AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Milk bad for endomorphs?

Today at the gym I had a chat with a guy about bodybuilding and nutrition and after I told him my breakfast (milk, protein powder and oats, with kiwi/forest fruits on the side) he said that I should drop the milk and replace it with water. He said it didnt matter if it had 1.5% or 3.5% fat (only those are available for me). I assumed he thinks it's not good for endos.

Now, he seemed in his late 30s / early 40s, not a 20yo gymbro, so I assumed he may know something I dont.

I love milk and it made it very easy for me to eat oats and another protein shake.

What do you think?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Lol, no - even if the idea of "endomorphs" was even a useful classification - which it isn't - then still no.

If you don't tolerate lactose well then maybe avoid milk. Otherwise it's fine just like any food which has not been banned by the FDA.

Originally Posted by AndyBendy View Post
    Now, he seemed in his late 30s / early 40s, not a 20yo gymbro, so I assumed he may know something I dont.
    You know what they say about assumptions...

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there's nothing wrong with milk, just drink it (or don't) to suit your goals...

for example, i wouldn't drink a ton of milk when i'm cutting and trying to keep my calories low. when bulking, it's a good way to get some easy calories in if needed

AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Lol, no - even if the idea of "endomorphs" was even a useful classification - which it isn't - then still no.

If you don't tolerate lactose well then maybe avoid milk. Otherwise it's fine just like any food which has not been banned by the FDA.

You know what they say about assumptions...
    Yeah, it was kinda strange cause I drink lots of milk and never got fat or bloated or anything from it. Also I'm not lactose intolerant, so I have no problems.

I'll stick to it then. Thanks!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    'Some guy in the gym said' is what is known as 'bro science'. It's usually garbage.

Next time ask them on what studies their idea is based.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So a late 30s/early 40s gymbro talking to another gymbro.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today at the gym I had a chat with a guy about bodybuilding and nutrition and after I told him my breakfast (milk, protein powder and oats, with kiwi/forest fruits on the side) he said that I should drop the milk and replace it with water. He said it didnt matter if it had 1.5% or 3.5% fat (only those are available for me). I assumed he thinks it's not good for endos.

I love milk and it made it very easy for me to eat oats and another protein shake.

What do you think?
    If you're overweight and told him you're trying to cut it would be a way to reduce calories by like 120-140/cup. If you're using a lot of milk it could make a decent sized difference in your daily calorie total. Other than that it sounds like he didn't provide any reason and you're just assuming things which is making everyone involved look bad.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    If you're overweight and told him you're trying to cut it would be a way to reduce calories by like 120-140/cup. If you're using a lot of milk it could make a decent sized difference in your daily calorie total. Other than that it sounds like he didn't provide any reason and you're just assuming things which is making everyone involved look bad.
    This, context is everything.

He may have simply advised it as a means to reduce calories if you are wanting to lose weight.
    He may be a keto nut and think carbs are evil.
    He might think sugar is the devil.
    He might just be weird.

we will never know because you didn't ask him for reasoning.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's also the issue of the unreliable witness where the OP incorrectly represents what the gymdude actually said.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I assume it's the mammalian infant nutrition because it's a food source our bodies thrive on, not because it's some well-kept secret enemy of gains or leanness.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I assume it's the mammalian infant nutrition because it's a food source our bodies thrive on, not because it's some well-kept secret enemy of gains or leanness.
    Babies don't often have striated glutes to be fair.