drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00

Do people often switch from bodybuilding to power lifting, or just start with power?

Just curious

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everyone is different. I started out bodybuilding and found I much preferred adding weight and getting stronger, so that's what I did.

A lot of people recently have started out with CrossFit and make their way to PL.

I know a lot of older powerlifters who get into BB because it's much easier on your body and still allows them to train somewhat heavy.
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no reason to "start with power" if your goal is bodybuilding - but you will gain strength and it can be used as a progress gauge (amongst other things). There is a sticky thread that addresses this confusion in Workout Programs

siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) siberianrocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started with bodybuilding because I am old and started before the internet. If you went to the store there would be 10 bodybuilding magazines but Powerlifting USA was only at Borders books.
    I am glad I started this way as I think BB gives you a great base. I squatted 4 plates before I ever deadlifted. I pulled 5 plates the first time I ever maxed out on deadlift.

I think many young lifters are deadlifting at the expense of squats personally. I squatted twice a week heavy for the first 3 years of lifting with zero deadlifts. Super intense leg press twice a week too like the heroes in the body building mags.
    Now I see guys that can barely lift doing rack pulls.