gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainsgoblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone lifting in a room with wooden floors? Can I deadlift in here?

So these floors are plywood or something, been lifting fine on bare flooring but I'm debating getting some stall mats or maybe crash pads so I can start incorporating deadlifts again. Just worried because I've seen photos of people cracking concrete under their stall mats when they're putting up big #s. Has anyone tried dropping weights in their rooms or apartments with any sort of success? What's your setup like if so?
    I'm-not-lifting-to-compensate-for-my-height Crew

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't drop the weights, but floors/rafters etc. are made for 1000s of lbs. of weight (like a bathtub filled with water and a human, more weight than you think!).

I would def. put rubber mats though, you will probably damage/split/punch through the plywood.

I made these "crash pads" with 2 layers of camping sleeping pads glued to the bottom of stall mats (2x2'). Worked well.
    Attached Images

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    I train in my bedroom and the house has a crawl space underneath. I'm going to add some jacks and support under the house when I install my new squat rack, and I'm cautious when doing heavy lifts off the floor. One thing that helped me was adding the plywood platform under my weight bench, but obviously I don't deadlift there. I also marked where my floor joists are, so I try to hit close to joists when deadlifting/bent rows/etc.

My platform has horse stall mat just in the area where I set DB's down, and the other half where I do abs/dips/pullups has high density carpet padding (white in color, liquid resistant, MUCH lighter than heavy stall mat!!!). Then I put a layer of Berber carpet over the entire board (trap the stall mat smell, plus it looks like it belongs in my room more than horse stall mat).

You could put the HD carpet padding on the underside of plywood, and then stall mat on the topside, even if the plywood was only 24"x 24" squares, one under each side of your barbell when you deadlift. Fact is, concrete floors are best, but you can make due with what you have and still enjoy training. My platform is over 100lbs and a total pain to move, so smaller (movable) ones may be better for deadlifts and such. My 2 cents....
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I remember from somewhere that the weight capacity of wooden floors in the USA is not suited to heavy lifting.

A quick search

https://alleghenydesign.com/how-much...floor-support/

30 lbs per square foot
    10 x 10 x 30 = 3,000 lbs

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/house...standards.html

Drops are not a good idea
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-