Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Trump reduced the corporate rate from 35% to 21%. He reduced regulations on financial institutions (dems hate that, lol). In addition to lowering taxes across the board. This influenced the record-low unemployment rate. Outstanding GDP growth up until C-19.

That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that.
    Some of the reasons I lean right on may issues is because of their normally fiscal and business friendly policies. Nothing fiscally responsible in this admin, at all. Sure the tax cut was good for some (not me thanks to the SALT punishment) but lets keep kicking that can down the road?

You don't get to take credit for only 3/4 of the job. Where are we right now? In anything in life it's not how you start but how you finish. If you're content thats cool. I'm not but thats why we all have our 2 votes

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    I think she looks like a straight up nasty skank, that belly tattoo does nothing for me.

Regarding Trumps personality, he's a straight up douche bag but we knew that when we voted for him. I agree with his policies unlike Biden who only has policies he is directly stealing from Trump.

Regarding anyone using religion, they can all piss off as I am not believer in voodoo. Those who believe that's great keep on doing you as I will not get into a debate over it.

Regarding Abortion, I think it's absolutely disgusting and barbaric and has nothing to do with religion in my case. Just the thought of dismembering tiny babies is so revolting.
    Love chicks w/tats.

I respect everyone's opinion but I simply don't care enough to debate each issue. I'll just vote. I still think Trump wins because the left is just bad at this shti.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Trump reduced the corporate rate from 35% to 21%. He reduced regulations on financial institutions (dems hate that, lol). In addition to lowering taxes across the board. This influenced the record-low unemployment rate. Outstanding GDP growth up until C-19.

That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that.
    Since you bumped this post as an "accomplishment" I agree it's worth a second look.

Below is a graph of the United States GDP, both total and per Capita, over the years from 2009 to 2019. If Trump's "policy" (if that's what it was) provided such a tangible stimulus to the economy, you should be able to point to it and identify it on the graph.

Looks to me like Trump must have begun this policy in 2009, which is quite an accomplishment!

Or maybe the next graph, the percentage growth rate of the GDP will show more clearly where Trump's economic stimulus package kicked in...

You can find the raw data here:

This is essentially all the economic timeline in the pre-covid era. My eyes don't see anything outside of the general noise during that period once we began the recovery from the great recession. So I'm left with the impression that this tax decrease didn't really have any economic impact, regardless of how proud of it you seem to be.

So again, could you point out the spot on the graph where the decrease in corporate tax rates provided this "undebatable" stimulus to the economy?

What it more likely did was simply line the pockets of the already wealthy, attempt to fool the rank and file workers with false promises that this money would somehow, miraculously, "trickle down" to them (as we all know, fat cats have leaky pockets), and reduce the income of the federal government without producing a corresponding decrease in expenditures -- precisely what responsible Republicans used to call "exploding the deficit".

I suppose exploding the deficit is ok if it's meant to make the rich richer -- we sure don't want the poor to get any of it! And you're in luck. They haven't.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Some of the reasons I lean right on may issues is because of their normally fiscal and business friendly policies. Nothing fiscally responsible in this admin, at all. Sure the tax cut was good for some (not me thanks to the SALT punishment) but lets keep kicking that can down the road?

You don't get to take credit for only 3/4 of the job. Where are we right now? In anything in life it's not how you start but how you finish. If you're content thats cool. I'm not but thats why we all have our 2 votes
    I never heard or said that Trump was finished. All I am pointing out is that I would rather have the current mathematical-economics, I would rather have the current rather than the previous admin's tax policies.

The tax code in New York is New York's decision. Same with California. So, no administration can't fix New York or California.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Of course Elrond, you assume a lot, including no one but you are aware of the pandemic which would have crushed any GDP efforts. So, please post more deflecting graphs.

Yes, I made money with Clinton, Bush and Obama. But, I would have made more money during those periods if if the current tax code were implemented with Clinton and didn't change. Then, that would have allowed me and tens of thousands of other businesses to earn more revenue to hire employees.

I tell you one thing. If Biden had the tax code that we have now and if he would go hard on China, I would consider voting for him. Consider.

**I have tried to not type out "Trump" since that is an obvious trigger.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here’s one for bustaeclair......

Trump talking about groping women.

Slick Willy, groping was kids play to Clinton, Slick Willy is king of kings in the rape batter of women dept.

And your boy Arnie was no angel........

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Of course Elrond, you assume a lot, including no one but you are aware of the pandemic which would have crushed any GDP efforts. So, please post more deflecting graphs.

Yes, I made money with Clinton, Bush and Obama. But, I would have made more money during those periods if if the current tax code were implemented with Clinton and didn't change. Then, that would have allowed me and tens of thousands of other businesses to earn more revenue to hire employees.

I tell you one thing. If Biden had the tax code that we have now and if he would go hard on China, I would consider voting for him. Consider.

**I have tried to not type out "Trump" since that is an obvious trigger.
    Well, you're right, Mark. I did make an assumption. I assumed that when you said "That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that." that you had data that was so clear and so compelling, so obvious, that it was simply undebatable. I did not assume you merely meant you were making a claim that you didn't want to have to defend. So, I looked for that data.

I have a great respect for science, as I assume you do as well. Unlike Trump and apparently some of his supporters, I don't have a "natural instinct" for it. Therefore, I have to work hard at understanding it. What I do understand is that science makes claims that are tangible, definable, and testable. To do that, you need data.

When you said that the lowered corporate tax rate undebatably stimulated the economy, did you intend that claim to be tangible? Did you intend it to be definable? Did you intend it to be testable?

Or was it simply an unscientific remark that you made so you could "feel" right? (There go those "feelings" again!)

It's very possible that you do have data that I'm unaware of. I hope that you can show it. But if you actually looked at the charts I posted, I specifically showed data prior to the pandemic, so your dismissal that COVID messed everything up doesn't count.

You can argue that the changes would have taken more time than we can show, and that it's still too early to judge. I might even have agreed with you on that. But that's not what you said. You said that the tax change stimulated the economy. Past tense. If it did, then there should be clear economic data to show that. I looked at the data. I don't see it. Gross Domestic Product is about as fundamental a metric on the American economy as you can get, which is why I chose it. There must be some metric you're aware of that makes the positive stimulus effect "undebatable", is there not? If not GDP, then what?

Speaking of assumptions, there's also that one I see from you about how things might have been if only the current tax laws had been in place since the 1990's. Why start then? Why not 1980? Why not 1960?

We all have our might-have-beens. Sometimes I wonder how my life might have been if Becky Lambert had been willing to be my girlfriend back in the 9th grade. But then, sometimes I thank God for Unanswered Prayers.

But ok, let's pivot to China. Will Biden be "easy" on China compared to Trump? Remember the Trans Pacific Partnership? It was a mutual trade agreement between the majority of the major nations along the Pacific rim, designed to prevent China from imposing "divide and conquer" strategies on its trading partners. It would have made it much easier for the United States, as well as other nations, to negotiate with China from a position of strength. Biden, of course, supported it. Trump did not, claiming that his deal-making skills were so superior to those of anyone else's that that he could by himself negotiate much more advantageous deals with China one on one.

What did it get him? Well, the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake at Mira Lago, apparently. Not much else. The other nations that Trump abandoned put together their own pact without us, one that left U.S. farmers at a trade disadvantage, and one that Trump has since expressed an interest in joining. He could have saved himself -- and Americans in general -- a lot of trouble by not pulling out originally.

I don't really know what Biden's China policy would be, but I don't expect it to be a radical departure from what the mainstream experts recommend. He does, after all, believe in consulting informed advisors before making rash decisions.

Whatever his policy, I don't expect it to be as incoherent, inconsistent, and buffoonish as has been that of the current administration.
    -Voltaire

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Here’s one for bustaeclair......

Trump talking about groping women.

Slick Willy, groping was kids play to Clinton, Slick Willy is king of kings in the rape batter of women dept.

And your boy Arnie was no angel........
    Once again Trump never said he actually grabbed any women just stated the fact that if you are rich and famous you can get away it & he's not wrong. If you or I or Doug or anyone else here tried it we would at best get slapped & at worst thrown in jail. But if you are rich and famous the rules don't apply and everyone knows that. It's not right but it's just the way it is.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Once again Trump never said he actually grabbed any women just stated the fact that if you are rich and famous you can get away it & he's not wrong. If you or I or Doug or anyone else here tried it we would at best get slapped & at worst thrown in jail. But if you are rich and famous the rules don't apply and everyone knows that. It's not right but it's just the way it is.
    I know, and that was my point busta, actually though Trump did admit it was locker room talk, nothing wrong with talking, that’s why I like his ralleys.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I haven't heard any of Bidens policies as of yet, just heard what he stands for, that is why I would like to hear the man speak straight up.

As for Trumps policies I agree on 80% of them, as for his personality I would definitely have a beer with the man and know I would enjoy the conversations for real.

With much respect, I will call you out as a low information voter

Trumps policies like his repeal and replace of Obamacare? As a candidate he promised a big beautiful plan which would provide less expensive healthcare for all .... it's been coming in a few weeks for 3.5 years. There is no plan .... it's crapola, but he's in court trying to drop pre-existing conditions, leaving millions without healthcare

He's lying, that's his policy on healthcare

Trump changed the EPA target of 54 mpg by 2025 to 34 mpg by 2021 which is so easily done. This could have shut down research but the auto companies told Trump to bugger off

Trump rolled back and narrowed the definition of "federally protected land" which will result in increased industrial pollution

In July of 2018, the Trump administration announced its intention to change the way the Endangered Species Act is administered, saying more weight would be put on economic considerations when designating an endangered animal's habitat

This one shows you exactly how Trump lies to your face .... in Trump rallies he goes on about wing turbines creating bird graveyards and he's against wind turbines ..... but .... "Companies installing large wind turbines, constructing power lines, or leaving oil exposed are no longer violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act if their activities kill birds. This controversial change was declared by the Trump administration in December of 2017". Reconcile that one !!!!!

Unlike national parks, which have to be approved by Congress, national monuments can be created by an executive order, which the president said means they can be dismantled just as easily. Such was the case for Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante in Utah, which President Trump reduced and opened for mining and drilling companies in 2017. Tribes and environmental groups are challenging that interpretation in court .... mebbe because you live in NY you don't care about federal land

The Trump administration's decision to delist climate change from national security threats in December of 2017 meant less Department of Defense research funding and a nationalistic viewpoint on the potential impacts of wildfires, droughts, hurricanes, and other natural disasters

The size and influence of the EPA has shrunk under the Trump administration, and it's illustrated by their diminished prosecuting power. Criminal prosecutions are at a 30-year low, and many violations that would have been prosecuted in the past are now being negotiated with companies. The administration says this is streamlining its work, but environmentalists have warned it could lead to more pollution

I don't give a crap if he boinks a porn star but his policies are all about relaxing controls on industry, while endangering people, wildlife, environment.

Foreign policies? Word leaders are just holding their nose until he's out of office in November, but if he's reelected, many will phuck him over any way they can. Watch how fast investment in Africa's resources outpace America

Leaders will whisper they love you while they bone you up the arse

Trump says "Don't pull down your underwear, just hook it to the side"
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Well, you're right, Mark. I did make an assumption. I assumed that when you said "That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that." that you had data that was so clear and so compelling, so obvious, that it was simply undebatable. I did not assume you merely meant you were making a claim that you didn't want to have to defend. So, I looked for that data.

I have a great respect for science, as I assume you do as well. Unlike Trump and apparently some of his supporters, I don't have a "natural instinct" for it. Therefore, I have to work hard at understanding it. What I do understand is that science makes claims that are tangible, definable, and testable. To do that, you need data.

When you said that the lowered corporate tax rate undebatably stimulated the economy, did you intend that claim to be tangible? Did you intend it to be definable? Did you intend it to be testable?

Or was it simply an unscientific remark that you made so you could "feel" right? (There go those "feelings" again!)

