Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)

EZ Curl Bar Testimonial

I finally got around to using my EZ curl bar thanks to Bill Pearl's 21s triceps movement routine (7 reps of lying triceps extensions, 7 reps of skullcrushers and 7 reps of close grip bench press) which I did for 3 sets conservatively with lighter weight and let me just say that the EZ curl bar is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

Without sounding biased towards BWTG, I find the 2.5" thick grip to not cause strain to the elbows, or odd clicking to the inner elbow joint as opposed to the standard diameter...the only caveat to the thicker curl bar is that pointed groove is prominent during skullcrushers which needs to be slowly lowered, I go to about my nose in a slow controlled manner and extend from there.

As an added bonus, when I did my pushups in a 100 rep pyramid along with a few slow 5 second concentric and eccentric pattern as a finisher, I literally went back and did 20 extra reps of pushups at a fast speed and probably could've done more! The lockout strength is no joke since I added the 21s tricep movements and they'll be sure to be a regular in my routine from here on out (and to think I almost sold my EZ curl bar during the beginning of all the madness).

Can't wait to see how it carrys over to my bench (seems to be slightly better than dips, although dips will always be in my routine on certain days as well).

Speaking of Bill Pearl, I got around to purchasing a used copy of his book "Keys To The Inner Universe" off amazon.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-11-2020 at 11:51 AM.

oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldred is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "BP's 21s tricep routine". I need to change things up; I'm going to give it a try.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    "BP's 21s tricep routine". I need to change things up; I'm going to give it a try.
    It's a nice finisher after everything else, Bill was also an advocate of doing DB skullcrushers and incline tricep extensions.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-14-2020 at 11:52 AM.

I just received my book in the mail (bought it used from amazon, I think the original source was from a library). The book appears to be in good shape and as I turned the page I was surprised to see that Bill Pearl autographed it!

Here's a picture of the book "Keys to the Inner Universe" and Bill Pearl's signature...

http://imgur.com/a/MLsrdIJ
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-14-2020 at 11:41 AM.

As a continuation to this subject, while I like the thick EZ curl bar I'm kind of not much of a fan of the rackable and cumbersome width of the bar and am contemplating getting a non-rackable for ease of space maneuvering the bar during tri extension movements. I might even go back to standard diameter grip along with proper warming up and continuing a bit lighter and avoid locking the elbows at the top, or swinging during extension (to maintain elbow health during the nature of the movement).

That said, if I don't go with the non-rackable BWTG thick EZ curl bar (I probably won't and may just keep the rackable one for thicker grip variety), would yous recommend the Rogue non-rackable EZ curl bar and how are the grooves on it? (If it ever gets back in stock along with everything else that is lol).

Also, would you say the revolving sleeves are advantageous in contrast to stationary sleeves for extension movements?
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-21-2020 at 11:28 AM.

maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have not used the Rogue curl bar so can't speak to it. I do have the Vulcan curl bar and like it alot. Would recommend.

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I just received my book in the mail (bought it used from amazon, I think the original source was from a library). The book appears to be in good shape and as I turned the page I was surprised to see that Bill Pearl autographed it!

Here's a picture of the book "Keys to the Inner Universe" and Bill Pearl's signature...

http://imgur.com/a/MLsrdIJ
    That's a pretty cool bonus.

Also, would you say the revolving sleeves are advantageous in contrast to stationary sleeves for extension movements?
    I like the rotating sleeves for curls, triceps extensions, etc.

Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
    I have not used the Rogue curl bar so can't speak to it. I do have the Vulcan curl bar and like it alot. Would recommend.
    +1. I don't recommend Vulcan as a company (their customer service sucks), but I have their curl bar and would also recommend it.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was going to recommend my Cap Deluxe 5' curl bar, but apparently it's went up $100 on Amazon LOL. I've been tempted to upgrade to REP's rackable but I can't bring myself to make the switch, the CAP isn't overly special but the shaft thickness is 30MM and the bends feel good.

Not sure if this is real life, but am I seeing this correctly? Bar used to be close to $250 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/IVANKO-Commer.../dp/B06XBGM2V9
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 09-22-2020 at 07:18 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Was going to recommend my Cap Deluxe 5' curl bar, but apparently it's went up $100 on Amazon LOL. I've been tempted to upgrade to REP's rackable but I can't bring myself to make the switch, the CAP isn't overly special but the shaft thickness is 30MM and the bends feel good.

