nammye is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How many of you have a neck circumference bigger than 19 inches?

The average neck size for a man is 15 inches. Am wondering how much bigger a neck can get with training.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nammye View Post
    The average neck size for a man is 15 inches. Am wondering how much bigger a neck can get with training.
    I measured just for the hell of it, since I do neck exercises for flexibility/mobility (not with any weight resistance, although I do hold positions for a brief amount of time) and my neck is 17 inches.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The neck is like any other muscle.
    Some areas respond better than others and will be different for everyone.
    Also the work you put into it will have a bearing on your size.
    Say if your a wrestler and do neck frequently your neck will grow but how much is an individual thing.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5'9 200lbs 18 1/2" neck. I went for 10 years without training, and used to wear a 17" fitted. But being back in the gym over the past decade it has grown to where it is now.

It should be noted that abuse of androgens will also cause a disproportionate growth of neck and shoulders. Androgen receptors are higher in those areas. We have all see the people with HUGE delts, traps and neck, and yet their backs have little in the way of development. This is a sign that they relied on a lot of help.

FWIW, having a big neck sucks. It does not matter if you are fat or muscle. If your neck get over a point you risk breathing problems. At any weight above 10 bf, I struggle with sleep apnea. If I slip on diet for a while and shift up 10 lbs, it hits me bad. It is one of the reasons I stay lean since not being able to breathe in your sleep sucks!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be