Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Travis99 View Post
    I’m no Brian May but I can get girls to pay attention to me if I pick up a guitar.
    Work on your singing while playing guitar, and they'll **** you. Work on your guitar chops, and guys will also pay attention when you pick up a guitar.

I would have said something like “root notes are like a period at the end of a sentence.”
    Keep practicing and work on your ears, and you'll find other forms of punctuation in you solos.

Do you play an instrument?
    Of course, several.
    djt = light
    light = divine truth

transitive law: if a is equal to b and b is equal to c, then a is equal to c

Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Travis99 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    Work on your singing while playing guitar, and they'll **** you. Work on your guitar chops, and guys will also pay attention when you pick up a guitar.

Keep practicing and work on your ears, and you'll find other forms of punctuation in you solos.

Of course, several.
    You actually sound like someone I would talk to in real life here, and you’re probably a pretty cool guy. It’s a shame we have let politics divide the country like it has.

Saying that I wish I would have learned to play piano first, it would have been easier to understand “ steps” and things like 1 3 5 vs learning on a guitar. It’s easier to recognize the patterns on a piano.
    There is no they…

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You actually sound like someone I would talk to in real life here, and you’re probably a pretty cool guy. It’s a shame we have let politics divide the country like it has.
    I have several friends with whom I disagree with on their political positions. We get along just fine and give each other **** without incident. I play well with others. Even Bullitt, who has said on several occasions that he wants to punch me in the face, would be cool with me in real life, and after an hour or so of chilling at the bar, he'd probably want us to get into a bar fight together to do some bonding, lol, j/k.

Saying that I wish I would have learned to play piano first, it would have been easier to understand “ steps” and things like 1 3 5 vs learning on a guitar. It’s easier to recognize the patterns on a piano.
    It's easier to learn/relate theory on a piano, for sure, due to the visual nature of it. The format of the guitar is both a blessing and a curse; that is, it's easy to transpose into different keys, say from G major to Gb major by just playing everything one fret lower while being oblivious to what actual notes one is playing, whereas you can't do that on piano.

However, there are multiple positions with multiple fingerings that must be mastered, so I think it's a wash in the long-run in terms of work required. The guitar would be significantly easier, say for jazz, if the B and high E string were tuned to C and F due to the all shapes being identical positionally across string groups, but it blows for cowboy chords and basic barre chords.
    djt = light
    light = divine truth

transitive law: if a is equal to b and b is equal to c, then a is equal to c