Not sure if this is real life, but am I seeing this correctly? Bar used to be close to $250 shipped.
    It's the chinese made version. On the Ivanko site OBZ-30 shows as $188.50. The OBZ-55 is the US version and their price is $383.50. So maybe that one used to sell for $250?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MaineBarnLift View Post
    It's the chinese made version. On the Ivanko site OBZ-30 shows as $188.50. The OBZ-55 is the US version and their price is $383.50. So maybe that one used to sell for $250?
    The OBZ-30 has always been an import bar, they may have switched from Taiwan to China, but I bought it once before at around $250 shipping I think from Ironcompany.

https://www.amazon.com/IVANKO-Commer.../dp/B06XBGM2V9
    Good catch on finding that Ivanko EZ curl bar, seems nice in a no frills model of their curl bars. To those who have used one, would you say the grooves are favorable on the OBZ-30B?

I wonder how this bar would pit up against the Rogue, Rep Fitness and Troy ones? It's obviously a bit cheaper in price than some and just a curl bar so not a ton of uses to invest highly in aside from mostly two movements along with their respective variations.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-22-2020 at 10:17 AM.

To those who have used one, would you say the grooves are favorable on the OBZ-30B
    Ivanko had the best bends on any curl bar I have used, but unfortunately I haven't used the Rogue or REP to compare.

Think I've had a Body-Solid, Troy, CAP, and some BS XMark that was terrible.

Ivanko had the best bends on any curl bar I have used, but unfortunately I haven't used the Rogue or REP to compare.

Think I've had a Body-Solid, Troy, CAP, and some BS XMark that was terrible.
    Good to know, it appears Iron Company sells this same bar for $239 with free shipping and it says black oxide as the finish...I wonder if the one amazon sells is a cheaper coating on the same bar for the cheaper price, or if Iron Company is just over pricing the same exact bar.

https://www.ironcompany.com/ivanko-b...ic-ez-curl-bar

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to know, it appears Iron Company sells this same bar for $239 with free shipping and it says black oxide as the finish...I wonder if the one amazon sells is a cheaper coating on the same bar for the cheaper price, or if Iron Company is just over pricing the same exact bar.

https://www.ironcompany.com/ivanko-b...ic-ez-curl-bar
    I just sold the Iron Company oxide version that I bought a couple of years ago and it matched the photo on their site. It didn't look like the Amazon bar. Maybe Iron Company also sells the Amazon version now and hasn't updated their photo. Or maybe they still have stock of the oxide bar left. Or maybe there are two versions. Regardless, I think the coating on the Amazon bar doesn't look very good and I'd avoid it. I did like the oxide version quite a bit. I sold it because I am going to upgrade to a rackable Rep bar eventually and would rather have the cash for now. Dumbbell curls will suffice.

Edit: I've emailed with Iron Company's customer service before and they were very responsive. You might get in touch and see what they can tell you. Maybe they can bring the price down closer to Amazon if it's basically the same bar with a different coating - assuming you would prefer oxide over chrome/paint/whatever that's on Amazon.
    Last edited by radrd; 09-22-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got the Rogue bar and like it but honestly cannot evaluate it compared to others as I've never really done curls serious (just starting now) as I have never cared about my biceps, lol. If you have any specific questions about it I can answer them.

Edit: I signed up for notifications for it and got a notification and bought it right away, so that worked for me.
    Last edited by Heisman2; 09-22-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: further information

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I got the Rogue bar and like it but honestly cannot evaluate it compared to others as I've never really done curls serious (just starting now) as I have never cared about my biceps, lol. If you have any specific questions about it I can answer them.

Edit: I signed up for notifications for it and got a notification and bought it right away, so that worked for me.
    Thanks Heisman2, did you land up going with the 5' version of the e-coat, or cerakote Rogue EZ curl bar?

How are the grooves/bends when doing triceps extensions and skullcrushers with it?

How does the 28.5mm diameter feel when doing movements with it? (I know some prefer 28.5mm, while other prefer 30mm).

Also, how durable is the coat and deep is the bite on the knurling?

I appreciate all the insight while in the process of a decision.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks Heisman2, did you land up going with the 5' version of the e-coat, or cerakote Rogue EZ curl bar?

How are the grooves/bends when doing triceps extensions and skullcrushers with it?

How does the 28.5mm diameter feel when doing movements with it? (I know some prefer 28.5mm, while other prefer 30mm).

Also, how durable is the coat and deep is the bite on the knurling?

I appreciate all the insight while in the process of a decision.

I also have the Rogue curl bar in it's original e coat configuration. If you're familiar with the Ohio bar, then the knurling is pretty much identical, not overly aggressive, but more than enough grip for a curl bar. The e coat is fine, to be honest I'm not particularly fussy about bar finishes, it's worn well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bar with the e coat finish.

My bar is not rackable, not having owned a rackable curl bar, I can't make any sort of comparison, for my purposes a non rackabel bar works well.

The bends are well spaced and whilst the angles are a little steeper than my old generic curl bar I prefer the steeper angle. For me it works equally well for curl and extension work.

I have short stubby fingers and have spent most of my lifting career using a 28mm IWF bar, having said this, I think 30mm would be just about perfect for me, certainly in my view the 25mm generic curl bars are just too narrow for my liking, but I may just be too picky.

My one gripe about Rogue bars in general, the ribbed sleeves, I've been used to them on IWF bars, but Rogue's ribbing feels overly sharp, I like to do drop sets with smaller increment steel plates, because they're thinner, stripping plates isn't so easy.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I pretty much agree with gym62richard above. The bar feels good in my hands with all movements. I just got mine within the last couple of weeks so cannot comment on durability. I got the non-rackable e-coat version. Here's another review if you haven't seen it: https://www.garage-gyms.com/rogue-cu...roduct-review/

(I know some prefer 28.5mm, while other prefer 30mm).
    IMHO, if it's not at least 30mm its automatically ruled out for a curl bar. There is no reason to have a 28-28.5mm shaft for curls/triceps, thicker is more comfortable for high reps and I believe it activates the forearms/biceps better.

I just received a notification that the Rogue non-rackable e-coat curl bar is back in stock and I jumped on getting it...kinda wish it was 30mm, but the stock of things seems half way at best so it will suffice...not only that but the Rogue curl bar was a few bucks cheaper than the Ivanko OBZ-30B (assuming the Iron Company one was still black oxide coated) and the Rogue's probably a bit higher in quality.

Thanks fellas for all the info and I'm looking forward to hitting the triceps and even biceps hard with the new addition, I might even have to get their arm blaster at some point (for old-school tradition's sake lol).

My Rogue curl bar came in today, the packaging (not pictured) is top notch with aluminum end caps stapled in and a foam covering on the end caps of the bar sleeves (so far in my experience, American Barbell takes the top spot for the most insanely secure packaging on their bars which is excellent).

My initial impressions of the curl bar is that I like it's portable size to maneuver it easier during its intended lifts (I'll pit it head to head against my rackable curl bar soon once I put that one inside the rack). As mentioned the knurling errs on the passive side (same as the Ohio bar's knurl) but with enough grip for its intended uses (it feels better than, yet slightly similar to the BWTG rackable curl bar knurl).

The grooves for tri extensions and curls are deep enough and nicely done and although not necessary the traditional full knurled coverage is welcomed on this bar. The middle portion is flat which is extremely superior to the BWTG curl bar considering that one has a prominent point in the middle which can potentially open you up if you aren't slow and controlled enough using it on skullcrushers, it also gives lee way for better ROM on the movement.

Like also mentioned, the Rogue curl bar's diameter could be a hair thicker at 30mm, but it's not a deal breaker by any means and the ribbing on the sleeves will take a bit sliding them on and off (on a better note once the plates are on they're on so there's that).

All in all, if Rep Fitness had their stainless steel curl bar in stock I might've considered it based off of the 30mm diameter and the stainless steel (I might even still get it at some point)...but these days availability is about 50/50 at best, so I'm more than satisfied with the Rogue curl bar for now which is high quality as well!

Here's some pics of the Rogue curl bar...

http://imgur.com/a/v4zEjqT
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-29-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My Rogue curl bar came in today, the packaging (not pictured) is top notch with aluminum end caps stapled in and a foam covering on the end caps of the bar sleeves (so far in my experience, American Barbell takes the top spot for the most insanely secure packaging on their bars which is excellent).

My initial impressions of the curl bar is that I like it's portable size to maneuver it easier during its intended lifts (I'll pit it head to head against my rackable curl bar soon once I put that one inside the rack). As mentioned the knurling errs on the passive side (same as the Ohio bar's knurl) but with enough grip for its intended uses (it feels better than, yet slightly similar to the BWTG rackable curl bar knurl).

The grooves for tri extensions and curls are deep enough and nicely done and although not necessary the traditional full knurled coverage is welcomed on this bar. The middle portion is flat which is extremely superior to the BWTG curl bar considering that one has a prominent point in the middle which can potentially open you up if you aren't slow and controlled enough using it on skullcrushers, it also gives lee way for better ROM on the movement.

Like also mentioned, the Rogue curl bar's diameter could be a hair thicker at 30mm, but it's not a deal breaker by any means and the ribbing on the sleeves will take a bit sliding them on and off (on a better note once the plates are on they're on so there's that).

All in all, if Rep Fitness had their stainless steel curl bar in stock I might've considered it based off of the 30mm diameter and the stainless steel (I might even still get it at some point)...but these days availability is about 50/50 at best, so I'm more than satisfied with the Rogue curl bar for now which is high quality as well!

Here's some pics of the Rogue curl bar...

http://imgur.com/a/v4zEjqT
    I’ve had that one for half a year or so. Been very happy with the angles, though I do think a little sharper knurling would have been ok as you implied. Can feel a bit slippery at times.
    My Candito Linear log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177212011&p=1581528721#post1581528721

My Fierce 5 Novice log (deprecated): https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175702561&p=1550387651#post1550387651

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Quick update on my Rogue curl bar for comparison sake, maybe it was cause I went a bit heavier during 21s on triceps after a few warm up sets without getting familiarized with this close grip diameter groove (in other words maybe I should've went lighter on the 21s working set), but I found the grip to be a bit uncomfortable on my wrists during flat bench triceps extensions and skullcrushers with this bar, although I like the slightly fuller ROM of the flat middle surface on it.

In my opinion the rackable BWTG 2.5" fat grip feels more comfortable on triceps extensions and skullcrushers, feels nice on curls too (probably due to the open palm grip) and despite having to be slow and controlled on it due to the pointed V shaped groove on skullcrushers. I believe the BWTG curl bar weighs more at 35 lbs due to the rackable length.

What I do like on the Rogue curl bar is that it's easier to load the bar on the bench and is more portable, I'll have to try curls with it to see how it feels on those and I'll tinker around with the triceps extensions and skullcrushers a bit more with the bar, but this might be an individual issue for me (I have long fingers so maybe the 28.5mm is too thin for my wrists and forearms, I can always put my Fat Gripz on the bar too which might help with this)...all in all this purchase might be a slight buyer's remorse if I can't get it to work out comfortable for me and this is not due to the quality of the curl bar at all, just the diameter I would assume.

I'd be curious to try a 30mm curl bar (particularly the Rep Fitness stainless steel one), but I'm not really looking to go crazy going back and forth on curl bars, so I'll continue to see which ones work on what movements with the ones I own for now.

I just wanted to update the curl bar situation and while I typically would give the benefit of the doubt on a piece of equipment until I exhausted that it won't work for me, I did with the Rogue curl bar (which I attempted again doing 21s on triceps today with lighter weight this time), but the discomfort in the wrists on it was so much of a burden that I literally discontinued the working set with the bar, went downstairs and out to the garage, took my BWTG rackable 2.5" curl bar out of the power rack and went upstairs with it to warm up and get my working sets of 21s triceps with it as the finisher of my workout...felt like a huge sigh of relief on my wrists.

Final thoughts on the curl bars, for me anyway I couldn't recommend a 2" to 2.5" thick knurled curl bar more if I tried...I'm a big advocate of it, it just feels great on the joints and gives you a mighty strong pump in the triceps and biceps due to the diameter. Doing triceps 21s (particularly starting with flat bench triceps extensions) is difficult to do inside the rack without banging into it, but for loading and unloading weight and having a better starting point for skullcrushers and close grip bench it's perfect and if I ever get bored with 21s (to exclude flat bench tricep extensions in the mix), then I'll bring it back down to the rack area once again.