AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Workout to get ready for a military exam

My friend wants to join a military/special forces group and he will need to take a physical exam made of push ups, pull ups, sit ups and a 3km run.

He will obviously need to train exactly the afore mentioned exercises. But what else can he do?

For example, can a strength focused bench press help him at push ups? Or lat pulldown for pull ups? Or is it enough just to train the exercises from the exam?
    Last edited by AndyBendy; 08-31-2020 at 01:52 AM.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Other exercises could help, but if his only goal is to pass the exam by a certain date, it's prob most efficient just to focus on just those exercises. He could add weighted resistance to make the workouts more intense, but he should also train (at least some of the time) unweighted since it'd be a better indication of exactly how he'll do on the test esp if his form deviates from exam rules with weight added.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd run general strength programming 2 days a week and fill another 3 days with gpp including runs, gtg chins, push ups, sit ups etc
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Which military? Many of them offer specialized preparatory programs for free, so there's a good place to start.

AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Which military? Many of them offer specialized preparatory programs for free, so there's a good place to start.
    Well we didnt discuss the details of what military he wants to join. I dont even know for sure if he wants to join. But 2 days ago the 2 of us and some friends went out drinking and he talked about how it was his dream to enter a special forces team, but didnt find the oportunity or smth. I guessed it was the alcohol talking, but yesterday, when he was sober, he asked me if my gym has stuff for calisthenics, so I guess he decided to join.

Dunno any details, but we are romanians, so it would be a romanian team.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I guess his best bet is to talk to a recruiter first or whoever else he needs to to discuss interest. Then it’s mostly calisthenics and running until it’s time to go.