natcat3434 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

5'6 123 pound female, how do I choose a workout plan?

Id like to gain some muscle and drop some fat. I have a gym available for my use. I follow a strict Paleo diet, but I don't count calories.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by natcat3434 View Post
    Id like to gain some muscle and drop some fat. I have a gym available for my use. I follow a strict Paleo diet, but I don't count calories.
    Count calories, and forget the strict paleo. It adds complications and gives you no real benefits.

As for choosing a workout plan, it's exactly the same for a woman as it would be for a man. Find one of the novice plans featured in the stickies up top, read up on them, ask a few questions, and then pick one. Once you've started, stick to it for at least 6 months. By then you'll have enough experience, maybe, to start getting an idea of what is working for you and what isn't.

The biggest mistake people make is expecting too much too soon. In the long term, weight training is by far the best overall fitness program you can adopt, but you need a lot of patience. The rewards will come, but not tomorrow.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire