Closed Thread
    KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Considerations and Requirements for Opening a Dispensary?

Hoping someone here may have some knowledge on this industry, or even the liquor industry which probably has a lot of legal and business crossover.

Recreational marijuana isn't legal in Texas yet but it's a mater of time before it's legalized federally. I own a small building in a nearby town, and right now it's being used as a day care by an older woman, but she's been mentioning with increased frequency that she's thinking of retiring the business. I'm considering, depending on what the legal state of things are when she decides to close up shop, converting the building into my own dispensary business. I feel like if things line up well with the timing, I may be able to open a dispensary soon after or if it becomes legal in Texas.

Obvious things to consider
    *License fee for operating and selling under a recreational dispensary
    *Credit card/Accountant/Legal fees
    *Employment, Payrolls, Coverage
    *Inventory, Security, Insurance

Anything big here that I'm missing or not thinking of? From what I've heard, the license fees for a recreational dispensary (using Colorado as an example) should only amount to $7000 up front, plus $1800 annual for renewal, but I've heard that there's some bullchit that's going on where they'll only print off say 30 available licenses for a year in a district, and then they will price gouge those licenses over what they should cost, or they just get lapped up by larger businesses/tycoons before any of the little guys have a chance to get the license.
    Soy muy autismo

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only thing I can comment on is the credit card fees. I use a Square reader for my side hustle. Square charges me 10 cents plus 2.6 percent of the transaction. A friend of mine has a liquor store, and does a lot more volume than I do. He pays around 2.5 percent in credit card fees on each transaction.

One way to possibly get around this is to have 2 prices. Cash price and credit card price. The c.c. price will be 3 percent higher than the cash price.

KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000) KathleenRyan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    The only thing I can comment on is the credit card fees. I use a Square reader for my side hustle. Square charges me 10 cents plus 2.6 percent of the transaction. A friend of mine has a liquor store, and does a lot more volume than I do. He pays around 2.5 percent in credit card fees on each transaction.

One way to possibly get around this is to have 2 prices. Cash price and credit card price. The c.c. price will be 3 percent higher than the cash price.
    Thank you for reminding me of that. I'll probably put up some signs that say 3-5% off for using cash.
    Soy muy autismo

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it becomes legal recreational and CA and CO are any indicator, the licensing for dispensaries will be ruled with an iron grip and extremely expenses. Chit in CA is ridiculous, there are like 10 legal massive corporate type dispensaries in San Diego and 100 illegal black market delivery services due to the licensing issue. I remember when license applications first opened, the application cost was something stupid like $10k or something with ZERO guarantees and I believe dozens and dozens of companies applied. 6 licenses were granted initially...

Hopefully TX is massively less corrupt than CA broham

JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JPG13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is the building in an affluent area/neighborhood?

When it went legal here in IL some nicer towns decided to not allow dispensaries within their limits.
    Mod Neg Crew
    Green to red Crew
    Red to Green Crew

Originally Posted by JPG13 View Post
    Is the building in an affluent area/neighborhood?

When it went legal here in IL some nicer towns decided to not allow dispensaries within their limits.
    The whole town is relatively small and middle of the road in terms of how "nice" it is. Not trashy, but not ritzy or stuck up either. Small Texas town.

Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    If it becomes legal recreational and CA and CO are any indicator, the licensing for dispensaries will be ruled with an iron grip and extremely expenses. Chit in CA is ridiculous, there are like 10 legal massive corporate type dispensaries in San Diego and 100 illegal black market delivery services due to the licensing issue. I remember when license applications first opened, the application cost was something stupid like $10k or something with ZERO guarantees and I believe dozens and dozens of companies applied. 6 licenses were granted initially...

Hopefully TX is massively less corrupt than CA broham
    I've heard things about that as well, but nothing really concrete and I don't know what to expect. This all seems like it'd be REALLY easy if things just "work like they're supposed to", but I'm concerned with it being a corrupt system like you've already said.
    Soy muy autismo

Real talk, peace. BobLoblawBrah's Avatar
    BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) BobLoblawBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Offer to work an West Coast dispensary in Oregon or LA, find out which is best, then try to be a franchisee when the doors open.

I dated your mom keyboardworkout's Avatar
    keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    insurance and security are gonna be huge

dispensaries are frequently targeted for burglaries

during the civil unrest in Cali an ungodly amount of dispensaries were robbed when cops weren't responding to much of anything because they were busy with protestors

43 in one weekend alone https://sfist.com/2020/06/03/pot-dis...nd-california/
    My 1 year natty transformation thread --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157144143

My workout log --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150448553

Best Gym Lifts / Best Competition lifts (raw)

Squat: lol fml
    Bench Press: 400 / 380
    Deadlift: 650 / 585

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz
    Please reread the forum rules before posting about this topic again.
    USMC/USN Crew
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Who's else is out of Prison?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    MWC