geekchicken is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing weight but belly fat getting bigger

I have lost approximately 8kg (17.637Ibs) over a 10 months period. I am continuing to slowly lose weight and showing progress each week. However, my pot belly is beginning to get bigger while my weight is continuing to decrease.

I train 5 times a week doing Push, pull, legs, push, pull. I use MyFitnessPal to calculate all my calories and include everything including spices.

What could be the reason for belly fat getting bigger?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I doubt it's getting bigger - have you taken measurements? Maybe you just lost fat from elsewhere which changes the visual emphasis.

The answer may be to simply keep going. If you want to be certain, post pictures.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah thats not possible, unless you're bloated or something (which is temporary) as mentioned above its probably just an optical illusion in the mirror. The belly is always the last to go, so when you start losing fat it may appear that its "growing", but you're just losing fat from everywhere else first.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

CYBERSPACEAPE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looks bigger it all the fat beside your belly melting around we tend to gain fat in our bellies first and lose it there last

kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what does your water intake look like? Your body tends to hold water if you're not getting an adequate amount of it. Also i'd check your diet for anything that may be causing inflammation (bloating).
    Bellyfat is often the last to go. It just takes longer to see results in that area.

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by geekchicken View Post
    I have lost approximately 8kg (17.637Ibs) over a 10 months period. I am continuing to slowly lose weight and showing progress each week. However, my pot belly is beginning to get bigger while my weight is continuing to decrease.

I train 5 times a week doing Push, pull, legs, push, pull. I use MyFitnessPal to calculate all my calories and include everything including spices.

What could be the reason for belly fat getting bigger?
    I've noticed this in myself a few times after doing dirty bulks. I don't think my gut got bigger, but it just looked that way because I was losing a lot of bodyfat from everywhere except for my gut. So, proportionately, my gut was bigger. It eventually came off, but my gut was the last weight that moved. There are some lucky people that lose weight pretty evenly. Doesn't seem like we are in that club. Keep it going. It will eventually come off.

Originally Posted by kdogg3270 View Post
    what does your water intake look like? Your body tends to hold water if you're not getting an adequate amount of it. Also i'd check your diet for anything that may be causing inflammation (bloating).
    Bellyfat is often the last to go. It just takes longer to see results in that area.
    I drink approximately 800ML - 1.2L (0.26 Gallons) of water daily (4-5 glasses water).

In my diet, I eat the following items daily: air-popped popcorn, oats, low-fat greek yogurt, WPI protein, Almond Milk, French Toast (Made from 8 Egg whites and 2 slices of bread) and generally eat approximately 80 grams (2.82192 ounces) of blueberries and Strawberries.

Ocassionly I eat Chicken Breast, Tuna, and Lentil soup.

Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    I've noticed this in myself a few times after doing dirty bulks. I don't think my gut got bigger, but it just looked that way because I was losing a lot of bodyfat from everywhere except for my gut. So, proportionately, my gut was bigger. It eventually came off, but my gut was the last weight that moved. There are some lucky people that lose weight pretty evenly. Doesn't seem like we are in that club. Keep it going. It will eventually come off.
    Thanks, I will just keep at it and hope I get a similar result!

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I doubt it's getting bigger - have you taken measurements? Maybe you just lost fat from elsewhere which changes the visual emphasis.

The answer may be to simply keep going. If you want to be certain, post pictures.
    I have not taken measurements, but will be doing that going forward.