Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Misc Chefs, I need your help srs

I have a very serious problem, I can't cook for myself for chit. I'm wasting money eating out (I can afford it, but I'd rather save the money) and I wanna learn to cook impressive healthy dishes.

Every time I make chicken it's pale, flavorless, bland, and is like chewing on a tire. Call me lazy but I hate the prep time to set-up ingredients when the extra is just gonna go bad since I'm only cooking for myself, I hate the clean-up after (dishes/oil all over stove), how do I get motivated to take up cooking?

Also you guys merlin my omelette making skills? It's about the only thing I can make with some level of admiration. Although I'm still not on that Jaque Pepin time yet. Still trying to master the French style, getting pretty good at American style omelettes though.

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000) nineOHnine is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bachelor essentials 101
    Your Daddy

CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CherryPopinski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nineOHnine View Post

Bachelor essentials 101
    I've been thinking about getting one srs, I was thinking of trying to Pan Sear Chicken but I don't have oven safe pans. I only got non-stick stuff.

Worth the watch ^^^
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Gathering The Six Stones tunafishha's Avatar
    tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Depends on the meal but in general eating out is cheaper.

I go out and eat Pho every other day.
    *5'5 Purple Asian Titan*
    *(-1,707,191 point(s) total)*
    *Catholic*
    *Got called Ricky Tan by a black guy*

Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    Eating out is cheaper.
    Is it though? On days I work I don't even have time to eat breakfast in the morning, I graze on snacks all day from gas stations (fruit, protein snacks, nuts) then when I get home 9/10 times I Doordash, UberEats, or Postmates something. On my days off, other than cooking eggs every morning the situation is not much different. I'm sick of it.

-Socrates

Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eatforgains is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    to properly cook a chicken breast butterfly it.. as cut it in half through the center on the side... then 5 minutes per side

Crassiest Modulator Alive memcop's Avatar
    memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz memcop has the mod powerz
    Son. Like with anything in life gather a variety of opinions and then pick what is you and do.

I love to grill. Especially modern Hawaiian BBQ.

Trial and error. Do it.

If you're a kitchen guy which I am as well. Find the foods you LOVE the most and research the things you want to eat and try it.

You have little time on this earth. Eat well.
    Resident Cop Defender-In-Chief

Gathering The Six Stones tunafishha's Avatar
    tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tunafishha is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post
    Is it though? On days I work I don't even have time to eat breakfast in the morning, I graze on snacks all day from gas stations (fruit, protein snacks, nuts) then when I get home 9/10 times I Doordash, UberEats, or Postmates something. On my days off, other than cooking eggs every morning the situation is not much different. I'm sick of it.
    For me it is. I drive to the pho shop to eat. I don't uber it. My kitchen is clean and I aint got no mess to deal with. Pho is a very tedious dish to make.
    *5'5 Purple Asian Titan*
    *(-1,707,191 point(s) total)*
    *Catholic*
    *Got called Ricky Tan by a black guy*

Originally Posted by nineOHnine View Post
    Not if you lift .

Steak 3 times a day boyo
    That further compounds my dilemma, I lift but I eat like chit.

-Socrates

Originally Posted by Eatforgains View Post
    to properly cook a chicken breast butterfly it.. as cut it in half through the center on the side... then 5 minutes per side
    Honestly I thought about just buying one of these, cause this guy literally exposed me for my poverty chicken cooking skills.

-Socrates

FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FrankGrimes29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not a chef, but can make some good dishes.

Easy way to start is pick your form of cooking you will be doing the most. Pan cooking, oven cooking, crock pot cooking, grill cooking, flat top grill cooking, etc. Then buy a cookbook for that.Then follow the recipe and cook times. You will make mistakes. You will make good dishes. Note what you did that made it taste great. Note what you did wrong or think you did wrong and don't do that again.

It takes time. But it also takes effort.

An easy meal I make for lunch and dinner for 2 days is this. Make 3-4 cups of white rice. Pan cook 3lbs total of beef pre made patties (or make your own with ground beef). Put extra virgin olive oil on both sides and use steak seasoning. Then pan cook some veggies you like in oil and butter or tallow. Then cut up the beef and mix it all together. Now you have rice, meat, and veggies, then use chicken stock to pour over it to make it a little juicier and easier to eat quick. Add salt as needed.

You can throw that into four separate tubs for lunch and dinner. 1 patty, 1/4 of the rice you cooked, and 1/4 of the veggies you cooked in each one. Pour chicken stock on it for moisture and a little extra flavor.

Now you don't have to think about cooking for two days or can think of something else simple to do. You learn to enjoy the process because you know you are eating well, healthy, and exactly what you used to cook it. Plus saving money.

Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do you get motivated for anything?

Sometimes you just do it.

homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) homersexual is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Youtube for everything. There's no excuse nowadays for not knowing how to cook tasty meals.

edit: and your eggs are burnt -- flip them sooner.
    -SF Gigantes y SF 49ers-

Originally Posted by Kay4Kool View Post
    How do you get motivated for anything?

Sometimes you just do it.
    Yea I actually stopped being a lazy POS and made this recipe 2 days ago, but my chicken came out like chit so it kinda ruined it.

-Socrates

wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000) wrastler163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    its nowhere close to cheaper eating out than eating in. I would say to brine your chicken, but since you seem minimalist, I'd recommend getting a big bottle of great value Italian dressing or whatever store you shop in, get their store brand Italian dressing and use that to marinate your chicken for 2+ hours, up to 24. if you're closer to 2 than 24, throw some soy sauce in there and that will help

Omlettes' not bad, but I prefer no brown/wet. Im picky about my omelettes.

