can try out stretch your posterior capsule/ external rotators and do some strenghtening for the subscapularis. Try out sleeper stretch.