SkyKing191 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

One year to get Army ready

Never done anything like this before so here goes. I'm 22 and in my last year of what's left of college these days. I study foreign policy, and my army intelligence officer roommate opened my eyes to becoming a soldier, enlisting army intel after graduation to get my clearance. And I think I want to do it. Two problems. I have a fused growth plate in my foot, which impares my running ability until I get surgery on it. I should be getting surgery in the next month or two. That foot is part of the reason for my second problem, my weight. I'm about 270, and the army weight limit is 200 for 6'1 guys like me. Its been a problem since age 15, a natural growth issue, but my parents were getting divorced at the time and decided not to do anything about it. I used to run track and cross country before my ankle injury, I know I still have the will to get back there, but I don't have the know how. I'm sick of feeling like **** and I'm worried I won't be able to serve if I don't get my weight under control. I hope this helps me change.

I don't know what I expect out of this but there's some great threads on here and I guess I'll post progress. I'm starting 16:8 fasting every day, and I'm doing weight watchers app thing. I'm not that active except for walking about a mile a day, and I'm not very good at healthy meal prep but I'm working on it, for now bag garden salads and a lot of plain chicken will be staples.

Its definitely an aggressive goal but there's no room for compromises. I need to hold myself accountable with this.

Cheers,
    SkyKing191
    Last edited by SkyKing191; 08-30-2020 at 09:31 PM.