Thread: Weak Chest

Vendor32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weak Chest

Hello everyone, I'm trying to get into shape at age 52. My chest has always been weak. I know I need to lose weight but if I can get some advice on how to make my chest more defined would be greatly appreciated.
    Right now my chest looks droopy and the sides are terrible. I do have a gym set at home. See pictures attached. Thanks.
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good on you at trying to get in shape - regardless of the age. (After seeing your pictures) you should target fat loss as your top priority while doing a good full body weight routine. You probably have 6 months of hard work in the gym (and dropping some weight) before you should worry about any perceived weakness or area that needs special attention.

I recommend you check out the Fierce 5 routine at the top of the Workout section of these forums. Good luck. Stick with it. Good things will come!

Vendor32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Good on you at trying to get in shape - regardless of the age. (After seeing your pictures) you should target fat loss as your top priority while doing a good full body weight routine. You probably have 6 months of hard work in the gym (and dropping some weight) before you should worry about any perceived weakness or area that needs special attention.

I recommend you check out the Fierce 5 routine at the top of the Workout section of these forums. Good luck. Stick with it. Good things will come!
    Hello again, 6 month update: I have taken your advice and have lost weight. My stomach has gotten smaller, but my chest is still lagging. I went from 162 to 144. If you take a closer look at the pictures I have developed stretch marks (lines) underneath my chest (below nipple). I suspect this is from doing cable flies (high to low). Any recommendations? I feel I don't have the genetics to develop a round firm chest. I do workout my chest twice a week. See pictures attached.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I think body dysmorphia is playing into this. There is nothing unusual about the proportions of your chest to my eyes. You just need to continue working on your whole body. If you've been focusing on fat loss, you probably didn't grow as much muscle as you could have. Perhaps try a phase of eating at around or slightly above maintenance and concentrating on progressive overload

Are you using a routine that plans and controls overload?