Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I guess im confused about how eating 1 cups of dry oats would take longer than like 3 cups of cooked oats... its 1/3 the volume. Not to mention it takes up 1/3 the volume in your stomach.
    But I think the idea there is exactly that: it's one cup instead of three, ergo "surprisingly low calorie."
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    But I think the idea there is exactly that: it's one cup instead of three, ergo "surprisingly low calorie."
    Huh?

Dry oats have more calories by gram vs cooked... so cooked oats would be ‘more surprisingly’ low calories than raw...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Huh?

Dry oats have more calories by gram vs cooked... so cooked oats would be ‘more surprisingly’ low calories than raw...
    Cool, I actually didn't know that.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cool, I actually didn't know that.
    Anything that absorbs water during cooking will have the same result... rice, pasta, cous cous, quinoa... the more water content, the less calories by gram
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Sugar free jello. My last trip to sub 10% I was practically eating a box a day. Makes you piss all day long tho.
    Yellow or clear?
    Razorbacks/Bears/Cubs/Bulls

Anything that absorbs water during cooking will have the same result... rice, pasta, cous cous, quinoa... the more water content, the less calories by gram
    Oh, I thought we were starting from the same dry measured amount, and you meant that the cooked oats would have less, due to starch and such being released from them.

Oh, I thought we were starting from the same dry measured amount, and you meant that the cooked oats would have less, due to starch and such being released from them.
    Well no... though there is some truth to eating cold oats (after cooking) having less usable calories due to resistant starch

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’d also end up very lonely when all your friends abandon you due to horrible farts ;-)
    Win-win bro. Start your day with an egg-white and broccoli omelette, some bran flakes, & a big tall glass of prune juice. Follow it up with a couple sugar-free chocolate candies for dessert & you'll emit such noxious fumes that you'll NEVER have to worry about having friends or family inviting you out to partake in potentially calorie-laden meals or drinks because they'll just associate you with constant ass stench. I recommend you superset this with sugar-free cough drops & Le Croix water for maximum leanness gains.
    Well no... though there is some truth to eating cold oats (after cooking) having less usable calories due to resistant starch
    This is majoring in the minors imo. Oats for me have been a constant tool for gaining because I love dressing them up with pb, dark choc, fruit, and other delicious toppings. They're good for weight loss primarily because they're just so damn filling. Whether eaten hot or cold, they keep me full for hours. I can't imagine it makes much difference whether they're cooked or not to get that satiating effect.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Win-win bro. Start your day with an egg-white and broccoli omelette, some bran flakes, & a big tall glass of prune juice. Follow it up with a couple sugar-free chocolate candies for dessert & you'll emit such noxious fumes that you'll NEVER have to worry about having friends or family inviting you out to partake in potentially calorie-laden meals or drinks because they'll just associate you with constant ass stench. I recommend you superset this with sugar-free cough drops & Le Croix water for maximum leanness gains.

This is majoring in the minors imo. Oats for me have been a constant tool for gaining because I love dressing them up with pb, dark choc, fruit, and other delicious toppings. They're good for weight loss primarily because they're just so damn filling. Whether eaten hot or cold, they keep me full for hours. I can't imagine it makes much difference whether they're cooked or not to get that satiating effect.
    Lol oh man that sounds horrible... the essential cocktail for never getting a date ever again.

Agreed on the oats, I was mainly just pointing out the benefits of oats are largely due to fiber and volume, tho I guess if anyone really wanted to nitpick, I guess cold oats (much like cold potatoes) could have a slight advantage... but personally it makes no difference to me! Gotta have my oats either way

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    personally it makes no difference to me! Gotta have my oats either way
    Agreed. Oats are the goat for bulking/cutting/maintaining/living.

Agreed. Oats are the goat for bulking/cutting/maintaining/living.
    Every morning dude... i don't know how they don't get old... I think i've gone maybe 5-10 days this whole year without having oats.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Every morning dude... i don't know how they don't get old... I think i've gone maybe 5-10 days this whole year without having oats.
    thats how I am with yogurt everyday
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    thats how I am with yogurt everyday
    Similar for me... Oats, yogurt, berries, and nut butters =o). And some kind of protein bar

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oats = Food of the gods

Love it every morning as well.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Oats = Food of the gods

Love it every morning as well.

My current style is to mix it up with my protein powder, and then top it with PB and 1-2 square of 80% dark chocolate, with some berries... the melted chocolate along with the PB and the protein... man... sometimes I wish I had two stomaches so I could have it twice.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-20-2020 at 05:25 PM.

