Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hglip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Order of Equipment Importance After Rack?

I'm in the process of moving and the size available for a home gym is uncertain. I'm mostly fantasizing at this point and budgeting things out.

In my research it seems like people seem to think a Lat Pull down machine is the second most important. I've seen some people like GHDs and others crap on them as unnecessary.

Personally I love love love functional trainers and I would absolutely buy one as my first equipment purchase after the rack (I already own), but I think they require tall ceilings and my future house may only have 8 foot ceilings. I'm not sure if a functional trainer can reproduce a lat pull down adequately or if the plate stack doesn't get big enough.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is, suppose you had a home gym that had a little extra space more than a rack. What would the second thing be that goes there? What if it was a little more than that? What third thing? Then what fourth?

Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Smegmalion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Idk, I’m not an expert, but I’d probably get a quad extension just to make the legs extra swole.
    Make America Great Again.

"Dig with your hands, not with your mouths"

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you say rack, I assume you have a bar, plates, and bench as well. Next I'd get adjustable dumbbells - Powerblocks or Ironmasters. After that, I'd get an adjustable bench if yours happens to be flat.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    When you say rack, I assume you have a bar, plates, and bench as well. Next I'd get adjustable dumbbells - Powerblocks or Ironmasters. After that, I'd get an adjustable bench if yours happens to be flat.
    Yup. I have dumbbells and plates, bar, landmine and bench. Lacking an adjustable bench, just a fixed one, and will probably get an adjustable once I have more space. Considering how to expand beyond that when I have more space. I have the money but not the space. Feelsbadman.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hglip View Post
    Yup. I have dumbbells and plates, bar, landmine and bench. Lacking an adjustable bench, just a fixed one, and will probably get an adjustable once I have more space. Considering how to expand beyond that when I have more space. I have the money but not the space. Feelsbadman.
    I have a functional trainer and it gets used pretty much every workout, but after a rack/bench/dumbbell set up, a good cable lat/low row would be next on my list.

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cable Lat/low row preferably with a weight stack.

Rows Could've Saved Jack Camarija's Avatar
    Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is fun, thanks for bringing this topic back!

First I'd figure out my goals and the goals of anyone also using the gym. Then I'd figure out the program(s) that would be running in the gym. Finally I'd investigate, demo, and ultimately purchase the equipment that would help work towards those goals.

I might build a gym around a program that includes these exercises like this:

Rogers Athletic Pendulum Rack w/ Bench and Attachments

This would cover most all of my core exercises. There's a ton I like about this specific rack; the docking telescoping adjustable bench, the insane available attachments ranging from wheel-in/drop-in pit shark, drop in mono lift, drop in adjustable multigrip pullup bar, V angled dip bar, etc. I'd probably settle on this setup among the many other awesome power rack options.
    • Squat
    • Front Squat
    • Pit Shark Belt Squat
    • Bulgarian Split Squat
    • Romanian Deadlift
    • Hip Thrust
    • Calf Raise
    • Dip
    • Bench Press
    • Incline Bench Press
    • Overhead Press
    • Pull Up
    • Chin Up
    • One Arm Landmine Row
    • Explosive Landmine Rotation
    • Hanging Leg Raise
    • Barbell Curl
    • Behind The Back Wrist Curl

Prime Fitness Functional Trainer + Bench (with extras)

This covers some core exercises that cannot be done with free weights, and some auxiliary exercises that are suboptimal with free weights. I think every type of training would benefit from some type of cable stack, if anything for face pulls and hip abductions. This particular setup includes the Flat/Incline/Decline bench.
    • Face Pull
    • Standing Hip Abduction
    • Various Isolation Exercises (Chest/Tricep/Latisimus Dorsi/Bicep/Rear Deltoid/Lateral Deltoid/Mid Trapezius/Low Trapezius/etc.)
    • Decline Weighted Situp
    • Decline French Press

Power Lift Leg Extension / Prone Leg Curl Combo

Knee contraction and more knee flexion exercises, with bonus hip thrust if you get creative. Depending on your goals, you may be better off without this. But most people find they want something else to work their lower body or posterior chain. That may instead be a dedicated belt squat machine, leg press, sissy squat, glute ham machine, reverse hyper, all of the above, etc. But for me, it would probably be this combo machine.
    • Leg Extension
    • Leg Curl
    • Hip Thrust

