Registered User rocknrollguitar's Avatar
    rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100)

Hammer curls at peak rep, inner elbow sensation, anyone?

I just newly did a good set of hammer curls and felt friction of some sort at the inner joint when my arms were fully rep'd together, I think it may probably be the veins or inner muscles clashing as the joint area is tensed yet bending at the same time.

Is this normal or? It feels quite odd.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have any pre-existing injuries? Might be exacerbating them if so. If not - i'd suspect it's just your body going through it's response to a newly introduced stimulus. Personally I love hammers and always try and include them in any routine i'm doing during the week. They add width(you see a lot of people with great height/peak in their bicep, but it looks skinny from the side because of a lack of this), hit the lower bicep, involve both flexors and extensors, the brachioradialis, brachialis, a severely underrated bang for your buck exercise. Anyways, about the joint issue - are you using too heavy a weight? Your body might be telling you to lighten it a little for now, and move up when you build up to a higher amount later. Always try and listen to what your body is telling you when you workout, it'll save your life.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Registered User rocknrollguitar's Avatar
    rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100) rocknrollguitar is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Do you have any pre-existing injuries? Might be exacerbating them if so. If not - i'd suspect it's just your body going through it's response to a newly introduced stimulus. Personally I love hammers and always try and include them in any routine i'm doing during the week. They add width(you see a lot of people with great height/peak in their bicep, but it looks skinny from the side because of a lack of this), hit the lower bicep, involve both flexors and extensors, the brachioradialis, brachialis, a severely underrated bang for your buck exercise. Anyways, about the joint issue - are you using too heavy a weight? Your body might be telling you to lighten it a little for now, and move up when you build up to a higher amount later. Always try and listen to what your body is telling you when you workout, it'll save your life.
    Was using a band, feels light when not rep'd and probably a little too heavy when rep'd, so I'll either use a weight or lighter band tension, cheers.