Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Hmm, hard to suggest how you should spend your money. They all look legit, I just wonder how necessary it is to buy a program. Will you also get coaching and/or individual feedback? I guess no, since those prices aren't high.

Wolf recently did an RTS adaptive program.
    Suffolk Punch might know the RP, he's studied Israetel.

Jeff Nippard? Prime Strength (Brendan Tietz)? Calgary?
    I'm planning on training on my own for the next year (2021), but I plan on starting with receiving coaching around 2022. For the next year, my goal is to gain as much lean body mass as possible to create my base frame. After, I plan on balancing out my physique and working on whatever weaknesses become apparent. The latter probably requires experience and expertise whereas the former probably doesn't.

I'm not opposed to any other programs out there, as long as someone reputable from around here can vouch for them. The reason I'd prefer going with a paid program is because I don't trust my fatigue management instincts, and with the weight getting heavier it would probably be the most valuable aspect of programming I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Rts pb is solid. I also have all the bb med templates and they are pretty solid.
    I wouldn't run RP personally, or nippard or tietz over those first 2 anyway.
    Alright, thanks for the feedback! It sounds like both you and MyEgoProblem agree in these respects so that makes it easier for me.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Not a fan of isreatels stuff, although it works.

Nippard... Hard pass. Can't take his stuff seriously. After his huge leaps over bad studies and defence and lying about special sauces

Tietz, uber hype brah, a bit much for me... programming is great but really need to get the actual coaching from him if you go with him.

Bbmed. Great setups, but will be getting updates soon.. Personally I don't like the rp style volume ramping OR the online community (the clients/users) the docs are great!

Rts.. Exceptional. Period.

Id certainly go rts first then bbmed for templates. XD
    After that squat tip, I trust you forever!!!

RTS first it is. Time to get swole

**edit**

When Calgary Barbell releases their off season program I'll definitely give it a go as well, but it sounds like they're still working on it.
    Last edited by Camarija; 11-27-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Max Effort Lower: Front Squat w/Bands
    155 pounds + 2 mini bands x 1 rep
    I've never even been able to front squat 155 pounds before, much less with the extra resistance. My lack of reps with this lift really showed though. Reps were somewhat inconsistent during the ramp up, with some good ones and some not so good. They (of course) got worse as I got nearer my max. In the 155 pound rep you'll see in the video below that I leaned forward a fair amount, actually banging into the rack near the bottom. Still managed to complete the rep somehow. I attempted a rep at 165 but wasn't so fortunate. Weight shifted forward once again and I wasn't able to recover from it. If my form had been decent, I for sure had another 10 to 20 pounds in me. This is a good result for me though, and I'm happy with it.

The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rts pb is solid. I also have all the bb med templates and they are pretty solid.
    I wouldn't run RP personally, or nippard or tietz over those first 2 anyway.
    Can you use the program repeatedly, or is it a one-time service? I guess you have the PDF forever but not the adaptive feature.

Do you remember the choice of exercises? For 2021, I'd like to keep increasing big 3 lifts, and also train front squat, OHP, weighted chin, and row. Do you recall if all those lifts were in the adaptive template?
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you use the program repeatedly, or is it a one-time service? I guess you have the PDF forever but not the adaptive feature.

Do you remember the choice of exercises? For 2021, I'd like to keep increasing big 3 lifts, and also train front squat, OHP, weighted chin, and row. Do you recall if all those lifts were in the adaptive template?
    Yup as you've guessed.
    The exercises change weekly for 4 weeks then repeat.
    It's adaptive though, if you want them in put them in, it's not hard to pick acceptable slots.
    If you don't need to barbell row then you can row plenty as gpp and probably should.
    Weighted chins probably wouldn't be to bad as once or twice a week gpp either.

I would never expect much Press work from any rts template, but you can always sub a bench slot.
    Pb has 1 press slot during the 4 week block.
    It has no front squat slot, but does have belt and hack squats that could be straight subs.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup as you've guessed.
    The exercises change weekly for 4 weeks then repeat.
    It's adaptive though, if you want them in put them in, it's not hard to pick acceptable slots.
    If you don't need to barbell row then you can row plenty as gpp and probably should.
    Weighted chins probably wouldn't be to bad as once or twice a week gpp either.

I would never expect much Press work from any rts template, but you can always sub a bench slot.
    Pb has 1 press slot during the 4 week block.
    It has no front squat slot, but does have belt and hack squats that could be straight subs.
    Cool thanks. I've got about half a day to pull the trigger on the 20 USD/600 THB.

What would you say you learned from it which you can apply to your training long-term?

-------------------------------
    Triples today. Good squats, meh bench. Squat stance was a bit wide which made the reps awkward. Any issues?

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squat looks great EC. And yeah, something for sure looks off on the bench. It appears less stable and smooth than the benching I've seen from you previously, but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that's causing it from the video...

Max Bench: Floor Press - Close Grip
    165 pounds x 1 rep
    This lift is definitely better as a supplemental exercise. I got in some good volume on the ramp up though, and was feeling the burn in my triceps.

Video also shows my first set of Bench Press with a Bamboo Bar today. The bar was totally out of control. I reigned it in a bit on each set, and felt I had it under pretty good control by the final set. It forced me to stop trying to make micro adjustments during the lift with the smaller muscles, and just focus on pushing with the main muscles. I kind of feel like this might be a good warm up tool before heavier benching, because it really made me focus on the movement rather than just heaving the bar up without much control.

Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Squat looks great EC. And yeah, something for sure looks off on the bench. It appears less stable and smooth than the benching I've seen from you previously, but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that's causing it from the video...

Max Bench: Floor Press - Close Grip
    165 pounds x 1 rep
    This lift is definitely better as a supplemental exercise. I got in some good volume on the ramp up though, and was feeling the burn in my triceps.

Video also shows my first set of Bench Press with a Bamboo Bar today. The bar was totally out of control. I reigned it in a bit on each set, and felt I had it under pretty good control by the final set. It forced me to stop trying to make micro adjustments during the lift with the smaller muscles, and just focus on pushing with the main muscles. I kind of feel like this might be a good warm up tool before heavier benching, because it really made me focus on the movement rather than just heaving the bar up without much control.

Might have been flaring my elbows which I don't usually do consciously, but otherwise the set felt fine. Just might be this cycle is a wash on bench.

High pin press could be an option if you get tired of floor press. Do you have spotter arms?

What does the bamboo bar target? Rotator / stabilizers?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Might have been flaring my elbows which I don't usually do consciously, but otherwise the set felt fine. Just might be this cycle is a wash on bench.

High pin press could be an option if you get tired of floor press. Do you have spotter arms?

What does the bamboo bar target? Rotator / stabilizers?
    Bamboo/quake/tsunami.. All hammer every agonist, antagonist and all the tiny little muscles that you really never feel.

The oscillations feel sooo f'ing good especially in the shoulder girdle and the pump in the delts specifically is immense.

Can be replicated with a pvc pipe or just a reg bar with chaos loading. Personally I love a few kb's each side on minis.

But it's def not a main movement.. Its def something to do later in the session.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

And adding to that, I'm finding that it's helping me (or maybe forcing me) to move the weight with the primary muscles that should be used with the lift. When I start bring some of those smaller muscles in to play, the bar just shakes more, as can be seen in my last video. So it's kind of simultaneously training me to use the correct muscles as the main movers, and also strengthening those small stabilizer muscles.

If it's something you, or anyone else, are interested in, I'd definitely try it with a regular bar first - it will give you a good idea of what it does.

Wish I had something for weights besides bumper plates, lol. They're so big that I can't even use mini bands to hang them if I have more than a 10 pound plate (they hit the floor).

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quick update: my lifts have been down lately and I'm not completely sure why, as routine, rest level, nutrition and frequency are all pretty similar to before.

Yesterday I did 103 total reps of 225 on bench and 103 pull ups (first 50 wide grip and overhand), otherwise my lifting pattern has been similar albeit a bit down on the total reps for the heavier weight.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Quick update: my lifts have been down lately and I'm not completely sure why, as routine, rest level, nutrition and frequency are all pretty similar to before.

Yesterday I did 103 total reps of 225 on bench and 103 pull ups (first 50 wide grip and overhand), otherwise my lifting pattern has been similar albeit a bit down on the total reps for the heavier weight.
    Maybe just the same protocols for to long and need a pivot.

I've been quiet as we moved flat and gym was out of commission for a bit.
    Benched once since setting it up again.
    95 x 4,4,4,4,9.