Hammer Strength ISO Mid Row and Dynavec Gluteator

These are both machines that aren't necessary, but would make life a whole lot better. The chest supported row helps take off the unnecessary stress on the lower back to focus on the upper back and lats. This seated hip abduction looks like it'd be magic for lower back support, hip health, and filling out the glutes. Both would probably find their way in my setup.
    • Chest Supported Row
    • Seated Hip Abduction
    ► Calgary Barbell 8 Week ► Training Age: 9 Months ► Goal: Big 3 + Bulk
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179108161
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The FT and lat pulldown will both be on my "must keep" list if I ever move to a place with a smaller area for my home gym. The leg ext/curl machines would be next (a combo machine if space is tight).

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    This is fun, thanks for bringing this topic back!
    Rogers Athletic Pendulum Rack w/ Bench and Attachments
    This would cover most all of my core exercises. There's a ton I like about this specific rack; the docking telescoping adjustable bench, the insane available attachments ranging from wheel-in/drop-in pit shark, drop in mono lift, drop in adjustable multigrip pullup bar, V angled dip bar, etc. I'd probably settle on this setup among the many other awesome power rack options.
    • Squat
    • Front Squat
    • Pit Shark Belt Squat
    • Bulgarian Split Squat
    • Romanian Deadlift
    • Hip Thrust
    • Calf Raise
    • Dip
    • Bench Press
    • Incline Bench Press
    • Overhead Press
    • Pull Up
    • Chin Up
    • One Arm Landmine Row
    • Explosive Landmine Rotation
    • Hanging Leg Raise
    • Barbell Curl
    • Behind The Back Wrist Curl
    Wow, this looks great! I wonder what additional attachments I can add to my Rogue Monster rack to further enhance my capabilities.

For my rack, I already have:

Pullup bar
    Dip bar attachment (Matador)
    Landmine attachment
    Flat Bench
    2x Leg Rollers
    Rope attachment point
    Safety Straps (can be used for deficit lifts)
    Band Pegs
    Wrist Roller (Sorinex rack mounted)

Any suggestions on what else to add that could improve capability in a worthwhile way? I did some research before buying and I bought everything that seemed worthwhile at the time, but may have missed something.

It looks like this linked one has a weight plate stack rack-mounted lat pull down on the rear. Rogue says they are working on a plate stack rack pulldown for their monster racks, but I don't think I can use it since my ceilings might not be high enough and my rack is just under the 8 foot mark for a standard ceiling in my area.

Rows Could've Saved Jack Camarija's Avatar
    Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hglip View Post
    Wow, this looks great! I wonder what additional attachments I can add to my Rogue Monster rack to further enhance my capabilities.

For my rack, I already have:

Pullup bar
    Dip bar attachment (Matador)
    Landmine attachment
    Flat Bench
    2x Leg Rollers
    Rope attachment point
    Safety Straps (can be used for deficit lifts)
    Band Pegs
    Wrist Roller (Sorinex rack mounted)

Any suggestions on what else to add that could improve capability in a worthwhile way? I did some research before buying and I bought everything that seemed worthwhile at the time, but may have missed something.

It looks like this linked one has a weight plate stack rack-mounted lat pull down on the rear. Rogue says they are working on a plate stack rack pulldown for their monster racks, but I don't think I can use it since my ceilings might not be high enough and my rack is just under the 8 foot mark for a standard ceiling in my area.
    One of the main advantages with Rogue is the vast array of attachments and add-ons to suit your personal needs and goals. If you can, try these attachments and add-ons BEFORE buying anything, because you may find out it's not for you.

Here are some exams of attachments/add-ons I would look into:

Rogue Henney Strap System - I have this irrational fear that I'll lose balance during an exercise, for example a barbell loaded bulgarian split squat. The henney strap system would help save an off balance failure in that specific example of training.

Rogue Monolift - I'm not a fan of the lift off portions of bench pressing (especially incline bench pressing). This would help 100%. Could also be used for Squats, eliminating the need to walk it back before each set.

Rogue Rhino or SquatMax - I would try both of these out first and add one of them to the back of the rack where they're out of the way. Once you start squatting heavy and regularly, it helps to have a belt squat option that takes the load off of your lower back for those days you're trying to take it easy.

