fatpigkenny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Decision time - advice required

Hi all,

I am 5’8, was 178 pounds 6 months ago. Now 160. Age 36. I did calorie deficit, and weights. No cardio as my skin gets itchy.

I am now at the point where I need to decide to keep cutting or bulk. Still a little bit of love handle, and tiny bit of lower man boobs.

You advice is greatly appreciated. Pic in profile

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fatpigkenny View Post
    Hi all,

I am 5’8, was 178 pounds 6 months ago. Now 160. Age 36. I did calorie deficit, and weights. No cardio as my skin gets itchy.

I am now at the point where I need to decide to keep cutting or bulk. Still a little bit of love handle, and tiny bit of lower man boobs.

You advice is greatly appreciated. Pic in profile
    It really depends on your short and long-term goals. What is most important to you? Strength, aesthetics, size, general health, etc...

How much lean muscle mass do you estimate you can put on over the course of a year? How much weight gained will be fat vs. lean muscle mass over the course of your planned bulk? What level of body fat increase are you willing to endure in exchange for strength and size?

In general, whether competing or not, I generally advise not to stray too far from one's ideal "stage weight" when bulking. We can only put on so much lean muscle. It is far easier to pack on fat at an incredibly rapid rate, however.

Hopefully, with all of the above to ponder, doing so will enable you to arrive at an answer that is most suitable to your aims.

Good luck!
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

Thanks Alisa and Coach Joe

Originally Posted by gymlover218 View Post
    I see your body shape is good. Its depend on you what is your goal. If your weight increases don't worry your shape become better
    Thanks gymlover. Chicken breast here I come!