JamesGetsFitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down I’m ready to give up

I feel hopeless man, everything I try doesn’t work. I know stuff like training takes time but regardless I always feel like I’m doing something wrong. I’ve been working out for like 3 years now and I look like ****. All these different programs I’ve tried haven’t lead me to any real gains. I realized at first that I was just going through the motions, wasn’t putting any real thought into what I was doing so I tried to change it up and now since all the gyms have been closed I feel so fat and weak. Someone please just tell me what’s wrong with me and what I need to work on. I don’t know how to post the pictures but I can send them to u through a different app of ur choice *correction I have a picture on my account that shows how fat and ugly
    Last edited by JamesGetsFitt; 09-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JamesGetsFitt View Post
    I realized at first that I was just going through the motions, wasn’t putting any real thought into what I was doing so I tried to change it up and now since all the gyms have been closed I feel so fat and weak.
    You are significantly overweight.

By your own text, you appear to be not seriously lifting. What do you expect to happen?

JamesGetsFitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You are significantly overweight.

By your own text, you appear to be not seriously lifting. What do you expect to happen?
    I am 170lb, 18 years old roughly 5’10.
    I looked fairly similar to the picture on my profile even when I was 20lbs less and working out on a schedule.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I am 170lb, 18 years old roughly 5’10.
    I looked fairly similar to the picture on my profile even when I was 20lbs less and working out on a schedule.
    So you ahven't worked out seriously (by your own admission) since you were 15... yeah, you should be JACKED dude.

ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10) ExpSaysItAll is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't give up dude, you still look better than average guys who never workout i can confirm.

BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBryan098 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Inbox me. I can help you out. Sometimes we just need someone to help up us keep on track and accountable

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude, find a program written by someone experienced (in the stickies of the workout program forum). Run it to the letter, train with intensity every time. Eat at maintenance, get enough protein be committed

It's not complicated but that doesn't make it easy, you've actually got to bother putting the work in to make a change rather than just complaining that nothing works when you haven't given it any actual effort for any sustained amount of time

This is tough love, not hate. Get up, go out, lift hard, be consistent

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

MY STORY; Create yours!

I feel hopeless man, everything I try doesn’t work. I know stuff like training takes time but regardless I always feel like I’m doing something wrong. I’ve been working out for like 3 years now and I look like ****. All these different programs I’ve tried haven’t lead me to any real gains. I realized at first that I was just going through the motions, wasn’t putting any real thought into what I was doing so I tried to change it up and now since all the gyms have been closed I feel so fat and weak. Someone please just tell me what’s wrong with me and what I need to work on. I don’t know how to post the pictures but I can send them to u through a different app of ur choice *correction I have a picture on my account that shows how fat and ugly
    Dont give up anyone can make it! Took my 4 years to be ok with my strength. I have had ups down peaks valleys just like everyone. We all can make it: To give you all realistic expectations of someone with average genetics id consider myself. Training 4-5x a week on average in my peak: 2010 Age 14: Max bench 95 lbsx1 didn't really train legs much hit 95x5 reps first time doing them by the end of the first year training 155x1 max bench 135x1 max squat bodyweight went from 135 to 170 pounds with some fat gains of course. By age 16:lifting pretty srs just on whey protein for supps I met jay cutler this year at a convention so I'm getting into considering competing in bodybuilding which I still never have and I hit decent number 185 max goes up this year and I start being able to rep 185 for 3 and eventually hit 185x5 reps hit a 315 deadlifts by age 17 I'm hitting slid numbers when I grad high school I hit 245 on bench touch and go and hit some numbers to impress some people I hit the 3 plate squat and 365 pounds max on deadlift at a bodyweight of 185. The next year I Got really serious into lifting and eventually do a powerlifting meet in august of 2016 and my lifts were 501 deadlift, 245 bench and 350-375 squat I think cuz I had beginner squat nerves. YOU CAN DO IT! Hope my story inspires someone. Its been a decade of lifting. 2020 def been a down year for myself by choice though. Been focusing on other avenues other than competing so I no longer can deadlift 540, bench 275 or squat 4 plates but Im ok with it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Give and up and do what exactly? Play more video games? You will certainly look worse if you stop lifting.
    To me, you start lifting right after puberty and you quit when you are an old man that can no longer walk. To not lift is just crazy.

Not to mention, you probably look way better than what you see in the mirror. That image in the mirror as a young man plays so many tricks on you. When I was 19 I was the most ripped I ever was but I was completely obsessed with this meaningless amount of fat around my belly button. I would always put myself down in my head, "if I could just get rid of this fat...". completely out of proportion to reality.

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dude what you eat is like 90% of how you look

if i were you i wouldnt even bother "working out" until you can consistently eat well

start there

working out is just like a little part of it. diet is WAY more important to how you look, feel, etc.

majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000) majinvegetabrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    it is probably diet dude. you can train pretty much however u want and you will get gains, but you will not look good unless you are eating clean. if you want to look great eat a clean diet, do strength training, and some cardio a few times a week.

yana999 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its most likely your diet. You need to eat towards your goals. Are you trying to lose body fat or gain muscle?? if you're trying to lose body fat, eat in a calorie deficit & continue lifting while focusing on maintaining your strength/gains. if your trying to build muscle, eat in a calorie surplus and continue lifting while applying progressive overload. Using a food scale will help a ton when it comes to keeping track of your calories & macros as it will ensure accuracy

Originally Posted by yana999 View Post
    if your trying to build muscle, eat in a calorie surplus and continue lifting while applying progressive overload.
    OP is easily over 20% bodyfat, from his profile picture. He does not need to be eating at a surplus at this time.