Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ironmaster Super Bench Pro

Hi guys,

So I’ve managed to preorder the Ironmaster Superbench Pro with attachments and the Quick Lock Dumbbell set.

Since pre ordering though I’ve read some people mentioning the seat is too low for incline and vertical work, can anyone confirm this? I’ve agonised over which bench to buy (from the UK) and settled on this one. Has anyone had any issues with this bench? It looks like a solid choice for a home gym.

Cheers.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you are incredibly tall there should be an issue.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudebro91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Unless you are incredibly tall there should be an issue.
    Ah okay, I’m 6’1 so hopefully shouldn’t be an issue. Some say the bench is too narrow, is this a recognised problem? I’m also hoping I can attach the wheels the other way around, it seems backwards to me!
    Last edited by Dudebro91; 08-15-2020 at 04:35 AM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dudebro91 View Post
    Ah okay, I’m 6’1 so hopefully shouldn’t be an issue. Some say the bench is too narrow, is this a recognised problem? I’m also hoping I can attach the wheels the other way around, it seems backwards to me!
    While in the upright position it might feel a little low, but again it shouldn't really cause problems. The bench pad width is fine, but if you want they also have the hybrid pad that's 12" wide. It has alot of nice features and options.

While in the upright position it might feel a little low, but again it shouldn't really cause problems. The bench pad width is fine, but if you want they also have the hybrid pad that's 12" wide. It has alot of nice features and options.
    Brilliant thanks a lot. I was won away by the attachment options (particularly leg extension/curl and crunch attachments). Just a shame it’s the dispatch times have been further delayed!

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It has a few different locations to raise the seat , but I find their system to be a bit flimsy the way the additional seat locks in , no issues yet , but I’m wondering about longevity.

I have the leg curl attachment,but don’t actually use . Seemed ok during the first few times .
    I really like the bar that attaches to the end so you have something to grab onto during leg raises .
    I don’t have the curl attachment in case your wondering, so I can’t give you a review .
    I love the system for raising and lowering it , and the fact that it has wheels.

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    It has a few different locations to raise the seat , but I find their system to be a bit flimsy the way the additional seat locks in , no issues yet , but I’m wondering about longevity.

I have the leg curl attachment,but don’t actually use . Seemed ok during the first few times .
    I really like the bar that attaches to the end so you have something to grab onto during leg raises .
    I don’t have the curl attachment in case your wondering, so I can’t give you a review .
    I love the system for raising and lowering it , and the fact that it has wheels.
    Wow that’s a major setup you have there! Thank you for your feedback on the item, kind of reassuring knowing I haven’t made a mistake in ordering.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow that’s a major setup you have there! Thank you for your feedback on the item, kind of reassuring knowing I haven’t made a mistake in ordering.
    I think you'll like it. You can order a second set of wheels if you want them on the opposite end. I really appreciate that I can store it vertically as well.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Is the seat that curvy piece hanging on the wall in another post?

Also, You did not like the lever arm part of the Powertec machine? Just curious.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 08-15-2020 at 03:10 PM.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I think you'll like it. You can order a second set of wheels if you want them on the opposite end. I really appreciate that I can store it vertically as well.
    Mine has wheels on both sides and the hybrid pad. Got used by my son's friend who is 6'1" or maybe 6'2" for flat/incline/seated military press for most of the summer.

Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Mine has wheels on both sides and the hybrid pad. Got used by my son's friend who is 6'1" or maybe 6'2" for flat/incline/seated military press for most of the summer.
    That’s interesting to know I can add a set of wheels to both sides, something I may look in to getting. How do you find the hybrid pad?

That’s interesting to know I can add a set of wheels to both sides, something I may look in to getting. How do you find the hybrid pad?
    Did the same thing to mine, it's nice having wheels on both sides and I'm looking to add that hybrid pad as soon as it's back in stock. Heard great things about the grippy material and the firm padding. Although the original pad is a big improvement over the regular Super Bench. My only gripe with the bench is that it doesn't have handles for mobility.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did the same thing to mine, it's nice having wheels on both sides and I'm looking to add that hybrid pad as soon as it's back in stock. Heard great things about the grippy material and the firm padding. Although the original pad is a big improvement over the regular Super Bench. My only gripe with the bench is that it doesn't have handles for mobility.
    What he said ^

I may actually make a handle. I'm just learning to weld and that seems like an easy project, although moving the bench is pretty easy even without it.
    I love the hybrid pad. I prefer the narrower side for incline and the wider side for flat bench, so it's a best of both worlds situation for me and one of the main reasons I bought the bench. I expect others will start offering it soon. Even with normal bench with separate pads, it would work, and the concept isn't likely patent-able. When I was drawing up a custom bench, I had that feature on it.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I bought the SuperBench Pro just before the pandemic. I love it. I did put the wheels on the other end. I don't want anything under my feet when I'm kneeing up dumbbells and it works just fine. The only attachments I have are the decline and the preacher curl. I really love the preacher curl. I just use the decline for doing incline crunches. I haven't tried their leg curl/extension, I have a dedicated one.
    There are two heights for the seat pad. I use the lower one for doing anything on the incline, I prefer a lower incline seat anyway. I use the higher one for doing seated presses, it's fine and I'm 6'
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I bought the SuperBench Pro just before the pandemic. I love it.
    IM has done an excellent job making some minor tweaks to their already time tested design. Not that they need to, but if they ever decided to join the 'Commercial' scene and make a $500+ version I think they would destroy the competition. Legend, Rogue, Prime, and even the popular REP options could't compete with the functionality of an IM 'Commercial' Pro. But understandably some people will avoid a 'Residential' quality bench just because it's not brand name popular or incredibly overbuilt. I totally get that though, almost did the same thing and got a Legend 3103 just because the brand would match my new rack. But similar to the CAP+ Commercial bench, I'm still convinced that if Legend 3103 owners ever got their hands on one they'd recommend others save the $300-$350 and buy the knockoff. So I'm just going to enjoy the bench and spend that money in other places. Ordered the IM rack attached landmine and Rogue landmine handle today to add some variability to my setup

