ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

[WTA] Should i be worried?

Hi guys,

Its me again. It has been 2 month straight since i try to bulk with calorie surplus at about 200-300 cal.

I calculate somewhere on website state that my TDEE is about 1800-1900. So i just increase merely 200-300 cal and been hitting about 2200-2400 calorie perday.

My marco, for protein is about +- 120gm which i follow 0.8gm per lbs bodyweight. Carb and fat i did not count.

25/6/2020 my weight is 126lb, 25/7/2020 is 132lb, 25/8/2020 is 136lb. Im 5'7" tall.

Currenly been doing Viking's fullbody workout.

My diet mostly like below

Breakfast
    Coffee, Chocolate Bread (like twinkie or something) / Peanut Butter + Bread / Fried Rice / Eggs

Lunch
    White Rice 1cup, 200-150gm chicken breast, vege

Snack 1
    Milk, Bread

Dinner
    White Rice 2cup, 150gm chicken breast, vege, egg

Snack 2
    2-3 Scramble egg, Beef patty

Snack 3
    White Rice

Supper
    Protein Shake, Chocolate Bread / Peanut Butter + Bread

My concern is, my stomach is getting bigger. Lol. Previously im a fairly skinny and lean guy. Why the fat did not spread evenly?

I don't mind if the fat at my arm shoulder or the rest of the body. But now mostly they will focus at the stomach.

Is this normal while bulking? Or i should do something in my diet?

Thanks all.
    Last edited by ZeekTrytoBuff; 08-25-2020 at 01:35 AM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'd say slightly too fast for my liking

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i'd say slightly too fast for my liking
    A lot of the initial weight gain is water from increased sodium and carbohydrates. Stomach expansion has a lot to do with the above plus just possible bloating from increased intake.

Regardless, you’ve gained a bit too much each month if I were to judge. Have you been progressing in your goals?
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you new to training? Coming off a cut and now bulking? What are you doing to gauge your progress besides the scale? How is your training progress? Taking pics every two weeks? Waist measurements weekly?

I wouldn't say off the bat your rate of gain is too much without getting more information.

You will have some fat gain. People notice some fat gain around the stomach then make unnecessary adjustments. The goal here is size and strength, right? Much easier to lose fat then to put on appreciable mass.

This is why nobody gets anywhere with their physiques. End up just looking the same.
    Last edited by 1MANU; 08-25-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZeekTrytoBuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Are you new to training? Coming off a cut and now bulking? What are you doing to gauge your progress besides the scale? How is your training progress? Taking pics every two weeks? Waist measurements weekly?

I wouldn't say off the bat your rate of gain is too much without getting more information.

You will have some fat gain. People notice some fat gain around the stomach then make unnecessary adjustments. The goal here is size and strength, right? Much easier to lose fat then to put on appreciable mass.

This is why nobody gets anywhere with their physiques. End up just looking the same.
    Yes can say im beginner/newbie. Early this year i start do novice program called Fierce 5 but then stop due to covid pandemic, my weight at that time is peak at 132lb (due to bad diet program).

Now i resume again with improve diet than last time and do Viking's program.

Training progress is good i think. I can increase 5lb to my lift but not every week. Sometime every 2 week only i can manage to increase the weight, due to the Viking's program is rep goal.

Yes sir the goal is size and strength, skinny to buff. My lift is at very shy number, 100lb Squat, 100lb BP (3x8) and 100lb RDL, 100lb Row (3x10), while OHP is only at 66lb (3x8).

Sadly I'm not taking pic of the progress. It do measure bicep weekly. Lol. Not waist. Maybe i'll do that too.

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    A lot of the initial weight gain is water from increased sodium and carbohydrates. Stomach expansion has a lot to do with the above plus just possible bloating from increased intake.

Regardless, you’ve gained a bit too much each month if I were to judge. Have you been progressing in your goals?
    I see. I also don't know what to expect. 2 month is short period of time. I think i need to give my self at least 6 month - 12 month, only can see some cool improvement? I understand that bodybuilding is marathon not a sprint. So I'm not put high hope for less than 1 year of training.

As for strength, there is really improvement. My bench went from 80lb - 100lb for 3x8. I can do dips properly now for 3x8. Previously hitting 5 rep is like a super-hard.

