ETG2020 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Creative and caffeine

Hi, I know you shouldn’t take creatine and caffeine together, but how much time should you have between taking them. Would it be okay if I take my creatine at 7 am and then caffeine at 10 am?
    Last edited by ETG2020; 09-05-2020 at 07:13 AM. Reason: .

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That is not the case AFAIK. Take them together if you want. Just don't put creatine in your coffee, that would be gross.

Virus and BS Free Jeff the Repper's Avatar
    Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    take them together, not an issue, just look at the majority of pre-workouts... Take when convenient, don't overthink this
    App Nut Lead Forum Rep

Jeff@appnut.com

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ETG2020 View Post
    Hi, I know you shouldn’t take creatine and caffeine together, but how much time should you have between taking them. Would it be okay if I take my creatine at 7 am and then caffeine at 10 am?
    As stated above you can take it with caffeine, but dont mix the creatine with water in the morning and drink it in the afternoon, it will render useless.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JSom7 View Post
    I tried creatine but started having problems with my blood pressure. Returned to the usual BCAA. A bit slower, but there is also a result. You need to be careful with this supplement, especially if you have a predisposition to hypertension.
    Creatine has actually been linked to decreasing blood pressure. Perhaps you were taking a pre-workout with other ingredients (stimulants). BCAA is not the same thing as creatine (one is an amino acid, the other is an organic acid).

Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by b_andersson View Post
    As stated above you can take it with caffeine, but dont mix the creatine with water in the morning and drink it in the afternoon, it will render useless.
    depending on the PH on the water, can be stable for days, and even more so if refrigerated (weeks) so consuming it within 8-12 hours will have very little impact.
    App Nut Lead Forum Rep

Jeff@appnut.com

I tried creatine but started having problems with my blood pressure. Returned to the usual BCAA. A bit slower, but there is also a result. You need to be careful with this supplement, especially if you have a predisposition to hypertension.
    this is simply just incorrect information, you are comparing apples to useless orange peels
    App Nut Lead Forum Rep

Jeff@appnut.com

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So wrong it hurts. Correlation != causation, and worse, they don't even do similar things.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not trying to compare anything. Hypertension can be caused by kidney problems. Some diseases and dysfunctions of the kidneys in the initial stages are not manifested by any painful sensations, but when a large amount of protein or acids contained in it is consumed, these diseases are manifested by arterial hypertension. If you don't have such a problem, that's great, but we don't know the medical history of other forum members.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with your first post....you said creatine caused hypertension so you replaced creatine with bcaas. They are in no way comparable and if creatine really did mess your blood pressure maybe you should see a doctor about your personal kidney function. Creatine is perfectly safe for anyone with health kidneys and as noted has even been found to lower BP.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why do you think you shouldn't take them together?

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the recommendation, but I know, if not all, then a lot about my health problems. And I have never argued that creatine is bad. I just stressed that if there are some problems, creatine can cause an increase in blood pressure. And you need to take this into account when taking this supplement.
    Except it isn't creatine causing the issue. I have hypertension and take a prescription to manage it. Still take creatine because it isn't the creatine that's the issue. Replacing creatine with 3 amino acids isn't going to make a difference because:
    A) They don't do the same thing
    B) BCAAs are always pointless if you're meeting your macro. More != better, nor beneficial.

There is ZERO evidence of creatine increasing blood pressure or having an effect on blood pressure. You saying so, doesn't make it so. In fact, the current evidence shows that creatine does not appear to significantly (not even statistically) influence blood pressure. Post your evidence or piss off and stop spreading FUD.

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jeff the Repper View Post
    depending on the PH on the water, can be stable for days, and even more so if refrigerated (weeks) so consuming it within 8-12 hours will have very little impact.
    Yeah my bad. The creatine will start to transform into creatinine +8 h.

pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You won't find a study anywhere that agrees with this. And creatine has been studied for several decades. I wake up to coffee. I continue to drink coffee as I'm lifting. And I've been taking creatine for at least a decade in the a.m., usually before I go to the garage. Sometimes within a second of taking a drink of coffee, I drink creatine in my Whey protein.

Originally Posted by pondman View Post
    You won't find a study anywhere that agrees with this. And creatine has been studied for several decades. I wake up to coffee. I continue to drink coffee as I'm lifting. And I've been taking creatine for at least a decade in the a.m., usually before I go to the garage. Sometimes within a second of taking a drink of coffee, I drink creatine in my Whey protein.
    Plenty of pre-workouts also include creatine along with...wait for it...caffeine too.

If your hypertension is not caused by kidney problems, it may not be. Hypertension is different - both as an independent pathology, and as a concomitant disease with other problems. I'm talking about hypertension associated with kidney problems / previous kidney disease.
    OMFG. If you have renal hypertension, you have a kidney issue. Creatine isn't causing that nor the hypertension. It's your pre-existing kidney problem which you already knew about. It's not the creatine, it's your pre-existing kidney issue.

