Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just realize this: no one cares what you're doing because everyone who's serious is focused on their own goals, their own physique. The ones that aren't serious, are going to be the most self conscious people. Now, if you're doing something completely silly looking, people will notice.. But guess what, the people who can do those things and not be concerned with what people think of them.
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah that's all in your head bud. The only person judging you will be yourself. The only way to stop judging yourself is to get in the fukking gym RIGHT NOW and start working on it. A few months and a few lbs of muscle gained will give you an entirely new perspective srs.
    HTC
    Proud Dad crew
    6'4" height of the gods

LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I believe that no one's opinion should matter to us, because at last all we need is happiness which only comes when we stop seeing ourselves from others point of view.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No one is paying much attention, because most gyms are full of average looking physiques.

I do watch for new people with poor form, and I will offer advice on how to perform the exercise correctly.
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**
    -- 2020 A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**

isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I can't think of anything less interesting to experienced gym members than a new guy. It really is all in your head.

HTH
    I'd say there's only 1% of the people that go to the gym that actually cares about others in the gym. We go in there, do our ****, and then bounce.

But I can understand where you're coming from.. being new, you probably are comparing yourself against others, which is just not a healthy habit to have anyway. Compare yourself against yesterday's version of you. Then if you're making incremental improvements, that's all that matters.
    Fitness trainer, avid learner, dog lover & online entrepreneur.

Tugnuttle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It helps if you remind yourself that no one cares or is really even assessing your body type or musculature. You'll see a wide variety of body types at any gym and everyone has different goals. Try to start small. Do a couple sets and hit the pool (if they have one) or sauna. The more you're there, the more comfortable you'll be.

GabrielDorsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One friend of mine had the same struggle and I told him that he shouldn't care about what other people may think. I took him to an outdoor calisthenics park on a weekend and we ended up participating in a basic training routine with people we didn't know. And guess what, he came back the next weekend.

Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)
    No one will care that you are thin.
    Just don't whip out your cell phone while seated on a machine. That would upset some people.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zephyr01 View Post
    I'm a young guy and I'm very skinny. I've thought about going to the gym, but I can never seem to get over the fear of being the smallest person, having people give me looks for being super skinny and talking about it. What could I do about this? What has helped you in the past?
    Nobody cares about you there. They care about themselves. Study good gym etiquette and you'll fit in just fine. Now get to work. At 21 I was in incredible shape and a motorcycle accident laid me up for 6 months. Got back to the gym on crutches, pale white and down to 133 from 170. Nobody treated me any differently as when I was in shape. To reiterate,

LEARN ABOUT GYM ETIQUETTE.

You'll only be noticed if you don't follow the many unwritten rules
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 10-02-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough