ColeSwaino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Way too much sets and dont know how to reduce

Hey

So i've been training at home with dumbells from 10 - 30 pounds, and my question is how can I apply progressive overload while lowering the amount of time I spend lifting? I literally spend like 2 hours training just cause theres so many sets LOL - - For example, this is my routine. My goal is too get a good Push pull leg routine, were i'm training each body part twice a week in a way shorter time

Idek what to do. TO apply progressive overload id just up the sets every workout, but it's to the point im doing soo much sets. I know i need to up the weights but I dont know how to without sacrificing volume

Monday - Chest and Shoulders Chest: 38 set of 10 reps with 30s Shoulders: 38 sets of 20 with 20's

Tuesday - triceps Triceps: 48 sets of 15 with 30's

Wednesday - Biceps Biceps: 53 sets of 8 with 25's

Thursday - Off

Friday - CHest and shoulders Chest: 38 set of 10 reps with 30s Shoulders: 38 sets of 20 with 20's

Saturday - Triceps Triceps: 48 sets of 15 with 30's

Sunday - Biceps Biceps: 53 sets of 8 with 25's

AGAIN .. . Idek what to do. TO apply progressive overload id just up the sets every workout, but it's to the point im doing soo much sets. I know i need to up the weights but I dont know how to without sacrificing volume

Thanks to anyone who answers this Lmao sorry im only 14

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Experiment time: Instead of a fixed number of reps, when you do your first set just keep going until you absolutely positively cannot do another rep... Wait 90 seconds and do it again.

Note the drop in rep count between sets.

Use the first set rep count to gauge progress.

After you've dropped to (say) 3/4 of your first set rep count, stop doing more sets.

ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMHO in term of progressive overload you need to lift more weight, not just more reps, or more sets, or less rest time...

but you are using only dumbbell there will be limit to more weight, but try to add more weight if you can.

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Experiment time: Instead of a fixed number of reps, when you do your first set just keep going until you absolutely positively cannot do another rep... Wait 90 seconds and do it again.

Note the drop in rep count between sets.

Use the first set rep count to gauge progress.

After you've dropped to (say) 3/4 of your first set rep count, stop doing more sets.
    This exactly. What you need to do is to try to make these sets “hard” by trying to take them to within 1-2 reps of failure. If you can get in 8-15 hard sets a week per muscle group you should be able to see progress over time. Blasting out a ton of “easy” sets isn’t going to signal your body to build more muscle.

ColeSwaino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks everyone who replied taking everything into consideration

chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ColeSwaino View Post
    Thanks everyone who replied taking everything into consideration
    10-20 hard sets per body part per week.