If you have a pre-existing kidney issue, no, you shouldn't be using creatine.

Regardless, the hypertension is hypertension. The cause of it may be different things, but it's still just high blood pressure.

None of your incoherent babbling about pre-existing kidney issues changes that fact that creatine doesn't cause high blood pressure. Nor does it change the fact that creatine and BCAAs don't do the same things. Nor does it change the fact that there is no evidence that creatine causes hypertension. Nor does it change the fact that if you have a pre-existing kidney issue, you were stupid to use creatine. That's on you.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have just repeated exactly everything that I said. There are kidney diseases that do not bother in the initial stages, there are conditions when, after inflammation, the kidneys are sensitive to certain substances. And the effect of these substances provokes a reaction in the form of hypertension. I have been taking BCAA for almost 3 years now and there have been no side reactions. Since we do not know about the health status of other forum members, I think it would be wrong to say that this supplement is absolutely harmless, regardless of the person's health status. Very often a person, in pursuit of a quick result, causes himself great harm.
    I mean by that logic we shouldn't recommend a single product to anyone because for all we know they have some rare allergy or condition.. So I guess pack in everyone, RIP supplement forums. Good run.

You have just repeated exactly everything that I said. There are kidney diseases that do not bother in the initial stages, there are conditions when, after inflammation, the kidneys are sensitive to certain substances.
    We're not saying the same thing.

You're saying that the creatine causes renal hypertension (which there is zero evidence that this occurs btw).

I'm saying that the unhealthy kidneys are the issue and if you have unhealthy kidneys, you shouldn't be using creatine anyway. It's not the creatine, it's the issue.

If there is a pre-existing kidney issue, creatine isn't causing the issue. It's already there and you shouldn't be using creatine anyway. If you have healthy kidneys, creatine will not hurt them. Period. That's it.

And the effect of these substances provokes a reaction in the form of hypertension.
    No the hypertension would be caused by the kidney issue. Again, it's not the creatine. It's the kidney issue.

I have been taking BCAA for almost 3 years now and there have been no side reactions.
    That's because using 3 amino acids doesn't do anything. What side reactions would you expect? They don't do anything positive nor negative in a vacuum or on their own. Further, if you do have kidney issues, protein in general could be problematic. So do you, or don't you have pre-existing kidney issues?

Since we do not know about the health status of other forum members, I think it would be wrong to say that this supplement is absolutely harmless, regardless of the person's health status. Very often a person, in pursuit of a quick result, causes himself great harm.
    If someone has a pre-existing issue, they know about it, and they usually share it. Telling someone that something is harmless is far different than telling them that creatine causes hypertension. The latter isn't true.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jeff the Repper View Post
    Well shoot this led me down a rabbit hole. Reps on spread though. Ty for the start to my day
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Well shoot this led me down a rabbit hole. Reps on spread though. Ty for the start to my day
    I'm sure there is a chart and/or study floating around. If I can find it in my old files i'll post it up

edit : downloadable PDF available just search : Stability of Creatine in aqueous solution
    Last edited by Jeff the Repper; 09-15-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    App Nut Lead Forum Rep

Jeff@appnut.com

I have said that it can cause renal hypertension in people who have had kidney disease or have chronic kidney disease. Specifically because of the disruption of the work of this body, and not just from scratch.
    Yeah, that's not what you said, at all. Might want to check your first post of complete and utter BS.

See, you said nothing about kidney disease or issues and then claimed that BCAAs create a "result." Might be time to let this one go.

But then I spoke several times about kidney diseases, but for some reason this was not taken into account.
    Jesus Christ. No on is disagreeing that people with kidney issues shouldn't take creatine. You got called out on nonsense in your first post then proceeded to poorly articulate what you were trying to say before finally getting to your point that YOU have kidney problems and shouldn't have taken creatine. If someone had kidney issues they usually disclose it in their post, if not we're not going to probe everyone who posts here for their medical history. Anyone taking any supplement should have common sense to read the label and if they experience side effects to discontinue use...its on every single supplement label ever,.

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Jesus Christ. No on is disagreeing that people with kidney issues shouldn't take creatine. You got called out on nonsense in your first post then proceeded to poorly articulate what you were trying to say before finally getting to your point that YOU have kidney problems and shouldn't have taken creatine. If someone had kidney issues they usually disclose it in their post, if not we're not going to probe everyone who posts here for their medical history. Anyone taking any supplement should have common sense to read the label and if they experience side effects to discontinue use...its on every single supplement label ever,.
    This. Why delete your posts when they are all quoted for posterity anyway???