Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Lol! I'm new to this gym and I'm trying to develop a friendly rapport with the regulars I see around so I REALLY don't want to be a creep caught staring!!!

*edit* For more information on that video... yeah she pretty much knew what she was doing there. I had asked everyone around there if they would mind if I was recording my deadlift form for that set, and she was 100% within earshot.
    Hah, yeah I thought that one foot lean was a little posed. But hey, that indirectly means she's respecting your set and was expecting it to get a lot of attention somewhere she could take part in.. that, or like most hot women she relishes the guaranteed power to turn heads effortlessly even on an obscure forum thread.

Squats were much better today. Thanks for the tips on bracing; that made a significant difference. Intentionally tightening up and maintaining tension made the whole motion feel solid and cohesive. Previously I wasn't even consciously thinking of this, and my posture would collapse at the bottom.

Still very light be all of your standards but I'm on my way:
    Squats were 5 x 5 at 245 and I then finished out with alternating sets of 3 x 10 deadlift at 225 and supinated dumbbell curls (I hadn't done these in a while) for triples with 60s. My lower back is pretty fatigued as are my legs, but hopefully this puts me closer to that max goal.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    @Eli
    In a squat, you also employ your entire back to support the barbell, to brace (the lats and traps play a big role in squat bracing), and to control positioning up and down.
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    That Ed Coan squat video that Wolf quoted has him elaborating back extension as a legitimate part of the lift; not to the extent of a full good morning, of course, but I'm curious how you regard it, since in a previous post you were making the argument that squat is still a back-oriented lift, but in commenting on my form and in response to this post, you seem to be arguing for maintaining as straight a back as possible. Mind clarifying?
    In a squat, the back stays straight relative to the hips. There's no spinal flexion or extension during a squat. However, the back angle relative to the floor changes because the hip angle changes. We contract the back hard to support the barbell, but we don't flex or extend the back to move the barbell. Even a good morning is a hip hinge where the spine remains straight, same with a deadlift. Does that make it clearer?
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In a squat, the back stays straight relative to the hips. There's no spinal flexion or extension during a squat. However, the back angle relative to the floor changes because the hip angle changes. We contract the back hard to support the barbell, but we don't flex or extend the back to move the barbell. Even a good morning is a hip hinge where the spine remains straight, same with a deadlift. Does that make it clearer?
    Yep, although Ed Coan did say to "fight the bar up" with the back, so this might be build dependent and he was perhaps referring to a mostly isometric tension (as with the hamstrings in the deadlift). Do you personally feel a fatigue in your lower back after heavy squatting? I know this is a phenomenon for some, but this might be an indicator of excessive back use. My back is far stronger than my legs, so I may still be overcompensating with it in the squat. I'll upload my next squat and see if it's playing in too much.

One thing I'm excited about with squats is how much carryover they have: I've heard all of the broscience thrown around about how they greatly elevate your resting HGH and test levels, but however it works, I definitely get stronger overall when I'm squatting regularly. As rare as that is, I've busted most of my plateaus for ostensibly irrelevant muscle groups during periods where I was at least consistently doing them at all.

Deadlift and bench are still the two lifts I love the most though.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    First thing I see.

Your knees jutting out way forward at the bottom and hips too low. Knees want to be in line with your elbows, not forward off them.

That's the cause of the thot booty pop before the bar moves.

---

As for knees hurting with squat, I often find most people who hurt break with their knees first without loading their hips.
    This vid may help.

https://youtu.be/1LKXzPkDZCo
    I know I already responded to this post, but I wanted to give an update.

This video single handedly improved my squat.

I pitched forward and creased my hips before squatting each time today, and OH MY GOODNESS IT'S AMAZING!

Absolutely ZERO knee pain whatsoever anymore. ZERO. It's incredible.

Also, the weight felt incredibly light.

I think I set the safeties a bit too high, but this was my first time doing Pin Squats so now I know!

Dropped the safeties down after seeing the previous video and again, ZERO knee pain and it felt INCREDIBLY light.

I think my squat is going to sky rocket now.

Also, I switched from high bar to low bar and it just feels better. My wrists will need to get a bit more used to it though.