It's very possible that you do have data that I'm unaware of. I hope that you can show it. But if you actually looked at the charts I posted, I specifically showed data prior to the pandemic, so your dismissal that COVID messed everything up doesn't count.

You can argue that the changes would have taken more time than we can show, and that it's still too early to judge. I might even have agreed with you on that. But that's not what you said. You said that the tax change stimulated the economy. Past tense. If it did, then there should be clear economic data to show that. I looked at the data. I don't see it. Gross Domestic Product is about as fundamental a metric on the American economy as you can get, which is why I chose it. There must be some metric you're aware of that makes the positive stimulus effect "undebatable", is there not? If not GDP, then what?

Speaking of assumptions, there's also that one I see from you about how things might have been if only the current tax laws had been in place since the 1990's. Why start then? Why not 1980? Why not 1960?

We all have our might-have-beens. Sometimes I wonder how my life might have been if Becky Lambert had been willing to be my girlfriend back in the 9th grade. But then, sometimes I thank God for Unanswered Prayers.

But ok, let's pivot to China. Will Biden be "easy" on China compared to Trump? Remember the Trans Pacific Partnership? It was a mutual trade agreement between the majority of the major nations along the Pacific rim, designed to prevent China from imposing "divide and conquer" strategies on its trading partners. It would have made it much easier for the United States, as well as other nations, to negotiate with China from a position of strength. Biden, of course, supported it. Trump did not, claiming that his deal-making skills were so superior to those of anyone else's that that he could by himself negotiate much more advantageous deals with China one on one.

What did it get him? Well, the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake at Mira Lago, apparently. Not much else. The other nations that Trump abandoned put together their own pact without us, one that left U.S. farmers at a trade disadvantage, and one that Trump has since expressed an interest in joining. He could have saved himself -- and Americans in general -- a lot of trouble by not pulling out originally.

I don't really know what Biden's China policy would be, but I don't expect it to be a radical departure from what the mainstream experts recommend. He does, after all, believe in consulting informed advisors before making rash decisions.

Whatever his policy, I don't expect it to be as incoherent, inconsistent, and buffoonish as has been that of the current administration.
    I can only refer to my own personal and business data. That is where I get my information from and it is solid.

If Donald Junior had made the personal deals in China that Hunter Biden made, the MSM and the House would have gone ape-shiit with non-ending investigations. The Russia hoax allegations and investigations took all of 4 years, based on bogus setup by our own government officials. The MSM was in on it. If we don't have faith in our government, who do we have faith in? Just ourselves? It means that anyone, no matter their political beliefs, are not safe. Cities are being burned to the ground with crime and violence uncontrolled. Why are those mayors allowing it to go on? Are they just waiting to try and get Trump out of office? That would not change anything.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If Donald Junior had made the personal deals in China that Hunter Biden made, the MSM and the House would have gone ape-shiit with non-ending investigations.
    reminder

Ivanka Trump secured 16 patents in China while there on govt business ..... and the most interesting patent was for voting machines (I won't mention the Trump disdain for mail in voting)

this is not newsworthy by
    MSM
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    reminder

Ivanka Trump secured 16 patents in China while there on govt business ..... and the most interesting patent was for voting machines (I won't mention the Trump disdain for mail in voting)

this is not newsworthy by
    MSM
    Ivanka's patents were not used to fund or do favors for the Chinese communist party. The funds Hunter Biden raised, did. There is nothing dubious about patents.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-fact...ings-in-china/

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never heard or said that Trump was finished. All I am pointing out is that I would rather have the current mathematical-economics, I would rather have the current rather than the previous admin's tax policies.

The tax code in New York is New York's decision. Same with California. So, no administration can't fix New York or California.
    You're right. The answer really should be we drop our state taxes and beg for federal money like many of the welfare red states. The SALT provision was to punish blue states. Lets call it what it is.

Ivanka's patents were not used to fund or do favors for the Chinese communist party. The funds Hunter Biden raised, did. There is nothing dubious about patents.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-fact...ings-in-china/
    You really believe that, Mark? I just don't get the verbal gymnastics people do to excuse one side. Call them all out. The Trumps are cozy w/China on a business level no matter what charade they play. Hunter Biden profited off his dads title while Ivanka and Co. profited off their own positions, which we pay for.

FTR on both issues I really don't GAF but pretending one is "bad" while the other is OK is disingenuous, IMO.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 09-13-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Looks to me like Trump must have begun this policy in 2009, which is quite an accomplishment!

I suppose exploding the deficit is ok if it's meant to make the rich richer -- we sure don't want the poor to get any of it! And you're in luck. They haven't.
    Bingo. Its laughable that so many want to attribute this economy to only Trump when it really was already in motion. Trump deserves credit for not fuking it up until his awful response to the pandemic. Had he had an ounce of leadership ability we'd have seen a fraction of this economic/social damage. And before any MAGA jump down my throat I also blame Cuomo for his handling of the nursing home cases/deaths. Mismanaged horribly and many lives were lost because of it. If you remove that he's done a good job considering NY was hit hard at the start but he has to own the entire response and that can't be forgotten. (Although I find him heavy handed w/some things).

The deficit used to be the backbone of the GOP's economic position. Now they ignore it to pass tax cuts for the wealthy while point to it as why they can't fund programs for the not wealthy. I suspect when Trump is gone in months or years the deficit will become real important to the GOP again.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 09-13-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    funny..

you go to an anti trump website..

plagiarized he sh*t out of it ...https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...d-environment/

throw a passive aggressive insult at John about being a "low information voter ?

and this make you a "high information voter" ?

give me a break
    debunk any of it
    (Marshall McLuhan)

You're right. The answer really should be we drop our state taxes and beg for federal money like many of the welfare red states. The SALT provision was to punish blue states. Lets call it what it is.
    My State, one of the lowest taxed States doesn't beg or ask for federal money and is one of the wealthiest States. Our governor and most mayors don't run our State like Cuomo and De Blasio, either. People are leaving NY for a reason and the main reason is because of the policies. The property taxes in New York are extremely high, as you know. Because of Trump? Where do all those tax dollars go in New York? Why is crime and violence the highest it's ever been? Trump?

I am not picking on New York. I am picking on its leadership.

You really believe that, Mark? I just don't get the verbal gymnastics people do to excuse one side. Call them all out. The Trumps are cozy w/China on a business level no matter what charade they play. Hunter Biden profited off his dads title while Ivanka and Co. profited off their own positions, which we pay for.

FTR on both issues I really don't GAF but pretending one is "bad" while the other is OK is disingenuous, IMO.
    Trump has been harder on China than any previous president, yet still getting trade through. Not defending - true. Trump calls the virus the China Virus which infuriates China. The US is slowly changing its supply chain to depend less and less on China. I don't see the cozy. China is our enemy. We as a nation, should de-couple. Xi lied to Trump and America.

I didn't intend to infer that one side is bad and one side is good. But, comparing patents to Hunter Biden is weak.

As far as the deficit, the Trillion dollar payments to Americans were passed by the House which is majority dems and Senate majority GOP.

I can only refer to my own personal and business data. That is where I get my information from and it is solid.

If Donald Junior had made the personal deals in China that Hunter Biden made, the MSM and the House would have gone ape-shiit with non-ending investigations. The Russia hoax allegations and investigations took all of 4 years, based on bogus setup by our own government officials. The MSM was in on it. If we don't have faith in our government, who do we have faith in? Just ourselves? It means that anyone, no matter their political beliefs, are not safe. Cities are being burned to the ground with crime and violence uncontrolled. Why are those mayors allowing it to go on? Are they just waiting to try and get Trump out of office? That would not change anything.
    A few points here:

1. Your own personal and business data apply to you and you alone. They aren't general truths. To argue that they apply to the whole nation, while ignoring the data that actually DOES apply to the whole nation, is a bit ludicrous. And to say "That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that." is, under your basis, a completely misleading statement, because your own personal and business data is not "the economy". If you think it is, you're more of a megalomaniac than I am. And you could use a little humility. Under no stretch of the imagination does your position rise above the criteria for debate. It doesn't even rise to the level of fact.