As for chin up/pull up, still impossible for me. Lol

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ZeekTrytoBuff View Post
    I see. I also don't know what to expect. 2 month is short period of time. I think i need to give my self at least 6 month - 12 month, only can see some cool improvement? I understand that bodybuilding is marathon not a sprint. So I'm not put high hope for less than 1 year of training.

As for strength, there is really improvement. My bench went from 80lb - 100lb for 3x8. I can do dips properly now for 3x8. Previously hitting 5 rep is like a super-hard.

As for chin up/pull up, still impossible for me. Lol
    A lb a week isn’t terribly fast, especially if you’re new, which it sounds like you are. It’s only really a problem if that kind of rate of gain continues but your progress comes to a halt. As long as you are comfortable with progress vs gain then you are fine I suppose. Great job in the improvements.

As far chin ups, do you have a pull up bar or do you go to the gym? If you have a pull up bar, I swear just hang it up and every time you walk by it in your house crank one out. Keep doing that, learn the skill through repetition, and you’ll see be able to do more. If you go to a gym, keep working those sets but put lighter sets of chins on your other days. I’ve also found that a closed grip lay pulldown may have helped my pull ups as well.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    A lb a week isn’t terribly fast, especially if you’re new, which it sounds like you are. It’s only really a problem if that kind of rate of gain continues but your progress comes to a halt. As long as you are comfortable with progress vs gain then you are fine I suppose. Great job in the improvements.

As far chin ups, do you have a pull up bar or do you go to the gym? If you have a pull up bar, I swear just hang it up and every time you walk by it in your house crank one out. Keep doing that, learn the skill through repetition, and you’ll see be able to do more. If you go to a gym, keep working those sets but put lighter sets of chins on your other days. I’ve also found that a closed grip lay pulldown may have helped my pull ups as well.

Noted. Thank you for your input. I will continue to progress and monitor my bw.

Yes i have pull up bar at home. Will do that and keep practice if possible.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vikings is enough volume as is. Don't add more volume to it by doing exercises at home. Take your rest. Recovery is just as important.

Your diet looks too low on fiber. Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains.

How tall are you?

Unless you're severely underweight 1 pound per week is too much. Anything more than 2 pounds per week will likely be fat.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 08-27-2020 at 02:11 AM.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Noted. Thank you for your input. I will continue to progress and monitor my bw.

Yes i have pull up bar at home. Will do that and keep practice if possible.
    There are 2 things you can do to really help you progress with pull ups.

Get some resistance bands and use them with the pull up bar - this will let you get the movement pattern down and then over time gradually reduce the level of assistance until you are able to do a pull up without any bands.

Practice negative reps - use something to raise you up like a chair and step forward and lower yourself down from the bar as slowly as possible.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Vikings is enough volume as is. Don't add more volume to it by doing exercises at home. Take your rest. Recovery is just as important.

Your diet looks too low on fiber. Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains.

How tall are you?

Unless you're severely underweight 1 pound per week is too much. Anything more than 2 pounds per week will likely be fat.
    Noted. Im try to take 1 or 2 servings fruit per day. Mostly gonna be apple and banana.

Im 5'7" or 172cm?

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    There are 2 things you can do to really help you progress with pull ups.

Get some resistance bands and use them with the pull up bar - this will let you get the movement pattern down and then over time gradually reduce the level of assistance until you are able to do a pull up without any bands.

Practice negative reps - use something to raise you up like a chair and step forward and lower yourself down from the bar as slowly as possible.
    Hi, thanks for the advise. Sure i will find the resistance band eg: green, purple color like that right. Maybe this will be in my routine after i finish my Viking's program.

As many has advise to stick as it is. Yes the program really hit my beginner muscle hard. On rest day i cannot do anything, just enjoy rested while Netlixing. Lol

Hopefully, starting Jan'21 i can change my program.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Noted. Im try to take 1 or 2 servings fruit per day. Mostly gonna be apple and banana.
    That’s a good start but you need far more fruits & vegetables than that still, OP.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Im 5'7" or 172cm?
    Ok try to gain 2 pounds per month.

Fiber target is at least 30 grams.