THANK YOU AGAIN BROTHER!!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know I already responded to this post, but I wanted to give an update.

This video single handedly improved my squat.

I pitched forward and creased my hips before squatting each time today, and OH MY GOODNESS IT'S AMAZING!

Absolutely ZERO knee pain whatsoever anymore. ZERO. It's incredible.

Also, the weight felt incredibly light.

I think I set the safeties a bit too high, but this was my first time doing Pin Squats so now I know!

Dropped the safeties down after seeing the previous video and again, ZERO knee pain and it felt INCREDIBLY light.

I think my squat is going to sky rocket now.

Also, I switched from high bar to low bar and it just feels better. My wrists will need to get a bit more used to it though.

THANK YOU AGAIN BROTHER!!
    This made my day buddy!! xD

If the video hadn't quite hit the mark I'd have been handin out the next batch of cues to load into dnd pull your self down with ur hip flexors.

Which includes standing in you squat stance, jamming your fingers hard into your hip flexors and pulling your self back and down with your flexors.. That usually clicks too.

Its Almost like I know wtf I'm doing eh? xD
    the video from byrce just makes it easier than describing what I've been teaching in person for years than typing a bunch of text

As for pin squats, I like them a touch above your regular bottom position right where the rebound overlaps with your **** having to kick In fully to drive up. Yours looked solid either way.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Disclaimer for the following not being a true amrap, I woke up feeling terrible today, probably not rona but a nasty ass head cold that got worse throughout the 2jd and especially the 3rd video's sets later reps..

Still not unhappy with the result.

Also, as if we didn't all know already it was the best lift, but the headache went away while benching.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Disclaimer for the following not being a true amrap, I woke up feeling terrible today, probably not rona but a nasty ass head cold that got worse throughout the 2jd and especially the 3rd video's sets later reps..

Still not unhappy with the result.

Also, as if we didn't all know already it was the best lift, but the headache went away while benching.
    Looks great Wolf. You def had several more.

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cheers, defo moving better than the Monday Squats.
    5 day full body crew

Good job. Any reason you're wearing your belt so high?

EDIT: meant to quote Wolf's video

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Good job. Any reason you're wearing your belt so high?

EDIT: meant to quote Wolf's video
    Is it high? No idea. That's probably where it always sits, would be close to hip bones if it was much lower,
    yup checked basically sitting just above hip bones.
    5 day full body crew

Is it high? No idea. That's probably where it always sits, would be close to hip bones if it was much lower,
    yup checked basically sitting just above hip bones.
    Ah, ok. I don't hardly ever use the belt so I wouldn't know what's normal with it.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This made my day buddy!! xD

If the video hadn't quite hit the mark I'd have been handin out the next batch of cues to load into dnd pull your self down with ur hip flexors.

Which includes standing in you squat stance, jamming your fingers hard into your hip flexors and pulling your self back and down with your flexors.. That usually clicks too.

Its Almost like I know wtf I'm doing eh? xD
    the video from byrce just makes it easier than describing what I've been teaching in person for years than typing a bunch of text

As for pin squats, I like them a touch above your regular bottom position right where the rebound overlaps with your **** having to kick In fully to drive up. Yours looked solid either way.
    You're a legend and I'm going to keep those extra cues in mind because I'm certain they will help! Thank you again bro!!

Big news bros, I'm famous now.

Just because I'm suddenly a celebrity don't treat me any differently (lmfao )

But for real, I was super psyched Bryce critiqued my video, very happy camper now.

For an actual training update, I decided to video my straight bar curl to evaluate how much work I need to do on keeping my form strict.

Any tips on setup to stop this swaying? Maybe keep knees slightly bent with a wider than shoulder width stance?

Also, are we going EZ bar or straight bar for the curl thing? I figure EZ bar can probably handle more weight than straight bar, which is why I ask.

CHEERS BROTHERS! And great effort on that AMRAP set Wolf!!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► Progress Pictures

You're a legend and I'm going to keep those extra cues in mind because I'm certain they will help! Thank you again bro!!

Big news bros, I'm famous now.

Just because I'm suddenly a celebrity don't treat me any differently (lmfao )

But for real, I was super psyched Bryce critiqued my video, very happy camper now.

