elitspressing is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rotator cuff, i can't even start

Hello,
    I tried returning to gym 2 days ago and got my shoulder very painful until now.. (hurts to lift arm, hurts even if i dont move it)
    The exercises i done and it felt painful: lat pulldown, cable rows, shoulder dumbbell press very light weight.
    I got a bad history of problems at my right shoulder, : i tried to start training 2 years(!!!!) ago and left the gym because of the same problem.
    Done xray, done ultrasound shoulder test, been through physical therapy a few times.
    Been through personal trainer session and i was able to do pull ups with manageable soreness just one week ago.
    Im a BEGINNER at bodybuilding.
    Any advice would help me Because im getting desperate

Registered User letsfixthatform's Avatar
    letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by elitspressing View Post
    Hello,
    I tried returning to gym 2 days ago and got my shoulder very painful until now.. (hurts to lift arm, hurts even if i dont move it)
    The exercises i done and it felt painful: lat pulldown, cable rows, shoulder dumbbell press very light weight.
    I got a bad history of problems at my right shoulder, : i tried to start training 2 years(!!!!) ago and left the gym because of the same problem.
    Done xray, done ultrasound shoulder test, been through physical therapy a few times.
    Been through personal trainer session and i was able to do pull ups with manageable soreness just one week ago.
    Did the doctors say anything about what was going on? There are a myriad of issues that could be going on. First place is of course a medical professional. If they check you out and give you a green light then I would start looking at mobility and form issues. It’s very easy to think you are performing a lift/movement correctly because it LOOKS correct on the surface but in actuality there may be certain muscles being used in the incorrect position. I had a similar problem years ago. Don’t force a movement and risk further injury. As with anything, make sure you get a clean bill of health from your doc before trying something on your own to fix it.
    ISSA CPT
    ISSA BB spclst
    Worlds okayest lifting coach

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by elitspressing View Post
    Hello,
    have you ever checked the mobility mostly internal rotation? maybe ur subscap is too weak to prevent anterior gliding. It can be many things though from mobility - stability to posture issues.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Educate yourself on the shoulder. I went through a six month ordeal with an inflamed shoulder, until I sought help and got a thorough education on proper shoulder care. In my case, it was all my own doing, with really bad form. I found it important to continue strengthening the shoulder, but pay attention to the form. I did a few months of band work. And by paying attention to the shoulder positioning while pressing I was able to resume lifting, and the problem disappeared.