Thread: Need an advice

Resolutionxh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need an advice

Hello guys. I'm new to this site and I'm new to body building as well so call me noob or whatever, it's okay. And if I ask dumb questions, please forgive me because like I said, I'm a noob. Haha

So here's what: I'm 17 yrs. old, I'm at 64in/54kg (I'm asian btw). I know I'm short and very skinny. But I already have some muscles in me although they're not that visible unless I flex them.

Here are my questions:

1. How much do I need to take (calories/carbs/protein etc.) everyday to gain weight? My metabolism is lightning fast so even if I eat more than I should, my weight stays the same.
    2. Can I build muscles at home without equipment? I go to school everyday so I don't have time/money to visit the gym. And there's barely anything in our house that can substitute as an equipment. Is it possible to gain muscles with only bodyweight exercises?
    3. My legs are actually fine, what I'm worried about are my arms/torso. Compared to my friends, my arms are way thinner. I want to make it bigger and of course, stronger. What exercises can you recommend so that make my skinny arms become bigger and stronger, without equipment?
    4. Is it possible that I gain about 6kg in a year? I mean not from fats, but from muscle mass. If not, how many months can I gain 6kg in my case?
    5. This is just a bonus question. No need to answer but I'm really worried about my height. Most guys in my school are about 66in above. My goal is to be at least 70in. At my age (17), can I still make it to my goal? How can I maximize my growth?

That's all for now. Thanks guys.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    1. Count calories. Eat the same level every day. Only make adjustments once every 2 weeks. Weigh yourself every morning and look for the trend behind the noise of day to day water weight changes. If not gaining weight, increase calories once every 2 weeks.

2. You can try but it's much more difficult without the right tools
    https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

3. No you must train your whole body if you are serious

4. Yes, possible, maybe not without training legs and without proper equipment.

5. Nothing you can do about that.

BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Resolutionxh View Post
    Hello guys. I'm new to this site and I'm new to body building as well so call me noob or whatever, it's okay. And if I ask dumb questions, please forgive me because like I said, I'm a noob. Haha

So here's what: I'm 17 yrs. old, I'm at 64in/54kg (I'm asian btw). I know I'm short and very skinny. But I already have some muscles in me although they're not that visible unless I flex them.

Here are my questions:

1. How much do I need to take (calories/carbs/protein etc.) everyday to gain weight? My metabolism is lightning fast so even if I eat more than I should, my weight stays the same.
    2. Can I build muscles at home without equipment? I go to school everyday so I don't have time/money to visit the gym. And there's barely anything in our house that can substitute as an equipment. Is it possible to gain muscles with only bodyweight exercises?
    3. My legs are actually fine, what I'm worried about are my arms/torso. Compared to my friends, my arms are way thinner. I want to make it bigger and of course, stronger. What exercises can you recommend so that make my skinny arms become bigger and stronger, without equipment?
    4. Is it possible that I gain about 6kg in a year? I mean not from fats, but from muscle mass. If not, how many months can I gain 6kg in my case?
    5. This is just a bonus question. No need to answer but I'm really worried about my height. Most guys in my school are about 66in above. My goal is to be at least 70in. At my age (17), can I still make it to my goal? How can I maximize my growth?

That's all for now. Thanks guys.
    Hello. To answer your questions:

1. You can have the fastest metabolism in the world, and as long as you eat at a calorie surplus you will gain weight. Find out what your maintenance calories are. If you eat more cals than your daily maintenance needs, you will gain weight. A pound is equal to an extra 3500 cals over your maintenance, so if you were to eat 500 extra cals a day, you'd gain one pound in a week. Do not worry about carbs or fats for now. Keep things simple. Eat around your goal bodyweight x 1g protein. If you wanna weight 150 lbs, then eat 150g of protein. You could get away with eating more or a bit less. Just trying to keep things easy for you to track.

2. Yes, but do not expect to gain anything crazy. I suggest finding the time to go to the gym. I know of people who have 2 jobs and go to college, and they still find the time. If that's really out of the question because of transportation or whatever, save up, and buy some equipment. Adjustable dumbbells would be a good idea.

3. As I said before, yes, you can get bigger arms doing bodyweight, but they will eventually hit a plateu due to lack of progressive overload. You can start doing diamond push-ups and chin ups. Do reg push ups if you can't do diamond push ups instead. Dips would also be great.

4. Hard to achieve without equipment. I suggest training your whole body as well.

5. Yeah. You can't do anything about that really. Genetics is something you can't really control.