For an actual training update, I decided to video my straight bar curl to evaluate how much work I need to do on keeping my form strict.

Any tips on setup to stop this swaying? Maybe keep knees slightly bent with a wider than shoulder width stance?

Also, are we going EZ bar or straight bar for the curl thing? I figure EZ bar can probably handle more weight than straight bar, which is why I ask.

CHEERS BROTHERS! And great effort on that AMRAP set Wolf!!
    Haha, cool! I got one back in Feb or March.

https://youtu.be/IEKhle9Pku0

For your curl, stand against a wall to stop the swaying. Center of gravity changes during the movement, so naturally the body moves with the bar.

I've only got a barbell, no Z bar, so I vote straight bar.

Haha, cool! I got one back in Feb or March.

https://youtu.be/IEKhle9Pku0

For your curl, stand against a wall to stop the swaying. Center of gravity changes during the movement, so naturally the body moves with the bar.

I've only got a barbell, no Z bar, so I vote straight bar.
    That's a good curl! Kudos.

setup a little off today, first 120 moved like **** after an easy 115, so took it again and moved it a bit better.
    shows what a lil more tightness and intent can do
    5 day full body crew

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sumo Deadlift: 315 pounds x 1 rep
    This is a 10 pound Sumo Deadlift PR. Really not happy with the lift though, to be honest. I'm struggling to get into a good position at the bottom of the lift. In the video below you can see me fidgeting pretty clearly during the first rep at 305. I attempted and failed at 325 twice. Dropped back down to 315 and failed the first attempt. The second attempt is shown in the video. Again, a pretty poor lift. Back rounded, didn't look like I fully locked out my legs (even though it felt good at the time), and wasn't able to hold the bar at the top because my grip was failing. Lots to work do do on this lift still. I'm going to continue with the deficit sumo's, and work on hip mobility.

The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

That's really not bad at all CW, you just start with hips way to lower and they have to raise before the bar can break, if you set them back n keep them higher as you bw rdl down to the bar then you'll break cleaner.

Tbh sumo needs a lot of clean work around the 6-7rpe range for me to even come close, I'm impressed at how clean you tech is given the infrequency of it in your programming.

Best variation for my sumo was always pause as soon as the bar breaks. If you are feeling extra spicy you could pause the deficit after it breaks which would be about the normal pull height most likely and that would really hammer your position for the pull.
    5 day full body crew

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's really not bad at all CW, you just start with hips way to lower and they have to raise before the bar can break, if you set them back n keep them higher as you bw rdl down to the bar then you'll break cleaner.

Tbh sumo needs a lot of clean work around the 6-7rpe range for me to even come close, I'm impressed at how clean you tech is given the infrequency of it in your programming.

Best variation for my sumo was always pause as soon as the bar breaks. If you are feeling extra spicy you could pause the deficit after it breaks which would be about the normal pull height most likely and that would really hammer your position for the pull.
    Thank man. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so I tend to focus on what's wrong with my lifts rather than what's right. It's a double edged sword. It's the only reason I keep improving my lifts, but I'd probably benefit from not worrying about it as much sometimes.

That's interesting that you suggest having hips higher, because I 'feel' like they need to be lower. I will definitely give a higher hip position a try next time around. I'll also give paused deficit Sumo's a try too. They sound brutal.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup.. Perfect critique

Hips a little too low!. Set them higher at the point in the video the bar breaks the floor.
    Looks a lot like what mine did for ages, and does again.

Haven't pulled sumo in ages and I'm too arched and setting my hips to low. Causing me to miss a couple of inches off the floor. Tryin to be too squatty

Good job man.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Yup.. Perfect critique

Hips a little too low!. Set them higher at the point in the video the bar breaks the floor.
    Looks a lot like what mine did for ages, and does again.

Haven't pulled sumo in ages and I'm too arched and setting my hips to low. Causing me to miss a couple of inches off the floor. Tryin to be too squatty

Good job man.
    Thank you sir! Sumo is definitely not the stronger Deadlift variant for me. I've lifted 350 conventional about 2 years ago, and have certainly gotten stronger since. I'm just more comfortable with Sumo from a health standpoint, because I've tweaked my lower back pretty good a couple of times, most recently during a conventional deadlift attempt at 305 a couple of months ago. So I'm pretty hesitant to max out on it. When I initially changed over to Sumo about 2 years ago, I struggled mightily to deadlift 225-235, so I've made decent improvements since then. I'll take the feedback from you and wolf on board and implement it.

