nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000)

Intensity is gone

For the past year I have probably missed 6 months of training, because of moving abroad and the pandemic. I have stagnated, I am very motivated to start again once my quarantine ends in 2 weeks. All of my lifts have stagnated, but there seems to be a bigger underlying problem. I have always enjoyed lifting, but for the past year I do not have the same intensity. I do not push myself, sometimes I even just give up and lower the weight. This used to be a good habit, as I didn't get hurt. But, I have gotten too comfortable with the gym, once it starts getting hard i just leave it.
    Any tips how to refind my intensity?

feminine and fast-twitch etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you mean by 'I used to habitually push myself and I didn't get hurt'? Does that mean you are now afraid of getting hurt...using weight that really is too heavy for you and you end up sacrificing good form or straining too much on most sets? Do you feel you tend to push/test your boundaries too much on a regular basis? If you truly did, your body would let you know. You'd be too tired to train, much less consistently produce your normal level of intensity/effort or force production (power).

You have to give yourself a break too. You moved abroad. That is a MAJOR lifestyle adjustment that would be stressful for ANYONE! So cut yourself some slack and just think positive thoughts when you hit the gym again (only 2 weeks away, huh?!!).

Congratulations on your gym opening up!!!!! I'm excited for you!! I bet many people here would love to be in your position, as they are still (anxiously) awaiting their fate... It's been very difficult for everyone without home gyms! I say this though: If you can patiently last 6 whole months without any training, then you are certainly tough enough to power through any rough patches you encounter once you find your flow again. That's how you have to think once training becomes "too" difficult. You just have to grit your teeth and not accept failure or stagnation. You cannot cheat yourself out of doing what YOU, personally, are capable of. Remember your proudest achievements and aim for that gradually, letting it unwind at your own pace.

I'm assuming, of course, that you DON'T have ANY injuries or medical issues!!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    What do you mean by 'I used to habitually push myself and I didn't get hurt'? Does that mean you are now afraid of getting hurt...using weight that really is too heavy for you and you end up sacrificing good form or straining too much on most sets? Do you feel you tend to push/test your boundaries too much on a regular basis? If you truly did, your body would let you know. You'd be too tired to train, much less consistently produce your normal level of intensity/effort or force production (power).

You have to give yourself a break too. You moved abroad. That is a MAJOR lifestyle adjustment that would be stressful for ANYONE! So cut yourself some slack and just think positive thoughts when you hit the gym again (only 2 weeks away, huh?!!).

Congratulations on your gym opening up!!!!! I'm excited for you!! I bet many people here would love to be in your position, as they are still (anxiously) awaiting their fate... It's been very difficult for everyone without home gyms! I say this though: If you can patiently last 6 whole months without any training, then you are certainly tough enough to power through any rough patches you encounter once you find your flow again. That's how you have to think once training becomes "too" difficult. You just have to grit your teeth and not accept failure or stagnation. You cannot cheat yourself out of doing what YOU, personally, are capable of. Remember your proudest achievements and aim for that gradually, letting it unwind at your own pace.

I'm assuming, of course, that you DON'T have ANY injuries or medical issues!!
    I was not clear, I have not been to the gym for the past month, not the past 6. I meant to say that I have been on and off with the gym, because of moving and the pandemic.(in total I missed 6 of the last 12 months)

Thanks for the pep talk, you are right. Next time it gets hard, I will remember this post, greet my teeth and push through it!

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you feel your intensity has gone down several notches, try thinking about your fears. For my part, I'm afraid of insidious diseases such as heart issues, cancer, aneurysm, and the like. Any time my intensity at the gym wanes, I'd think about those fears. Before you know it, I'm cranking out reps like a madman again.