TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Potassium more important than protein?

Potassium seems as important as protein - if not more so - check for yourself.

RDA of 4700 mg but one source said 98% of Americans don’t get that.

I can believe it. You may have heard bananas are high in Potassium, but you would have to eat 10 to get the RDA.

Sure it’s in fruits and veg and meats etc to varying degrees but I would doubt whether many here are getting 4700 mg without making a specific effort to do so.

Bear in mind 4700 is the RDA for regular people - athletes etc need more.

Apparently, there is almost none in multivitamins and not a lot in potassium pills. That’s because the stuff can be dangerous to some people with health conditions or taking certain medications.
    Eg taken with certain diuretics it can be fatal and has been so.

I’m no expert - just did a little research so I’m not suggesting anyone take any without doing their own research or seeing a doctor or whatever - apparently supplementation is not generally recommended.

Anyway, from what I have read the cheap hack is to buy a salt substitute from the supermarket. The first one I saw cost $2.75 and contained about 1250mg per teaspoon of potassium (May cause gut issues).

Has anyone made a concerted effort to get 4700mg or so of Potassium per day?
    If so how did you do it? Did you notice any benefits?

PS If you interested, I posted about taking salt in Pre-workout. As part of my research I found that Potassium and salt levels should be balanced. Thus if I’m taking in more salt I need more potassium - so that’s how I got onto this.

Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anomen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was used to buy electrolites during summer but noticed that they are fine when it comes of magnesium while they are almost non-existent when it comes of potassium, I talking about 40% magnesium rda and 5% potassium rda so decided to buy potassium pills to take pre workout.

I always make sure to have calcium, potassium, magnesium and few sodium before training.