Max Bench: Incline Bench Press - 45 degree w/Chains
    115 pounds + 2 Chains x 1 rep
    *Note: 2 Chains + 2 Carabiners = 35 pounds
    Touch and go - I definitely tried to take advantage of some bounce off the bottom (and as you can see in the video below, I probably needed it). This one was a grinder. I moved the touch point up higher than last time, and it helped a lot, felt like a much more natural movement.

Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Max Bench: Incline Bench Press - 45 degree w/Chains
    115 pounds + 2 Chains x 1 rep
    *Note: 2 Chains + 2 Carabiners = 35 pounds
    Touch and go - I definitely tried to take advantage of some bounce off the bottom (and as you can see in the video below, I probably needed it). This one was a grinder. I moved the touch point up higher than last time, and it helped a lot, felt like a much more natural movement.

To my eye that bounce did more harm than good for that rep. Better to control the weight, especially with chains swaying.

To my eye that bounce did more harm than good for that rep. Better to control the weight, especially with chains swaying.
    It wasn't even a conscious decision that I made ahead of time. It was more that as I was lowering the weight I had the sense that I wouldn't be able to lift it back up. But yes, you may very well be right. I think this was the first time I've done a max effort lift with chains, and the weight of the chains at the top of the lift might have played tricks on my mind.

This was a Dynamic Lower day for me today, but I have to share the video because the changes suggested by Wolf and Ego made a HUGE difference in my Squat and Deadlift today.

Box Squat - 16 inch Box
    130 pounds (60% of 1RM) - 10 sets x 2 reps
    Setting the angle of my back before starting the descent made such a big difference in the way the lift felt that I can't even believe it. The weight literally felt like 30 pounds lighter, and I was able to squat with much more speed than I typically have.

Deficit Sumo Deadlift - 2 inch
    215 pounds (70% of 1RM) - 8 sets x 2 reps
    In multiple rep sets, the first rep has always felt worse than those that followed. Today I paid more attention to hip height when watching the video, and noticed that my hips WERE just slightly (maybe 1 inch) lower on the first rep than on the second. Made a conscious effort to keep them a little higher from the beginning, and this change felt fantastic also. I was much more explosive off the floor, and it felt like everything was lined up correctly and I could just push from the ground up.

Here's the video. Thank you to everyone in this thread for the ongoing feedback and motivation! It's made a big difference in my lifts. After lifting for over 4 years, I'm just now starting to feel like I know what I'm doing, lol.

Gj cw!
    Feels easier because loading your hips stops the squat being essentially a leg extension 😉
    FMH crew - Couch.

Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Setting the angle of my back before starting the descent made such a big difference in the way the lift felt that I can't even believe it. The weight literally felt like 30 pounds lighter, and I was able to squat with much more speed than I typically have.
    YUEEESSSS BRO!!!!!!! That squat cue has been absolutely golden for me, I'm really happy it worked for you as well!

So I try out the advice again and the warm up felt really easy, almost too easy.

I'm supposed to be working up to around 315 lbs x 2 at RPE 8, but the next warm up feels easy as well.

So I decide, heck, if I'm feeling it today, might as well push it to 325 lbs x 2

Pretty much perfect RPE 8 feeling, and NO KNEE PAIN!! WOOOOP!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and then the next day I practiced taking my time at the bottom of the deadlift:

405 lbs feels light now! I feel like I'm going through another growth spurt or something
    ► Progress Pictures

I feel like I'm going through another growth spurt or something
    You're definitely kicking it into a different gear. Crushed those lifts! Awesome job man!

Happy Black Friday!

I'm thinking about picking up at least one paid program while the discounts are good. My short term goals are oriented around putting on 20 lbs of additional lean body mass. My long term goal is to compete in a natural Classic Physique competition. I'm not entirely sure where I'll land here; I may end up buying one, all, or none of the programs.

I figure I could benefit from the hypertrophy templates since I'll be finishing up a strength program and I'll know what my current maxes will be. I'm not certain it would be the best use of my time, however. On the one hand, I'm still a relative novice and I can see the advantage of developing the muscles in my main movers before focusing on smaller areas. On the other hand, I can see the advantage of putting all of my focus into physique training from here on out, since that more closely matches my overall goals.

I don't think there's a bad choice, but I was wondering which path do you think would best help me achieve my goals?

I'm considering the following programs:
    1. 10 Week Barbell Medicine Hypertrophy I Template - 3 days a week of main lifts + 2 days a week of accessory exercises
    https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...hy-i-template/

2. 10 Week Barbell Medicine Hypertrophy II Template - 4 days a week of main lifts + 2 days a week of accessory exercises
    https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...y-ii-template/

3. 7 Week RTS Hypertophy Template - 4x Per Week, Conventional Stance
    https://store.reactivetrainingsystem...tophy-template

4. 20 Week Renaissance Periodization Male Physique Training Template - Full Body, Pounds, Novice/Intermediate (Bench Less Than 225 x 10), 4x Per Week and/or 5x Per week
    https://renaissanceperiodization.com...ning-templates
    ► Progress Pictures

Happy Black Friday!

I'm thinking about picking up at least one paid program while the discounts are good. My short term goals are oriented around putting on 20 lbs of additional lean body mass. My long term goal is to compete in a natural Classic Physique competition. I'm not entirely sure where I'll land here; I may end up buying one, all, or none of the programs.

I figure I could benefit from the hypertrophy templates since I'll be finishing up a strength program and I'll know what my current maxes will be. I'm not certain it would be the best use of my time, however. On the one hand, I'm still a relative novice and I can see the advantage of developing the muscles in my main movers before focusing on smaller areas. On the other hand, I can see the advantage of putting all of my focus into physique training from here on out, since that more closely matches my overall goals.

I don't think there's a bad choice, but I was wondering which path do you think would best help me achieve my goals?

I'm considering the following programs:
    1. 10 Week Barbell Medicine Hypertrophy I Template - 3 days a week of main lifts + 2 days a week of accessory exercises
    https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...hy-i-template/

2. 10 Week Barbell Medicine Hypertrophy II Template - 4 days a week of main lifts + 2 days a week of accessory exercises
    https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...y-ii-template/

3. 7 Week RTS Hypertophy Template - 4x Per Week, Conventional Stance
    https://store.reactivetrainingsystem...tophy-template

4. 20 Week Renaissance Periodization Male Physique Training Template - Full Body, Pounds, Novice/Intermediate (Bench Less Than 225 x 10), 4x Per Week and/or 5x Per week
    https://renaissanceperiodization.com...ning-templates
    Hmm, hard to suggest how you should spend your money. They all look legit, I just wonder how necessary it is to buy a program. Will you also get coaching and/or individual feedback? I guess no, since those prices aren't high.

Wolf recently did an RTS adaptive program.
    Suffolk Punch might know the RP, he's studied Israetel.

Jeff Nippard? Prime Strength (Brendan Tietz)? Calgary?

Hmm, hard to suggest how you should spend your money. They all look legit, I just wonder how necessary it is to buy a program. Will you also get coaching and/or individual feedback? I guess no, since those prices aren't high.

Wolf recently did an RTS adaptive program.
    Suffolk Punch might know the RP, he's studied Israetel.

Jeff Nippard? Prime Strength (Brendan Tietz)? Calgary?
    Rts pb is solid. I also have all the bb med templates and they are pretty solid.
    I wouldn't run RP personally, or nippard or tietz over those first 2 anyway.
    5 day full body crew

Not a fan of isreatels stuff, although it works.

Nippard... Hard pass. Can't take his stuff seriously. After his huge leaps over bad studies and defence and lying about special sauces

Tietz, uber hype brah, a bit much for me... programming is great but really need to get the actual coaching from him if you go with him.

Bbmed. Great setups, but will be getting updates soon.. Personally I don't like the rp style volume ramping OR the online community (the clients/users) the docs are great!

Rts.. Exceptional. Period.

Id certainly go rts first then bbmed for templates. XD
    FMH crew - Couch.