Starting back proper tonight hopefully.
    Going to run average to savage again. Reps to failure 6 day version.
    5 day full body crew

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm struggling with confidence on my squat technique, specifically depth. My plan is to squat slower from today onwards to get used to building up tension and feeling the depth, but for now can I get depth checkers please?

The camera angle is a bit off so I tried correcting the perspective for the 335 lbs (152 kg) x 1:

Thanks in advance!!!

***Unrelated, but yesterday I benched 245 lbs (111 kg) for 3 for RPE 8, and I'll be pulling 425 lbs (193 kg) later today and I'm pretty excited about that!

**edit**
    Officially back in the 1000 lb club with training weight. MAYBE I'll crack 1,100 lb total by the end of the year.

*edit2*
    Last edited by Camarija; 12-01-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► Progress Pictures

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depth looks like it would pass.

Given the shorts aren't helping with depth perception as they bunch ect and obscure the hip crease.

That's why we compete in lycra singlets 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.

This:

Maybe just the same protocols for to long and need a pivot.
    Or run a peaking program for the 4 weeks until the end of the year.

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I'm struggling with confidence on my squat technique, specifically depth. My plan is to squat slower from today onwards to get used to building up tension and feeling the depth, but for now can I get depth checkers please?
    Depth is fine on both, but not much higher.

Descending slowly helps me stay tight and keep the groove, but at a small cost of losing a bit of stretch reflex in the bottom. Maybe try tempo squats in the assistance slots of your program.

Descending slowly helps me stay tight and keep the groove, but at a small cost of losing a bit of stretch reflex in the bottom. Maybe try tempo squats in the assistance slots of your program.
    This may help!

I always recommend as fast as you can while staying tight and controlled. That's gonna be very different for everyone!

Comparing Shane hsmmonds 900 that is over in around a second to Stan effording who takes like 5 seconds to reach depth.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Depth looks like it would pass.

Given the shorts aren't helping with depth perception as they bunch ect and obscure the hip crease.

That's why we compete in lycra singlets 😂
    Thanks brother! When I go for my max on December 19 I'll be wearing tight manly shorts to make sure there's no confusion.

Depth is fine on both, but not much higher.

Yes! Thanks! Seeing as High Bar Squats kill my knees, I'm subbing in tempo squats there, hopefully that'll be enough to get the groove.

This may help!

I always recommend as fast as you can while staying tight and controlled. That's gonna be very different for everyone!

Comparing Shane hsmmonds 900 that is over in around a second to Stan effording who takes like 5 seconds to reach depth.
    LOL!!! Yeah I'm still a super newbie so going fast would just be dive bombing. I basically JUST rediscovered the amazing feeling of low bar squats when you gave me that tip earlier last month, so I'm still figuring out how the mechanics work. I think maybe after a few hundreds reps I'll be able to work on getting comfortable with speed squats.
    ► Progress Pictures

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the pointers guys: I think I had stepped away from higher volume work a little too much so I'm going to incorporate more of that in.

Today is kind of a milestone day for me, and I'm quite happy. Not sure what happened, but I attempted a similar squat spread to my benches and pull ups yesterday, and got 104 total reps at 225 in 13 clean sets (alternating with shrugs mirrored at 245 with the exact same spread) and they finally felt easy! I know 225 is indeed light for a squat, but for me it had always previously been a struggle. It's actually somewhat surprising how dramatically easier it felt this time than even a couple of weeks ago. Granted, I took a break from the deadlift which might have left me with more gas in the tank, but still. Thanks a lot to all of you for pointers on form and technique. I widened my stance out, maintained tightness, went for a more properly low-bar hold and it all finally felt natural and controlled all the way down and up. It's always been an embarrassing and looming object of negligence in my own amateur lifting career, so getting a good feel for it after so long is a huge relief. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm actually beginning to have enthusiasm for the squat for its own sake. Loooong way to go, however.

We are on the last month. Any short range goals in particular you all are aiming for?

Thanks for the pointers guys: I think I had stepped away from higher volume work a little too much so I'm going to incorporate more of that in.