2. Your argument seems to be that the rest of the world can go to hell in a handbasket, as long as you and your business is profiting. The classic "F*k you I got mine" approach. The same approach that allowed Southern aristocrats to go to war over slavery. Keeping other humans in slavery is fine as long as you can dehumanize them and make a profit, right? It's good for MY business, if not theirs. Committing genocide against native Americans is fine if I make a profit off of it, right? They're in the way of progress, and there's gold on their land. Murdering Jews is ok as long as my business profits off of it, right? After all, they're Jewish, so they deserve it. Yes, it's Godwin, but it's exactly where your approach leads, because you've set no limits on it other than your own personal financial profit. There are a lot of people who are not benefiting from this administration, and they count too.

3. Considering your belief that your own personal and business profit is all that really matters, why should you care what Hunter Biden does for HIS personal and business profit? It doesn't bother you about Trumps history of cheating and fraud, so why are you upset when Hunter Biden conducts perfectly legal business? Because it helps the Chinese Communist Party? Dude, YOU help the Chinese Communist Party every time you make a purchase based on price alone!

4. Just because Mitch McConnell and the GOP Senate was complicit in Trump's Russian scam does not mean it was a hoax. Mueller did not call it a hoax. He found very clear evidence of illegal acts committed by Trump's team. The fact that the Senate decided not to call witnesses doesn't mean there were no witnesses to be called. You know as well as I do that they made a very public and proud decision to ignore the evidence. They weren't subtle about it. It takes a very special gullibility to translate that into "no evidence."

5. Cities being burned to the ground? It won't change under Biden? Why not? It seems to be a uniquely Trumpian feature of modern times. It wasn't happening under Obama.

6. If we don't have faith in our government, it's because our government has squandered that faith. When we put criminals and grifters in the seats of power, only a fool would have faith in them. But, useful idiots is exactly what Trump is counting on.
    -Voltaire

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    With much respect, I will call you out as a low information voter
    You lost me here, why you had to say "with much respect" ?
    On the list for Bannukah

A few points here:

1. Your own personal and business data apply to you and you alone. They aren't general truths. To argue that they apply to the whole nation, while ignoring the data that actually DOES apply to the whole nation, is a bit ludicrous. And to say "That stimulated the economy. There is no debating that." is, under your basis, a completely misleading statement, because your own personal and business data is not "the economy". If you think it is, you're more of a megalomaniac than I am. And you could use a little humility. Under no stretch of the imagination does your position rise above the criteria for debate. It doesn't even rise to the level of fact.

2. Your argument seems to be that the rest of the world can go to hell in a handbasket, as long as you and your business is profiting. The classic "F*k you I got mine" approach. The same approach that allowed Southern aristocrats to go to war over slavery. Keeping other humans in slavery is fine as long as you can dehumanize them and make a profit, right? It's good for MY business, if not theirs. Committing genocide against native Americans is fine if I make a profit off of it, right? They're in the way of progress, and there's gold on their land. Murdering Jews is ok as long as my business profits off of it, right? After all, they're Jewish, so they deserve it. Yes, it's Godwin, but it's exactly where your approach leads, because you've set no limits on it other than your own personal financial profit. There are a lot of people who are not benefiting from this administration, and they count too.

3. Considering your belief that your own personal and business profit is all that really matters, why should you care what Hunter Biden does for HIS personal and business profit? It doesn't bother you about Trumps history of cheating and fraud, so why are you upset when Hunter Biden conducts perfectly legal business? Because it helps the Chinese Communist Party? Dude, YOU help the Chinese Communist Party every time you make a purchase based on price alone!

4. Just because Mitch McConnell and the GOP Senate was complicit in Trump's Russian scam does not mean it was a hoax. Mueller did not call it a hoax. He found very clear evidence of illegal acts committed by Trump's team. The fact that the Senate decided not to call witnesses doesn't mean there were no witnesses to be called. You know as well as I do that they made a very public and proud decision to ignore the evidence. They weren't subtle about it. It takes a very special gullibility to translate that into "no evidence."

