Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How can I get over fear of going to the gym?

I'm a young guy and I'm very skinny. I've thought about going to the gym, but I can never seem to get over the fear of being the smallest person, having people give me looks for being super skinny and talking about it. What could I do about this? What has helped you in the past?

Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zephyr01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I can't think of anything less interesting to experienced gym members than a new guy. It really is all in your head.

HTH

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Other guys in the gym, who are there to work out and better themselves are NOT interested in you. Period.

Are you just going to let this irrational fear KEEP you small and weak?

The Most Racist Man Alive MonsieurWhite's Avatar
    MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not one person will care that you're there. We're all doing our own thing and keeping focus on that. Get your butt in the gym, my guy.
    Dear Federal Agents- All my posts are serious and I am a threat to society.

Registered Anti-Racist trapspot's Avatar
    trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trapspot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got to start somewhere if you wish to mog
    NYC crew
    BLM and Antifa crew
    Defund the police until they reform crew
    Islam was right about men crew

davidscheff70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Zephyr01 View Post
    I'm a young guy and I'm very skinny. I've thought about going to the gym, but I can never seem to get over the fear of being the smallest person, having people give me looks for being super skinny and talking about it. What could I do about this? What has helped you in the past?
    It's all in your head. Think about what you want and where you have to reach. Appreciate the little things. You will get through this. Don't worry.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I see someone who is overweight or skinny in the gym I admire them for doing something about it (srs)

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    When I see someone who is overweight or skinny in the gym I admire them for doing something about it (srs)
    ^^^^ This. Unless the person is not putting in any effort at all and is acting like they don't want to be there and is just sitting there on their phone taking up a station and not even using it. If you're going to be there then "BE THERE" and do something.

Sure, you have your group of lifers in the gym who are super jacked, but remember many people in the gym actually started out the same way you did, either (1) underweight/under-muscled or (2) overweight/fat.

But really, unless you're obviously about to kill yourself I don't give most other people in the gym a second thought. But seriously, if you need a spot just ask someone, I would much rather someone ask then hurt themselves trying because they were too embarrassed to ask.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Registered User userDKUBMCDU1Q7's Avatar
    userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man its not like you have to stand in front of an audience in posing trunks. go workout.. make them want to be you

mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mvitz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are over thinking it. Dont be afraid. JUST DO IT.

Nobody cares that you are there. People are to busy doing their own thing.

If people see skinny/fat/older/whatever they dont even think about it.

GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It happened to me as well back then 3 years ago. I forced myself and nothing bad happened, its not as scary as what we're thinking and it just passed by. People won't care about you and even some peoples won't recognize that you're even there because they're working hard to improve themself not to criticize other peoples

miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Zephyr01 View Post
    everyone is mostly too engaged in their workout. And mostly everyone at the gym is nice well mostly

hely26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I remember when I first came to the gym I was very scared. I didn't know how everything worked, what to do, I was afraid that I would look funny and attract attention. But pretty quickly I got used to it, understood everything, and realized that those people who train here, have nothing to do with you, they are focused purely on themselves.
    To make it easier for you to adapt at first, ask the staff of the gym to give you a tour, to show how all the simulators work. They are interested in helping you because you pay them money.
    Choose clothes that will be comfortable for you, physically and morally.
    Be prepared that at first you will be confused and possibly scared, but this is normal and it will pass soon.
    Do not forget that this is all for your own good and then you will do it

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only people I notice are ones that can do advanced calisthenics (hand stands, planche, different levers) with good form or at all. I see people that are in great shape or not in shape at all, I don't really think anything about it. I also notice people doing push ups, pull ups and dips with poor form and limited range of motion and I just think they are cheating themselves, wasting their time and will not make progress efficiently.

Just go to the gym and concern yourself with your workout. Over time, it will become normal.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆

hocaokhanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Believe in yourself! You are your only competition; comparing yourself to others isn’t going to get you anywhere. Even if people are looking at you, convince yourself that it’s because they admire your motivation and dedication toward reaching your goals. It’s important to keep in mind that everyone has started out in your shoes at some point or another, so don’t give in to those feelings of insecurity! Keep your goals in mind, and stick with your fitness plans.

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was that way, but on the other end. I was fat and weak. Noone is judging. And even if they are, **** them. I had to have that mentality. There is ALWAYS going to be someone better than you and worse than you in everything you do. I had to keep reminding myself that. The only thing you can control is yourself and how you attack your goals.

Every little step I made towards progress made me feel more confident going to the gym. The scariest part is the initial jump into it, but once you get into a routine of going, you'll feel more comfortable. You'll recognize regulars and they will notice you, but it wont be judging. I feel like there is an unspoken mutual respect amongst those who go consistently that we are all in this together chasing our own goals.

Its scary at first, but I promise you, noone is judging you. And if they are? **** em. The gym should be fun not anxiety ridden, so try to find one that you feel comfortable at, but don't let anyone hold you back from wanting to better yourself.
    Proof Angels exist: OzleyASMR

“Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude. He's trying to help you out.”

defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    This.

Reminds me to quit my b*tching about things like being too tired or don't feel like it.
    I never lose.......Either I win, or I learn

TimHall2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking the same thing defyant. We can't be out here making excuses

pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just stare everybody down like I do every day bruh

gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a difficult situation, but try not to think of anyone, just be yourself. Don't be afraid of what someone else thinks, because after a while they will forget you

GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

Everyone of us have our own reasons for going to gym, others toning their body to get into better shape, improve strength, weight loss, endurance, flexibility, etc.... Just focus to yourself, do what want to do. So whatever your reasons for joining a gym just do it!

Great things start from small beginnings! Good luck man!

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    I thought exactly the same, and for several years I trained at home, but I lacked weight training, plus I needed a trainer to improve my back. The truth is, everyone at the gym is busy with themselves, so don't worry about it.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I can't think of anything less interesting to experienced gym members than a new guy. It really is all in your head.

HTH
    EXACTLY what he said!

No one is paying attention or looking at you unless you make it that way.

People are too busy looking at the freak about to bench press a Miata or the fitness girl wearing skimpy outfits. Everyone else just blends in.

Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    EXACTLY what he said!

No one is paying attention or looking at you unless you make it that way.

People are too busy looking at the freak about to bench press a Miata or the fitness girl wearing skimpy outfits. Everyone else just blends in.
    Lol at bench press a Miata!

Samrich91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do not let your fear and insecurity get the best of you, believe in yourself, your strengths and the result will not keep you waiting long, people. Adequate people always treat people with understanding and respect who are not afraid of change and want to change themselves. Good luck, I hope you already hit the gym.

estr99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was the same man but trust me it’s all in your head, everyone else is too focused on their own goals and journeys to spend time putting someone else down, and on the off chance someone does that’s on their ****ty character rather than you.

The feeling you will get from going and conquering your fear will be so much greater than the feeling of comfort you get from not going.

andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

HTH
    Yea I agree. Many people at the gym would be very encourgaing and willing to help out even.

lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're afraid of anything, make sure to not run away from it but towards it.

NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do not go to the gym to build cuts but to remain healthy. Initially very lazy but followed a strict schedule to accomplish daily tasks.