Today is kind of a milestone day for me, and I'm quite happy. Not sure what happened, but I attempted a similar squat spread to my benches and pull ups yesterday, and got 104 total reps at 225 in 13 clean sets (alternating with shrugs mirrored at 245 with the exact same spread) and they finally felt easy! I know 225 is indeed light for a squat, but for me it had always previously been a struggle. It's actually somewhat surprising how dramatically easier it felt this time than even a couple of weeks ago. Granted, I took a break from the deadlift which might have left me with more gas in the tank, but still. Thanks a lot to all of you for pointers on form and technique. I widened my stance out, maintained tightness, went for a more properly low-bar hold and it all finally felt natural and controlled all the way down and up. It's always been an embarrassing and looming object of negligence in my own amateur lifting career, so getting a good feel for it after so long is a huge relief. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm actually beginning to have enthusiasm for the squat for its own sake. Loooong way to go, however.

We are on the last month. Any short range goals in particular you all are aiming for?
    That happened with me too. Hated squats until I got good at them, then they instantly became my favorite.

I set these goals a couple weeks back, all but bench still hold. 140+ bench is not gonna happen this year.

My targets:
    Bodyweight <88.5 / 195
    Squat 195 / 430
    Bench 145 / 320
    DL 215 / 475
    Next thread needs to be for 2021 goals. What do you all have planned?

That happened with me too. Hated squats until I got good at them, then they instantly became my favorite.

I set these goals a couple weeks back, all but bench still hold. 140+ bench is not gonna happen this year.

My goal is just to train a bit atm. All numbers out the window with the move and new job.
    5 day full body crew

Amazingly, my legs are less sore this morning than they were when I took a short run on Saturday, in fact almost not at all. Clearing out lactic acid I guess?

EC, when you get that 1200 total under 200 pounds, that will be a great achievement. I'll buy you a beer when you get there early next year.

@Wolf, congrats on the new job and move. Hope it's good for you.

@Ego, are you not wanting to jump in on this with us?

Hope everyone else is having a good December and I am curious what everyone else has to say for their goals. Let's finish strong!

Amazingly, my legs are less sore this morning than they were when I took a short run on Saturday, in fact almost not at all. Clearing out lactic acid I guess?

EC, when you get that 1200 total under 200 pounds, that will be a great achievement. I'll buy you a beer when you get there early next year.

@Wolf, congrats on the new job and move. Hope it's good for you.

@Ego, are you not wanting to jump in on this with us?

Hope everyone else is having a good December and I am curious what everyone else has to say for their goals. Let's finish strong!
    1,200 total just might be possible this year, and I'll feel d*mn good to hit it as my numbers had plateaud for over a year. This has been my best year for training, I've learned the most.

2021 goals are: Sq 220 / Bp 165 / DL 250 I know that will be hard work at this level but I'll aim for it anyway.
    Also: Front squat 160 x 3 / OHP 100 x 3 / Row 125 x 3 / Weighted chin +60 x 3

Still deciding what to do for the beginning of next year. I want to push my bench past this plateau, as it doesn't seem to have increased at all this cycle. So I'm considering Candito adv. bench program for 1 cycle, always liked the guy's work, combined with Nuckols' squat and deadlift programs (2x intermediate from 28 programs) mainly for short term maintenance. At least that would get me started.

1,200 total just might be possible this year, and I'll feel d*mn good to hit it as my numbers had plateaud for over a year. This has been my best year for training, I've learned the most.

2021 goals are: Sq 220 / Bp 165 / DL 250 I know that will be hard work at this level but I'll aim for it anyway.
    Also: Front squat 160 x 3 / OHP 100 x 3 / Row 125 x 3 / Weighted chin +60 x 3

Still deciding what to do for the beginning of next year. I want to push my bench past this plateau, as it doesn't seem to have increased at all this cycle. So I'm considering Candito adv. bench program for 1 cycle, always liked the guy's work, combined with Nuckols' squat and deadlift programs (2x intermediate from 28 programs) mainly for short term maintenance. At least that would get me started.
    Go for it man, I think you've got it. One thing that certainly helped me break plateaus with my bench has been, interestingly, the decline press, and dips. I read an article once that argued that particular range of motion was actually overlooked as a benefit to the entire pectoral development, and that the incline press (valuable as it is), is nevertheless overemphasized. The reasoning is that the ecentric tension, greatest on the decline, does the most to develop the carrying capacity of the tissue and ligaments. Despite its reputation as a wimpy or easier bench, the decline has always been a good intermediary tool for busting plateaus. Keep me apprised of tips for the squat as I develop it, if you would.

Looks like I'm back in the game, boys. Got a PR 5 x5 deadlift at 370.

Go for it man, I think you've got it. One thing that certainly helped me break plateaus with my bench has been, interestingly, the decline press, and dips. I read an article once that argued that particular range of motion was actually overlooked as a benefit to the entire pectoral development, and that the incline press (valuable as it is), is nevertheless overemphasized. The reasoning is that the ecentric tension, greatest on the decline, does the most to develop the carrying capacity of the tissue and ligaments. Despite its reputation as a wimpy or easier bench, the decline has always been a good intermediary tool for busting plateaus. Keep me apprised of tips for the squat as I develop it, if you would.

Looks like I'm back in the game, boys. Got a PR 5 x5 deadlift at 370.
    Sure, I'll watch your squat as you improve it.

Equipment limits mean I can't do decline or dips at home. Gym nearby has it, though, if I decide to work it in. Right now I'm willing to try more accessory and isolation work since "bench more to bench more" might have run its course on me for now.

PR DL eh? Vids or it didn't happen.

Sure, I'll watch your squat as you improve it.

Equipment limits mean I can't do decline or dips at home. Gym nearby has it, though, if I decide to work it in. Right now I'm willing to try more accessory and isolation work since "bench more to bench more" might have run its course on me for now.

PR DL eh? Vids or it didn't happen.
    Psshh.... call foul when you can pull more than me.

Touché though.

tabeautybexr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I'm new

Still not doing much. But today's bench was larsen.
    72.5kg x 6, 6, 6, 6, 16
    5 day full body crew

Conventional Deadlift: 325 x 1
    Still not comfortable going all out on this. The lift was intentionally slow and steady, as I was focused on bracing and maintaining tightness throughout. I loaded up 345, pulled the slack out, and started to push, but it felt wrong so I called it quits. I just ordered a belt online yesterday. Never used one before, so I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping it will offer more support on Deads and Squats.

Bench Press - Banded: 165 + 2 Mini Bands x 1 rep
    My stability (especially lower body) has improved a ton over the last couple of months. I felt a little wobbly doing this, but as I watched the video back I could see that it was still much better than a few weeks ago. Need to work on keeping my shoulders retracted though, because I noticed that my finishing position was notably higher than my starting position. I'm thinking I'll have a decent shot at hitting 180-185 on my next Max Bench day, which would be about a 30 pound increase in 3 months.

Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Conventional Deadlift: 325 x 1
    Still not comfortable going all out on this. The lift was intentionally slow and steady, as I was focused on bracing and maintaining tightness throughout. I loaded up 345, pulled the slack out, and started to push, but it felt wrong so I called it quits. I just ordered a belt online yesterday. Never used one before, so I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping it will offer more support on Deads and Squats.

Bench Press - Banded: 165 + 2 Mini Bands x 1 rep
    My stability (especially lower body) has improved a ton over the last couple of months. I felt a little wobbly doing this, but as I watched the video back I could see that it was still much better than a few weeks ago. Need to work on keeping my shoulders retracted though, because I noticed that my finishing position was notably higher than my starting position. I'm thinking I'll have a decent shot at hitting 180-185 on my next Max Bench day, which would be about a 30 pound increase in 3 months.

That's a clean DL rep. Not sure how fast or slow you usually pull but it looked like you had 335 or more.

Most belts have a break-in period. What did you order?

I see the same thing on bench, end position is higher than start. Think of the cue "finish short" to keep the scapula down.

That deadlift was crispy!! Lovely
    FMH crew - Couch.

When I say that it was slow, I simply meant that I wasn't attempting to pull it with any speed. It may not have moved much faster if I had been exerting all of my force. I was just surprised that it moved that easily with vey little effort. Like, as I was pulling the slack out and starting to just push slightly with my legs, the bar was already off the ground easily, and moving upward. Typically as I've neared a max attempt it takes everything I have just to break the weight off the floor. When I maxed out at 350 a couple of years ago, the reps at 315/325 felt MUCH heavier than they did on this day.

On Bench, I've been so focused on other aspects that I've never paid a whole lot of attention to my starting vs ending position. It's something I'll start working on now. Should be a pretty easy fix I think. I think just being attentive to it will make all the difference.

As far as the belt, I ordered a 10mm Untreated Pioneer Cut Belt: https://generalleathercraft.com/prod...-lifting-belt/
    Read great feedback from pretty much everyone that had used the Pioneer Cut belts, and on top of that they are on the cheaper side comparted to the other decent belts I looked into.