Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Real talk, peace. BobLoblawBrah's Avatar
    BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobLoblawBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say my education is the worst investment i've made.

That said, the worst investments are surely the things that offer no returns whatsoever - life long cigarette smokers, gamblers, etc.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Bre-X
    The guy that started that company got thrown out of a flying helicopter.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Education by far for a TON of college grads. The time-cost + everything else taken loan wise cripples some people for 10+ years.

I've been fortunate that my education got me a lucrative career and it didn't prevent me from doing the big things like buying vehicle, home, and starting a family. Still have a fair chunk to pay off 3 years after graduating.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Education by far for a TON of college grads. The time-cost + everything else taken loan wise cripples some people for 10+ years.

I've been fortunate that my education got me a lucrative career and it didn't prevent me from doing the big things like buying vehicle, home, and starting a family. Still have a fair chunk to pay off 3 years after graduating.
    This by a mile, its not even close. The amount of people Ive met with $30k+ in loans and a useless degree is staggering srs, esp here in California. They were sold a flat out lie, an entire generation, and they bought it with interest (thanks Obama).

We really really need to get the govt out of our schools, it is killing our country.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    This by a mile, its not even close. The amount of people Ive met with $30k+ in loans and a useless degree is staggering srs, esp here in California. They were sold a flat out lie, an entire generation, and they bought it with interest (thanks Obama).

We really really need to get the govt out of our schools, it is killing our country.
    When I was doing physical therapy, two therapists were talking to me about their debt.

One went to a local private institution and got a loan for everything including housing and it came out to around 200k and his co-worker went to a local medical school and only racked up 45k in loans. Got the same education and the same job, but the private institution comes with prestige so a lot of students choose this route. I went to the local community college and did a transfer program to the institution which also owns the medical school. I didn't need any loans to graduate since I worked full-time during school.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    My girlfriend used to earn 1 to 2 million per year and she spent every penny of it. All she has left from when she was earning that much money is two high end cars lol.

I don't know a total of how much she made/spent over a 10 year period but at the end it was 2 mil per year. Now she just wants a low stress job/lifestyle.
    Originally Posted by Venom08 View Post
    wtf was a woman doing making that much money
    Did I forget to pay my platinum account dues because I don't see the answer

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    When I was doing physical therapy, two therapists were talking to me about their debt.

One went to a local private institution and got a loan for everything including housing and it came out to around 200k and his co-worker went to a local medical school and only racked up 45k in loans. Got the same education and the same job, but the private institution comes with prestige so a lot of students choose this route. I went to the local community college and did a transfer program to the institution which also owns the medical school. I didn't need any loans to graduate since I worked full-time during school.
    Yikes. Yeah I went to a public school and even there it was staggering how many people had 0 scholarships, paid for the highest tier food plan/housing, and had no jobs/savings so they just lumped it all into their student loans.

Also why is it when people ask what major someone has or what someone's kid is doing no matter what people are like "Oh nice" + some garbage anecdote about how great xyz major is. We kinda need to, as a society, stop pushing garbage college majors. I've literally heard someone say "yeah I couldn't decide on a major so I'm just graduating with a general studies degree" like wtf? Why would you do that to yourself? What are you gonna do be a substitute teacher??
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"