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look up recipes that look good and follow them. It's really as simple as that.
    Unapproved sig line

Originally Posted by YellowTeeth View Post
    Step 1 is you MUST make serious Rate [meal] / 10 {PICS} threads on misc with pole. You get crucial critique and it motivates you to get higher pole results next time srs.

actually that's my only tip
    The next time I attempt to cook something I’ll do it srs

-Socrates

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea I actually stopped being a lazy POS and made this recipe 2 days ago, but my chicken came out like chit so it kinda ruined it.
    Why? You linked 2 cast iron pan videos ITT - did you use cast iron, too? I also made a chicken (thigh) in a creamy mushroom sauce (with lots of thyme) recently, and served it with roasted broccoli and rice.

This is a 'go to' simple meal. Like memcop said - enjoy eating. I love to cook because I love to eat. So why not love what you eat?

AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlwaysFocus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    Depends on the meal but in general eating out is cheaper.

I go out and eat Pho every other day.
    no its not

Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
    Why? You linked 2 cast iron pan videos ITT - did you use cast iron, too? I also made a chicken (thigh) in a creamy mushroom sauce (with lots of thyme) recently, and served it with roasted broccoli and rice.

This is a 'go to' simple meal. Like memcop said - enjoy eating. I love to cook because I love to eat. So why not love what you eat?
    No I’m thinking of buying a cast iron for this exact reason. Basically I spent two days defrosting my big block of chicken in the fridge. Took two days to seriously thaw completely.

Then I took it out after I prepared the portions for the recipe, threw some seasoning on it and tossed it into a non-stick pan that I heated some Avocado oil in. It came out ok, but after refrigerating the leftovers I discovered that my chicken was still bland, not overcooked but def unappetizing.

-Socrates

MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MBisonSon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's good if you make enough for a few days, saves you time and money.

As far as being motivated, you either wanna save time and money or you don't.

That's the carrot on the string.

As for making it taste good I prefer cooking thighs, and I'm leaving the skin on too I don't care.

I tried leaving the chicken in a brine and didn't notice a difference.

What will make a difference is a nice overnight marinade with some fresh herbs in there.

I bake the chicken though, never tried cast iron.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    stop using chicken breast, it's a garbage cut for anything other than shredding or using in soups

thighs are the superior cut and long marinades help chicken a lot

blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you have a propane grill? If not, invest in one. I probably use mine 300+ days a year. Convenient and easy for good pork chops, chicken, burgers, steaks, corn, etc. Idk what I would do without a grill
    Last edited by blazenbb; 08-16-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Originally Posted by blazenbb View Post
    Do you have a propane grill?
    Negative I’m thinking of buying a foreman grill or one those cheap little ones to setup in my backyard

-Socrates

DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've found the best way to cook chicken is on cast iron... heat it up until the oil is smoking and brown each side to lock in the moisture. Throw it in the pre-heated oven @ 400 and it comes out perfect every time. My go to seasoning is old-bay... I mix even parts old bay and flour and coat the chicken before throwing in the pan. Doesn't take long to brown each side.

Originally Posted by amikaelmorris View Post
    stop using chicken breast, it's a garbage cut for anything other than shredding or using in soups

thighs are the superior cut and long marinades help chicken a lot
    I want to stick close to a bodybuilding style diet though and chicken is a staple. For what it’s worth I do enjoy eating chicken but I can make it taste good for chit. I tried baking it, but not much difference I usually cook it in the pan, but I get annoyed cause oil splatters everywhere

-Socrates

Originally Posted by DeputyDong5 View Post
    I've found the best way to cook chicken is on cast iron... heat it up until the oil is smoking and brown each side to lock in the moisture. Throw it in the pre-heated oven @ 400 and it comes out perfect every time. My go to seasoning is old-bay... I mix even parts old bay and flour and coat the chicken before throwing in the pan. Doesn't take long to brown each side.
    That’s pan searing, I want to try that but my pans aren’t oven safe

-Socrates

DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeputyDong5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That’s pan searing, I want to try that but my pans aren’t oven safe
    pick-up a lodge cast iron at walmart for like $20. Look up how to season it in the oven... or I think you can buy them pre-seasoned. One of my best purchases. It also cooks a mean steak. Gordon Ramsay has a super easy video on it.

amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I want to stick close to a bodybuilding style diet though and chicken is a staple. For what it’s worth I do enjoy eating chicken but I can make it taste good for chit. I tried baking it, but not much difference I usually cook it in the pan, but I get annoyed cause oil splatters everywhere
    enjoy your garbage tasting food then

breast is literally impossible to cook well unless you sous vide it and sous vide chicken is weird

use thighs, enjoy a food that you can actually eat instead of torturing yourself because mens health says to, and find a way to cut the negligible fat calories from somewhere else

Originally Posted by amikaelmorris View Post
    enjoy your garbage tasting food then

breast is literally impossible to cook well unless you sous vide it and sous vide chicken is weird

use thighs, enjoy a food that you can actually eat instead of torturing yourself because mens health says to, and find a way to cut the negligible fat calories from somewhere else
    I’ll try to switch it up, but I want to eat healthy for sure. I have ground bison that I also eat, but I’ll look into cooking chicken thighs instead

-Socrates