BornToRoyalty is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Return to exercise after C-section

I am a certified personal trainer and have been strength training for almost 5 years. I am currently 5 weeks postpartum with my first who was born via C-section due to fetal distress. I need advice on how to return to exercise after a C-section. The doctors don't say much other than wait 6 weeks. They don't tell me anything on what to do after 6 weeks, how to start safely, what to focus on or be mindful of. Can anyone help me out?

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Build up slowly

You’ve had major abdominal surgery but should be mainly healed by 6 weeks

Start body weight and listen to your body, you’re probably in the best position to judge

I’d avoid too much weight cos of the relaxin that will still be coursing through your body for about half a year and affecting your connective tissue and ligaments

Congrats