rrituraj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with lateral pelvic tilt and dropped shoulder

I recently discovered from a doctor that i have a moderate lateral pelvic tilt (right hip hike and right shoulder drop). As a result my left upper trap has seemingly been tight since so many years now. It all makes sense now that I've suffered impingement in my left shoulders for years now and wasn't able to do pull-ups or pushups without irritating the shoulder . Now, I am starting to workout to keep this lockdown stress at bay and i have started with just bent over rows and some bicep and tricep exercises. I was wondering if these exercises are safe to do without inviting any more injury or i should just treat the pelvic tilt first and then resume working out.

Registered User letsfixthatform's Avatar
    letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rrituraj View Post
    I recently discovered from a doctor that i have a moderate lateral pelvic tilt (right hip hike and right shoulder drop). As a result my left upper trap has seemingly been tight since so many years now. It all makes sense now that I've suffered impingement in my left shoulders for years now and wasn't able to do pull-ups or pushups without irritating the shoulder . Now, I am starting to workout to keep this lockdown stress at bay and i have started with just bent over rows and some bicep and tricep exercises. I was wondering if these exercises are safe to do without inviting any more injury or i should just treat the pelvic tilt first and then resume working out.
    I have experienced this firsthand. Believe it or not, lateral pelvic tilt can affect EVERY movement you perform because the muscles are being trained in the incorrect position. BEFORE starting a lifting program you need to get your posture fixed. It will not be an overnight fix but you will save yourself tons of trouble down the road. I would suggest a referral to a PT that can assist you in getting straightened out, literally.
    ISSA CPT
    ISSA BB spclst
    Worlds okayest lifting coach