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IM has done an excellent job making some minor tweaks to their already time tested design. Not that they need to, but if they ever decided to join the 'Commercial' scene and make a $500+ version I think they would destroy the competition. Legend, Rogue, Prime, and even the popular REP options could't compete with the functionality of an IM 'Commercial' Pro. But understandably some people will avoid a 'Residential' quality bench just because it's not brand name popular or incredibly overbuilt. I totally get that though, almost did the same thing and got a Legend 3103 just because the brand would match my new rack. But similar to the CAP+ Commercial bench, I'm still convinced that if Legend 3103 owners ever got their hands on one they'd recommend others save the $300-$350 and buy the knockoff. So I'm just going to enjoy the bench and spend that money in other places. Ordered the IM rack attached landmine and Rogue landmine handle today to add some variability to my setup

I'm looking to get the IM SuperBench Pro when they re-stock them again to use with the leverage system as a multi-functional station all in one, decline leverage presses will certainly be interesting with it...not to mention extremely safe using high volume on it.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I'm looking to get the IM SuperBench Pro when they re-stock them again to use with the leverage system as a multi-functional station all in one, decline leverage presses will certainly be interesting with it...not to mention extremely safe using high volume on it.
    Decline will be interesting, I couldn't seem to make it feel comfortable on the BS leverage machine. The path felt strange, it was either too high on my chest or felt like I was pressing it too far away from me. I plan on adding decline's to my rack setup, going all barbell for a long while now that the rack is here

T1Ron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 5'7" and I find the seat a little low for incline. And, I don't like how the incline "seat" moves around- if I had the time/energy, I'd rig up something to lock it down, but it's not that big of a deal to me.
    I love the flat bench, as it has no gap. And, it works great as a decline for me... no issues at all. Honestly, I like this bench better than many I've used in gyms. Plus, the foot pedal to raise/lower is genius.

Originally Posted by T1Ron View Post
    I'm 5'7" and I find the seat a little low for incline.
    Interesting. I'm 5'8" or 5'9 and prefer the lower of the two seat heights for incline at 20 or 30 degrees.
    What incline setting do you use?

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Decline will be interesting, I couldn't seem to make it feel comfortable on the BS leverage machine. The path felt strange, it was either too high on my chest or felt like I was pressing it too far away from me. I plan on adding decline's to my rack setup, going all barbell for a long while now that the rack is here
    Right on! I might have to try raising the front of my Rogue Adjustable 2.0 bench with the deficit blocks I made to try decline in the rack one day (if I don't slide off during the movement). As for the IM SuperBench Pro it'll come in handy to free up the Legend 3103 for the DB area, or maybe vice versa.

That's a really interesting point you make about equipment being incredibly overbuilt and unnecessarily engineered. All it seems to do is increase the cost.

Great setup by the way!

That's a really interesting point you make about equipment being incredibly overbuilt and unnecessarily engineered. All it seems to do is increase the cost.

Great setup by the way!
    Haha, thanks man! Stay here long enough and eventually your mind will get warped just like the rest of us equipment sluts LOL. I'm probably more lunatic than most with buying and selling equipment, but I enjoy trying out new things and I'm always on the hunt for those rare items that seem to outperform brands 2-3x the price. Before the IM Pro I had a commercial Cybex 5435 which is one of my favorite benches of all time, but honestly the IM performs so well I haven't given selling it a second thought. Sometimes you'll find that the equipment that fits you best ends up being the more affordable option. This is another one of my favorite benches that I mentioned above, I'll likely buy another in the future to have as a DB bench, it's a BEAST!

https://wfathleticsupply.com/cap-7-p...-wheels-black/

T1Ron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Interesting. I'm 5'8" or 5'9 and prefer the lower of the two seat heights for incline at 20 or 30 degrees.
    What incline setting do you use?
    I don't know the measure in degrees, but I do incline bench/dumbbell press 3 or 4 clicks from flat.

On a separate note, I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for all Ironmaster stuff.

I don't know the measure in degrees, but I do incline bench/dumbbell press 3 or 4 clicks from flat.

On a separate note, I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for all Ironmaster stuff.
    0,5,10,20,30 degrees. not sure if the next is 40 or 45.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Is the seat that curvy piece hanging on the wall in another post?

Also, You did not like the lever arm part of the Powertec machine? Just curious.
    Yes that’s the seat . It’s really the only part that’s a tad under designed imo .

Not sure what the lever arm is on the Powertec?
    Make Misc great again

You know I’d be curious to know more about the products as well. The cable tower looks interesting, I have a very small footprint availability at home and being able to replicate a cable machine for low rows, pulldown, and all the other isolation exercises I did in the gym would be ideal.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes that’s the seat . It’s really the only part that’s a tad under designed imo .

Not sure what the lever arm is on the Powertec?
    Isn't this machine the one you are using for pulldowns?
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Isn't this machine the one you are using for pulldowns?
    It’s very similar but not exactly the same. Mine didn’t have the middle section that holds those plates .
    Apparently Protec made different versions
    Make Misc great again

Interesting. I do see other machines pop up that I wish they still made.

tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tytw00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I ordered my bench on Aug 14 from an authorized seller in Canada. I assume mine is new stock since they were previously sold out for a few months and quickly went back to out of stock after I made my order. I received it a few days ago and just opened it. Surprisingly the wheels are on the wider bottom piece (rather than the narrower piece). Perhaps ironmaster has fixed the wheel placement issue?
    Attached Images