As for the plate stack options that aren't too tall, a lot of regulars enjoy the Powertec Lat Pulldown / Row combo machine. Personally I just work my way up to weighted pullups, and don't bother with low cable rows anyway, so while a lat/row isn't super useful for me, it can still be used as a way to perform the very useful facepulls and standing hip abductions (both exercises could/should be in most everyone's programs). Many functional trainers are also under 8 feet, notably the Prime Fitness Functional Trainer.

But yeah, figure out what is the purpose or goal of your training first, figure out what programs would get you there, and then get the equipment that would enable those programs.

Cheers mate!
    Last edited by Camarija; 08-31-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    ► Calgary Barbell 8 Week ► Training Age: 9 Months ► Goal: Big 3 + Bulk
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179108161
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me the dumbbells are just as important or more than the rack. Definitely more important than lat pull down.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cables and then a 45 degree hyper
    tecom rated 100% patriot

[]---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm actually in the process of trying to get rid of my rack as it just takes up room for the most part. I only use it to do rack pulls and a place to attach my landmine attachment to.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I'm actually in the process of trying to get rid of my rack as it just takes up room for the most part. I only use it to do rack pulls and a place to attach my landmine attachment to.
    I'm in the same boat as you. It's probably the least used piece in my gym when you consider what it's designed for. I pretty much use it as a barbell holder for work outside of the rack, and a place to hold my Ab-Slings.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, I wouldn't necessarily make any more purchases for the next 6-12 months.......Take that time to figure out what equipment you really need/want in a home gym. We all have different goals. That's why you get a wide variety of answers--lat pulldown, GHD, leg extension could all be correct answers, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some kind of cable setup is usually the next item, after that it really depends on space / money and your program. Big pieces I have are rack, hi/low cable stack, Recumbent Bike & GHR. I'd love a leg press, functional trainer and a couple of specialty pieces but there is no room.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I have a functional trainer and it gets used pretty much every workout, but after a rack/bench/dumbbell set up, a good cable lat/low row would be next on my list.
    This is the way to go OP, anything after that is subjective...it could be a functional trainer, leverage machine, diverging arm leverage piece, a decent trap bar/hex bar, leg press (if room allows, depending on your style of training and if you even want that piece), leverage squat, etc...

After a lat pulldown/low row machine, I went with a leverage piece to mix it up and found a few strategic ways to mimic cable crossovers (both for chest and back)...however, I wouldn't be against getting a nice FT as well if room and budget would allow for it, but for now these other pieces are working for me to fill the gaps for those movements.

miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lat machine

When I went to home gym 7 or so yrs ago I started with a rack and FID bench. I quickly knew I needed a cable machine as I was missing the exercises I could do with cables at the gym. I went with a lat machine over a FT because I wanted to make sure I could do heavy lat pull downs more than cable crossovers. I thought it might be harder to do these on a FT without the seat and knee/ thigh pads to get your legs under and hold you down. 7 yrs later I’m glad I went the lat machine route. I have since created a cable crossover on my rack to do cable chest flyes and high cable bicep curls(the 2 exercises I missed from the crossover machine at the gym that I could not replicate on the lat machine). I would say a good set of dumbbells is close to the lat machine. I started with spinlocks and upgraded to the powerblocks. Next on my list would be a leg press for leg variety and to give the back a break once a while when going real heavy.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    This is the way to go OP, anything after that is subjective...
    Agreed. I personally have no use for a lat pulldown because I would much rather do pull-ups and landmine rows for my back. A low cable for rows would be cool I guess, but I don't think I could justify the expense and space just for that. Again, to each their own.

After a rack, the next piece I would buy would be a pec & rear delt fly. I don't feel like I get the same pump when I do those exercises with free weights.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by broganoff View Post
    Agreed. I personally have no use for a lat pulldown because I would much rather do pull-ups and landmine rows for my back. A low cable for rows would be cool I guess, but I don't think I could justify the expense and space just for that. Again, to each their own.

After a rack, the next piece I would buy would be a pec & rear delt fly. I don't feel like I get the same pump when I do those exercises with free weights.
    I will point out that for people with no other cable set up a lat pulldown/row can still be used for a variety of other exercises, but I also agree this is all subjective and the equipment should be tailored to one's goals.

On that note, OP, what are your goals?

GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GreatOldOne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have a GHD and Reverse Hyper. They're great equipment, but if I had a re-do I would get a leg press for that same space and perhaps some kind of leverage press or lat-pull.

I have a lat pull/row select, which is great. I would put that higher than GHD for sure.

I can see an argument for adjustable dumbells...
    (oO) That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    /||\ And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deamon flautists: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164323341

Fall for Judo:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177729661

Happy days to you and yours.

pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a man cave with a rack and enough weight for 4 people. Gets me about 2/3s of what I need so I also have a couple gym memberships that are closed. What do I miss:

Cables. I've got bands, but they aren't the same as cable.

Calve machines. I can work on calves from a rack, but it's not the same as machines.

Leg press. Yep. Miss it. Along with leg curls.

Reverse Peck deck- trying to do reverse delts with dumbbells is just not the same thing.

miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miggys3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lat machine

Earlier I mentioned why I went lat machine over FT, but basically it came down to a cable machine for me after the rack and bench. Don’t get me wrong I still do pulls ups and rows and I have a land mine attached to my rack but it’s very nice to have the variety that a cable machine brings. Lat pull downs, rows, triceps pull downs, bicep curls, ..... plus by purchasing a few attachments you can really keep your workouts fresh. It’s a very versatile machine that can be used for most body parts and is really only limited by your imagination. I also liked how little space my lat machine takes, a big plus for those with limited space. I mentioned I would like a leg press next but I could not justify it before a cable machine or good dumbbells as it is pretty much limited to 2 exercises, leg presses and calf raises.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    shake weight number 1 importance

Ditto

Originally Posted by pondman View Post
    I have a man cave with a rack and enough weight for 4 people. Gets me about 2/3s of what I need so I also have a couple gym memberships that are closed. What do I miss:

Cables. I've got bands, but they aren't the same as cable.

Calve machines. I can work on calves from a rack, but it's not the same as machines.

Leg press. Yep. Miss it. Along with leg curls.

Reverse Peck deck- trying to do reverse delts with dumbbells is just not the same thing.
    I got a nice set of bands before my lat machine and they quickly started collecting dust. Just not the same as cables. I pretty much use them for traveling in case my hotels gym doesn’t cut it or gym is not available. I also find it hard to hit calves without a dedicated machine. Reverse delts with dumbbells feels the equivalent as bands to cables, just not the same.

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This wasn't even on my list until I recently expanded the gym, but I just picked one up and it's definitely nice to have. It will, however, be one of the first pieces to go if the next house has a smaller space for a gym.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    This wasn't even on my list until I recently expanded the gym, but I just picked one up and it's definitely nice to have. It will, however, be one of the first pieces to go if the next house has a smaller space for a gym.
    Nice, which one? Prime's looks amazing (as expected) but my bank account has taken enough abuse since this thing started, plus it's too big for my setup. Might be something I do years down the line if/when I upgrade my square footage.

Titan has one for $450 and it has a pretty small footprint, I might order that once I have everything else in place so that I'm sure I really have room for it.

Nice, which one? Prime's looks amazing (as expected) but my bank account has taken enough abuse since this thing started, plus it's too big for my setup. Might be something I do years down the line if/when I upgrade my square footage.

Titan has one for $450 and it has a pretty small footprint, I might order that once I have everything else in place so that I'm sure I really have room for it.
    I picked up a Life Fitness Pro1 via Craigslist. When not in use we fold the arms back into the rear delt position and it takes up barely any room at all.

WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)

I have the Titan unit. It's pretty good for chest flyes. For rear flyes for the posterior delts, not so much because the ROM is too limited. Titan just needs to drill one additional hole in the cams to fix the issue. Some people have actually done just that and reported back that it works perfectly for rear flyes afterwards.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I think dumbbells and a decent adjustable bench are secondary after a rack and weight set. But then again its really tough to pick out certain equipment one thinks is important.
    Once you have certain pieces in your home gym. Its tough for me to imagine not having them. Like cable crossover, lat pulldown etc.

That being said- I think I may sell my Legend rack sometime in the future and pick up a Rogue monster or rep 3x3 of some sort.
    I love the Legend- but without the side slot-holes it limits what add ons I can get for it. Since I bought the Legend, Power Racks have come a long way In versatility.