Ghostex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I take creatine?

People in my family are telling me not to since my dad's side has a history of kidney disease. Im currently taking 3 servings a day. Im also 19 years old if that matters. Should I stop taking it?
    Last edited by Ghostex; 08-16-2020 at 11:13 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you don't actually have kidney disease then it should be fine. Remember creatine is not some drug, it's just an organic acid that occurs naturally in many foods.

As always, if in doubt, ask your doctor. We can't give medical advice.

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If it's a health concern don't ask random internet people, ask a doctor.

In the meantime: Go to 1 serving a day, as there is no need to ever take more than 3-5g daily.

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ghostex View Post
    People in my family are telling me not to since my dad's side has a history of kidney disease. Im currently taking 3 servings a day. Im also 19 years old if that matters. Should I stop taking it?
    Think its best to get medical advice on this one based on family medical history. For most people it is fine.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've used creatine for at least a decade. I've never had any problems. Most literature recommends 5 grams per day.

yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourinception has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The standard daily dosage is 3-5 mg, so if you stick to that, you should be on the safe side. You can also cycle it now and then (for example, take it for 3-4 weeks, then stay 1 week off)

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yourinception View Post
    The standard daily dosage is 3-5 mg, so if you stick to that, you should be on the safe side. You can also cycle it now and then (for example, take it for 3-4 weeks, then stay 1 week off)
    Why would you ever cycle creatine? The only advice he should be getting here is to talk to his doctor.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    By 3 servings a day do you mean 3-5g creatine 3 times per day? If so i would be worried about gas and diarrhea. You got a stomach of steel!

From Examine.com
    In people with healthy kidneys, long-term creatine supplementation is safe, but there are no long-term creatine studies in people with kidney issues. For these people, using a low dose of creatine (if any) would be prudent.

——
    I suggest lowering your dosage.
    Last edited by b_andersson; 08-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Why would you ever cycle creatine? The only advice he should be getting here is to talk to his doctor.
    I wouldnt cycle creatine.