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anything pickled

Similar for me... Oats, yogurt, berries, and nut butters =o). And some kind of protein bar
    Same. I can't actually recall the last day I didn't eat those things.

My current style is to mix it up with my protein powder, and then top it with PB and 1-2 square of 80% dark chocolate, with some berries... the melted chocolate along with the PB and the protein... man... sometimes I wish I had two stomaches so I could have it twice.
    EXACTLY how I eat it! Srs. Erryday.

Same. I can't actually recall the last day I didn't eat those things.

EXACTLY how I eat it! Srs. Erryday.
    I would be lying if I said I’m that surprised

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whipped egg whites cake- put egg whites in a mixer with cream of tartar then mix until stiff peaks, sprinkle in cinnamon and erythritol, bake 350 for 20-30 min
    egg beaters crepes- just egg beaters and whey protein mixed and grill in skillet
    kohlrabi noodles
    shirrtaki noodles
    protein fluff- just whey, water, ice, xanthan gum, erythritol
    riced cauliflowe/broccoli
    high water veggies (cucumbers, pickles, lettuce, spinach, zucchini)
    strawberries
    sugar free jello
    air pop popcorn
    puffed wheat/kamut
    lavash bread/35 cal bread
    lean meats/whitefish/shellfish
    sugar free chewing gum/diet soda
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I’ve been convinced to buy oats and shirrtaki noodles.

I will also throw sushi out there as surprisingly low calories. I estimate ‘normal sushi rolls’ to be about 50 calories per piece. I ate 20 pieces last night for dinner, only 1k calories!

Originally Posted by poker27 View Post
    Well I’ve been convinced to buy oats and shirrtaki noodles.

I will also throw sushi out there as surprisingly low calories. I estimate ‘normal sushi rolls’ to be about 50 calories per piece. I ate 20 pieces last night for dinner, only 1k calories!
    You needed a tip to buy oats?

Espio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RTB1 View Post
    Second vote for these, I recently learned about them and they're pretty incredible.
    Taste wise how are these? Should I get them? I think they're expensive as on amazon. (It's not in my local stores)

Registered User perpendicularis's Avatar
    perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anything that's mostly protein. Satisfies hunger with minimal (net) calorie consequence.

Surprisingly most people still count protein as same energy 'content' to carbs when calculating energy balance. While it does (in a bomb calorimeter), excess protein consumed in the body only adds about 20% of original value to your energy balance due to the way it is processed into usable energy.

Protein used for wear & tear of tissue or synthesis of new tissue is just raw material building blocks, and has no bearing on energy balance.
    Any protein beyond this requirement is converted to glucose with 57% efficiency (so you lose 43% of energy content during conversion), then requires toxic nitrogen component to be eliminated which costs another approx 30-35%.

So you only net a small fraction of excess protein as usable energy that counts towards energy balance. Thats why high protein is so effective for weight loss & can actually hamper size gains in people with fast metabolisms that struggle getting enough usable calories in.

Originally Posted by poker27 View Post
    Idk bro it seems like my stomach knows no bounds when it comes to sushi. I can eat a seemingly endless amount of fish and rice.

Idk bro it seems like my stomach knows no bounds when it comes to sushi. I can eat a seemingly endless amount of fish and rice.
    x2

I have a second stomach just for sushi

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by perpendicularis View Post
    Anything that's mostly protein. Satisfies hunger with minimal (net) calorie consequence.

Surprisingly most people still count protein as same energy 'content' to carbs when calculating energy balance. While it does (in a bomb calorimeter), excess protein consumed in the body only adds about 20% of original value to your energy balance due to the way it is processed into usable energy.

Protein used for wear & tear of tissue or synthesis of new tissue is just raw material building blocks, and has no bearing on energy balance.
    Any protein beyond this requirement is converted to glucose with 57% efficiency (so you lose 43% of energy content during conversion), then requires toxic nitrogen component to be eliminated which costs another approx 30-35%.

So you only net a small fraction of excess protein as usable energy that counts towards energy balance. Thats why high protein is so effective for weight loss & can actually hamper size gains in people with fast metabolisms that struggle getting enough usable calories in.
    Where did you find this? I know that gluconeogenesis has around a 70% efficiency, but do you have any studies that show only 20-25% of excess protein is usable.
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew