Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just realize this: no one cares what you're doing because everyone who's serious is focused on their own goals, their own physique. The ones that aren't serious, are going to be the most self conscious people. Now, if you're doing something completely silly looking, people will notice.. But guess what, the people who can do those things and not be concerned with what people think of them.
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah that's all in your head bud. The only person judging you will be yourself. The only way to stop judging yourself is to get in the fukking gym RIGHT NOW and start working on it. A few months and a few lbs of muscle gained will give you an entirely new perspective srs.
    HTC
    Proud Dad crew
    6'4" height of the gods

LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I believe that no one's opinion should matter to us, because at last all we need is happiness which only comes when we stop seeing ourselves from others point of view.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No one is paying much attention, because most gyms are full of average looking physiques.

I do watch for new people with poor form, and I will offer advice on how to perform the exercise correctly.
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I can't think of anything less interesting to experienced gym members than a new guy. It really is all in your head.

HTH
    I'd say there's only 1% of the people that go to the gym that actually cares about others in the gym. We go in there, do our ****, and then bounce.

But I can understand where you're coming from.. being new, you probably are comparing yourself against others, which is just not a healthy habit to have anyway. Compare yourself against yesterday's version of you. Then if you're making incremental improvements, that's all that matters.
    Fitness trainer, avid learner, dog lover & online entrepreneur.

Tugnuttle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It helps if you remind yourself that no one cares or is really even assessing your body type or musculature. You'll see a wide variety of body types at any gym and everyone has different goals. Try to start small. Do a couple sets and hit the pool (if they have one) or sauna. The more you're there, the more comfortable you'll be.

GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100)
    One friend of mine had the same struggle and I told him that he shouldn't care about what other people may think. I took him to an outdoor calisthenics park on a weekend and we ended up participating in a basic training routine with people we didn't know. And guess what, he came back the next weekend.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No one will care that you are thin.
    Just don't whip out your cell phone while seated on a machine. That would upset some people.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Zephyr01 View Post
    I'm a young guy and I'm very skinny. I've thought about going to the gym, but I can never seem to get over the fear of being the smallest person, having people give me looks for being super skinny and talking about it. What could I do about this? What has helped you in the past?
    Nobody cares about you there. They care about themselves. Study good gym etiquette and you'll fit in just fine. Now get to work. At 21 I was in incredible shape and a motorcycle accident laid me up for 6 months. Got back to the gym on crutches, pale white and down to 133 from 170. Nobody treated me any differently as when I was in shape. To reiterate,

LEARN ABOUT GYM ETIQUETTE.

You'll only be noticed if you don't follow the many unwritten rules
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 10-02-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just go to the gym so often that you feel guilty for missing a day.

Once you build a habit out of it, it's harder to quit than it is to keep going. At least in my case.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Nobody cares about you there. They care about themselves. Study good gym etiquette and you'll fit in just fine. Now get to work. At 21 I was in incredible shape and a motorcycle accident laid me up for 6 months. Got back to the gym on crutches, pale white and down to 133 from 170. Nobody treated me any differently as when I was in shape. To reiterate,

LEARN ABOUT GYM ETIQUETTE.

You'll only be noticed if you don't follow the many unwritten rules
    YES! This will certainly get you unwanted attention...my wife had to straighten out some teens last week for blocking the dumbbell rack.

#1 Stay out of the squat rack unless you are squatting.

#1 rule in my book: Stay back at least 5ft from the dumbbell rack.

and the list goes on...
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---

OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnFire11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm a young guy and I'm very skinny. I've thought about going to the gym, but I can never seem to get over the fear of being the smallest person, having people give me looks for being super skinny and talking about it. What could I do about this? What has helped you in the past?
    Honestly, most guys do not really care about how big or small a guy is.

Sure, everybody is checking each other out here and there, just like when you are in a restaurant, nobody is judging.

If anything, everybody has the same mindset to improve their physical goals.

Bet it stay in shape, getting big, gaining strength, building muscles, weight loss etc.

So respect to everyone who comes to the gym 3 to 5x a week.

Now get your gym membership and start winning!

bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just focus on yourself and realize that every big guy in the gym had to start somewhere. I remember my first day, i was 300 pounds and did 135 deadlift for like 8 reps and had to go home. I have never felt judged in the gym and don't judge other people either.
    I'm 33 not 51

6'3" 260lbs

1 rep max PRs
    415 bench
    545 squat (haven't squatted in a year)
    670x3 deadlift

Miami Beach

dieseldean11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Someone guide me how can I get rid of fear of going gym

As new year has started, I also want to go to the gym. As a skinny guy, I am scared of being bullied at the gym. How can I overcome this fear?

Originally Posted by dieseldean11 View Post
    As new year has started, I also want to go to the gym. As a skinny guy, I am scared of being bullied at the gym. How can I overcome this fear?
    It's your choice to overcome the fear, but once you make this first step, you will realize that you are part of the majority.

People don't actually start picking on you or talking about you until after you've achieve some bodybuilding goals.

TheWizard1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the same nervousness being the fat guy in the gym. Remember that the people there most likely won’t even notice you and if they do 9 out of 10 of them will just be like “Good for him, I hope he sticks with it.”

Platinum Account User BoomPowSurprise's Avatar
    BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're not perfect, I'm not perfect, and nobody else arrived at the gym perfect. Everyone who shows up at some point in time were not satisfied with the direction of their physique or health in general. The fact that you're there is you doing something about it, so just keep pushing through it and anyone that says otherwise can go pound sand.
    *6'0" crew*
    *moveable sound crew*
    *always pick 3 crew*
    *perestroika cigeretka in mouth crew*
    *bmw crew*
    *downhill mountain biking crew*
    *briefcase full of money crew*
    *smash your girl in some Adidas flip flops crew*

Registered User userC2FKJDUXFZI's Avatar
    userC2FKJDUXFZI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think building momentum with jogging 2-3 per week can get us more in the mood for a gym workout routine. I'm personally thinking cardio first to get my rhythm back.
    Texans99

rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rguzma7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, if you have that fear, take a friend. The fear is mainly in your head, but its real to you. overcome it by going with someone, that will also help with accountability and making sure you go to the gym even when you dont want to

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nothing much to add other than perception =/= reality. I have recently just restarted lifting and changed gyms, and I am probably the weakest person in my new gym. One thing I am aware of is that no-one is paying any attention to me. They are all concentrating on their own workouts or interacting with their workout buddies (or messing about on their phone).

bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just say, "fuk my feelings" and do it. Same logic can be applied in all aspects of life. Afraid to ask a chick on a date? Fuk your feelings and do it. Don't feel like going to work? Fun your feelings and do it. This is is missing in today's society. Feminization of men.
    I'm 33 not 51

6'3" 260lbs

1 rep max PRs
    415 bench
    545 squat (haven't squatted in a year)
    670x3 deadlift

Miami Beach

hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Realizing that no one gives a fuk abt u and everyone there is focusing on them self. Just remember people who go the gym are either depressed,want to work on themselves or both
    Former fat kid gang

NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I don't want to be rude, but no one cares about you in a gym
    Just do it

jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100)
    Agree. People are very self concentrated.
    They don't care about anyone else around

intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100)
    you think everyone is judging you but really no one is even thinking about you
    took my very long to learn this