bergignon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing strength after quarantine

Hey guys,

Recently school came back for me and my 12pm to 10am sleep schedule that went on for 6 months suddenly became 9:30pm to 6am. I also changed schools so adapting has been pretty rough.

The thing is, that I'm weak as ****. Like in quarantine I was the strongest I had ever been. I was banging pull-ups with 10lbs like it was nothing. I could manage 6-7 deep dips on the rings and was working towards a handstand pushup. Now ( It's been two weeks by the way ) when I come back from school I'm totally gased. The weekend it's a little bit better but I can barely manage 5 pull-ups and same for everything else.

Have you guys ever had any experience like this ? I'm 15M/5'8.5/121lbs ( I know I'm really light but I'm gaining weight )

bergignon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JSom7 View Post
    Keep practicing and your physical shape will be restored. After a six-month break (you didn’t do it at all, as I understand it), this is generally normal. You should not tear your muscles now just trying to quickly return the previous result.
    Hey, thanks for the reply but I think I didn’t explain correctly. I actually worked out throughout the six months and it’s during this time that I was really strong.

Now with school I come back totally gased out at home. My father ( Gym lurker ) said yeah it’ll come back eventually and I believe him but I thought I could get more specifities here.

Thanks !