5. Cities being burned to the ground? It won't change under Biden? Why not? It seems to be a uniquely Trumpian feature of modern times. It wasn't happening under Obama.

6. If we don't have faith in our government, it's because our government has squandered that faith. When we put criminals and grifters in the seats of power, only a fool would have faith in them. But, useful idiots is exactly what Trump is counting on.
    You spend an inordinate amount of time assuming, as mentioned previously. I am not going to attempt to say about 1 dozen, "No, I don'ts," or, "That's not correct," as a reaction to your self-righteous state of mind. So, I guess this cuts off our conversation here.

I'm not as obsessively as angry as you are. Thankfully.
    Last edited by Mark1T; 09-13-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Originally Posted by t95x3 View Post
    That’s your opinion. In my opinion Cuomo and De Blasio are doing fine. New York City is a very large and dense area which means dealing with the virus is especially challenging.

Calling it the China virus is racist and hateful. China does not have to be our enemy, but Trump is doing everything he can to make China an enemy which is a really horrible idea and will hurt both economies. Trump is undoing the good work done by past presidents including Nixon and Clinton. Xi isn’t the greatest but Trump is even worse.

The world should give Greenland or some other island to Trump for free and let Trump become king. Then his diehard supporters such as you could move there. You all could build Trump a giant palace and golf course and worship him. Banks could operate with no rules and you all can bow to your leader. Trump could give his family and friends all the important positions. Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Laura Loomer, Marjorie Taylor Green, Joe Arpaio, and others would have some of these positions. It would be a win for everybody. You could worship Trump and the rest of us wouldn’t have to deal with his hate anymore.
    Much as I despise Trump, you and your previous sock puppets were banned for a reason. A good reason. Please go away.
    -Voltaire

Bingo. Its laughable that so many want to attribute this economy to only Trump when it really was already in motion. Trump deserves credit for not fuking it up until his awful response to the pandemic. Had he had an ounce of leadership ability we'd have seen a fraction of this economic/social damage. And before any MAGA jump down my throat I also blame Cuomo for his handling of the nursing home cases/deaths. Mismanaged horribly and many lives were lost because of it. If you remove that he's done a good job considering NY was hit hard at the start but he has to own the entire response and that can't be forgotten. (Although I find him heavy handed w/some things).

The deficit used to be the backbone of the GOP's economic position. Now they ignore it to pass tax cuts for the wealthy while point to it as why they can't fund programs for the not wealthy. I suspect when Trump is gone in months or years the deficit will become real important to the GOP again.
    Jt if you remember Trump actually responded to the so-called Pandemic, via a travel ban, and all the folks you are defending told everyone it was a racist move and to go out, nothing to worry about.

What is so laughable about your anti Trump stuff is that everyone knows Trump is no angel, I don’t look to him or any President to save us, it’s actually our job to do that. They ALL take advantage of the system and you would too. Fuk MAGA BS but you are funny, the other side did way more damage than just a nursing home insident and that’s pretty fuking bad cause the pandemic is nothing new, the media created it.

If you don’t believe fine, but plenty of drug overdoses are called COVID deaths to fuel the BS!!!!

You are doing the dance too, lol.

Much as I despise Trump, you and your previous sock puppets were banned for a reason. A good reason. Please go away.
    He’s back, boy,Trumps policies has your life in such turmoil you needed a break huh?

In all serisiouness looking forward to seeing some dead lift progress in your journal.

He’s back, boy,Trumps policies has your life in such turmoil you needed a break huh?

In all serisiouness looking forward to seeing some dead lift progress in your journal.
    Thanks, so am I. The program I'm on now feels like it's hindering it in the short term, but maybe it will work out better in the long run.
    -Voltaire

Jt if you remember Trump actually responded to the so-called Pandemic, via a travel ban, and all the folks you are defending told everyone it was a racist move and to go out, nothing to worry about.

What is so laughable about your anti Trump stuff is that everyone knows Trump is no angel, I don’t look to him or any President to save us, it’s actually our job to do that. They ALL take advantage of the system and you would too. Fuk MAGA BS but you are funny, the other side did way more damage than just a nursing home insident and that’s pretty fuking bad cause the pandemic is nothing new, the media created it.

If you don’t believe fine, but plenty of drug overdoses are called COVID deaths to fuel the BS!!!!

You are doing the dance too, lol.
    Im not defending anyone. I hate them all

Trumps initial ban was good, except for the 80K from China that still came in. Oh, and the EU ban except for Britain. Biden/Pelosi called it wrong. The difference is that they admit that. Trump downplayed (by his own words) the entire thing until he no longer could. Even now he holds super spreader rallies. Oh and fuk Cuomo too. NYS is a nanny state. I give credit where its due. He really misplayed the nursing home stuff but did a good job with the rest. We were hit far worse than any other state before it was known how to treat/mitigate this thing. For that he deserves some credit but he has to own the nursing home deaths too.

The rest I'm not even going to try and argue because its verbal diarrhea.
    ☻/
    /▌

Im not defending anyone. I hate them all

Trumps initial ban was good, except for the 80K from China that still came in. Oh, and the EU ban except for Britain. Biden/Pelosi called it wrong. The difference is that they admit that. Trump downplayed (by his own words) the entire thing until he no longer could. Even now he holds super spreader rallies. Oh and fuk Cuomo too. NYS is a nanny state. I give credit where its due. He really misplayed the nursing home stuff but did a good job with the rest. We were hit far worse than any other state before it was known how to treat/mitigate this thing. For that he deserves some credit but he has to own the nursing home deaths too.

The rest I'm not even going to try and argue because its verbal diarrhea.

Superspreaders is your verbal diarrhea, but it don’t matter because if I or anyone else wants to go to a rally or a restaurant that does not require a mask, that’s our choice, that’s what America is supposed to be.

See, you say the left owned up, no, they went with my initial statement, but then they panicked and decided to just go with a panic that way they can point the finger at Trump. Nancy P still ain’t scared, she knew and she knows now the BS of it.

JT, I just saw a Trump rally, everyone was wearing masks. So what you mean by superspreaders????? so it’s ok to protest but not have a Trump ralley?

I see lots of protesters with their masks down.

Truthfully I’m disappointed in seeing maskers at a Trump ralley, id like to see the whole country grow some balls and standup to the dems and say we are not wearing masks anymore. They’d probially call in the national guard on that one, god damn little commies.

JT, I just saw a Trump rally, everyone was wearing masks. So what you mean by superspreaders????? so it’s ok to protest but not have a Trump ralley?

I see lots of protesters with their masks down.

Truthfully I’m disappointed in seeing maskers at a Trump ralley, id like to see the whole country grow some balls and standup to the dems and say we are not wearing masks anymore. They’d probially call in the national guard on that one, god damn little commies.
    To be honest, I'm disappointed at people who don't wear masks at the protests. Funny, though, I see a lot more masks at protests than I do at Trump rallys.

And while we're at it, if we're going to grow some balls as a country, why not host a million man march so we can all stand around and cough on each other. Every death will be a mission accomplished, right?
    -Voltaire

And while we're at it, if we're going to grow some balls as a country, why not host a million man march so we can all stand around and cough on each other. Every death will be a mission accomplished, right?

Are you saying you want Louie to kill a million black folks?

BTW how come I'm still alive? I've been going to a gym without a mask for months, in fact all the same peeps are still there, still alive, the fuking boogie man never came to visit, none of us believe in masks.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you saying you want Louie to kill a million black folks?

BTW how come I'm still alive? I've been going to a gym without a mask for months, in fact all the same peeps are still there, still alive, the fuking boogie man never came to visit, none of us believe in masks.
    Damn take me to your gym!!
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Damn take me to your gym!!

Whats even more interesting is the gym is is a strongman gym, there are no machines. So everyone shares the same sweaty log, it's big thick steel log that hits the chin, some dudes have beards so you know someone slobbered on that thing, there is no AC in the place, LOL.

Of course it's written you must wear a mask when walking in and out, but no one does.