bbgrimes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have 20-ish lbs left to reach my goal weight -- Would like advice on my routine

Hi all, I apologize if everyone is sick of seeing these kinds of posts. I'm a little bit clueless and have searched for answers on what would be best for me, but I'm feeling stumped. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a sense on direction, because I don't which exercise approach would be most ideal for me.

4'11", 146lbs, 29 year old female | Hw: 186 - CW: 146lbs - GW: 120lbs

Some history:
    Lost a total of 33lbs from March 2020 - August 2020 with Keto; I've incorporated exercise since June 2020-now.

I'm now at ~146lbs and would like to reach 120lbs, and I would also love to build some muscle. This week, I've started to do 30mins of cardio and 30mins of weight training with dumbells... But I have no idea I should switch back to 1hr of cardio to lose fat? In July I worked out 5x a week with an hour cardio, and felt hungry constantly with a 1200 calorie deficit; oftentimes, I went past it and hit 1,400-,800 calories, but still lost inches without the scale moving much.

I eat atleast 100+g protein a day, and my caloric deficit is 1200. Right now I'm experimenting with the carnivore WOE for 30 days, and will resume back to keto after.

TLDR: Switch to 1hr of cardio for fat loss 5x week, or is it okay to do 30mins cardio & 30 mins weight training 5x week for fat loss + gaining strength/building muscle?

TYIA, and again, I apologize if this question may sound stupid.

Edit: Ultimately, I want to be less fat and have a nicer body + build muscle lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bbgrimes; 09-12-2020 at 11:44 AM.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight loss is all about burning more calories than you consume. Are you counting all your calories?
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbgrimes View Post
    TLDR: Switch to 1hr of cardio for fat loss 5x week, or is it okay to do 30mins cardio & 30 mins weight training 5x week for fat loss + gaining strength/building muscle?
    cardio doesn't burn fat, it's just a healthy tool to control your caloric deficit. i'd focus on weight training maybe 3-4 times a week and do cardio as "extra" exercise

weight loss = losing fat and muscle (this is what happens without resistance training)
    fat loss = losing fat and minimal muscle (resistance training helps you retain muscle when losing weight)

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have amazing genetics and you already look beautiful but when you get to your goal, you are going to turn heads for sure. The most important thing is your health though, the aesthetics are just the cherry on top. Check this thread I made, might help a bit! https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178966771
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

bbgrimes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    Weight loss is all about burning more calories than you consume. Are you counting all your calories?
    Yes and yes!

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    cardio doesn't burn fat, it's just a healthy tool to control your caloric deficit. i'd focus on weight training maybe 3-4 times a week and do cardio as "extra" exercise

weight loss = losing fat and muscle (this is what happens without resistance training)
    fat loss = losing fat and minimal muscle (resistance training helps you retain muscle when losing weight)
    I see, I was afraid of doing too much cardio again because I found myself hungry AF when I did an hr of it 5x a week in July.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm a little bit confused though, because a friend back then pointed out that the bigger guys who gain muscle still look a little chub because they didn't lose the excess weight first? Not sure how else to explain. I wasn't sure if the best route for me was to do a weight loss of 20lbs (or however much I'm happy with), and then build muscle from there. I'll certainly do the weight training moreso than cardio, though! I appreciate your comment.

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    You have amazing genetics and you already look beautiful but when you get to your goal, you are going to turn heads for sure. The most important thing is your health though, the aesthetics are just the cherry on top. Check this thread I made, might help a bit!
    Thank you, will check it out!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbgrimes View Post
    I'm a little bit confused though, because a friend back then pointed out that the bigger guys who gain muscle still look a little chub because they didn't lose the excess weight first?
    nobody's going to look "a little chub" from building muscle unless they're already fat and eating in a caloric surplus

you'll be in a caloric deficit while hopefully lifting weights, and as a beginner you'll probably build some muscle while losing fat = win-win for you