Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: UFC 252 Thread

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zere0wn View Post
    Anyone who thinks Fedor isn't the GOAT HW is a newb. Go watch pride. Prime Fedor with yesterdays skills would beat prime Stipe today.
    This.
    Lickle Warrior / Hulkamaniac

Tranny Crew.

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    When I think about fedor and scrambling I think of Hendo sneaking out the back door and KO’ing fedor
    I would love to see you on the mats one day.
    Lickle Warrior / Hulkamaniac

Tranny Crew.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Fedor isn’t the goat tbh

He should’ve went to ufc to fight

The ufc is the measuring stick for greatness in the mma world snd he never made it there iirc

And I say this as a fan who watched pride when it was at its best and have seen all of his fights outside of pride.

At Fedor’s prime 2001-2005 and even passed that he faced a dozen top 10 guys in the world at that time, and beat them all, if you go and train in a real MMA gym where professionals and even champions train (highly recommended) and simply talk to them before and after your training, you will quickly be put in place and informed that Fedor is the GOAT and that’s that. It doesn’t matter what YOU think. You have to learn that

At the height of PRIDE HW division, UFC was NOT the measuring stick of MMA, PRIDE HW division was. And Fedor ruled that.
    UFC at that time and after PRIDE had Nog (Fedor beat him twice) AA and Tim, Fedor promptly took care of those guys, he was ranked #1 thus UFC fighters had to go to him, not the other way around.

Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fedor is the GOAT for me as well.

In his prime he had no weaknesses, if there was an unexploitable fighter, it was Fedor, you couldn't make a gameplan that took advantage of him.

He was also just as ferocious as Tyson, Fedor was a true fighter as opposed to an athlete.
    Alvey
    Malkoun
    Yakovlev
    Wood
    Harris
    Struve

All my life, been grindin' all my life
    Sacrificed, hustle paid the price
    Want a slice? Got to roll the dice
    That's why, all my life, I been grindin' all my life

Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rai9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone that argues against Fedor GOAT statues has been watching MMA post 2009/Lesnar it's so obvious lol. Yeah, he got his ass kicked a few times from 2010+, but the guy dominated a whole decade at HW when the motherfuker is natural MW. I'd love for any of Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones, whoever to go two weight classes above and absolutely dominating.
    Manchester United
    Anthony Martial Crew
    Always pick 4 crew
    Do whatever the PHUCK I wanna do crew

OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
    If DC didn't hold on to Stipe(idk if it was dc holding on to stipe so he doesn't move backgrounds or if stipe just wanted to be on his face, but he only had his upper body movement there) when stipe was pounding on him the last seconds I think it was round 2, and Stipe could've went back and put in full power and motion to his strikes, could've he ended the round before the bell?
    anyone?

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know if Fedor is the GOAT HW but he's up there. He beat Nog and Cro Cop in their prime, dominated Nog twice when no one was doing that, and both Nog and Mirko were washed up when they got to the UFC and Nog still won the HW belt there when he was already past his prime.

When Fedor was on top in Pride they had the superior HW roster. People talk about all the easier fights Fedor took but thats how Pride worked... their top guys a lot of times would fight 3-5 times a year, 2-3 times against easier fighters just to showcase them and once or twice against top fighters... the top UFC guys were (and still usually are) only fighting once or twice a year anyways so it was basically the same thing.

The only knock against Fedor is that he fought for too long past his prime, as a lot of guys do. Maybe he took PED's but it's sports man, I'd say almost every top fighter in that era in any org did. Now with USADA it's harder but people still probably do it.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    At Fedor’s prime 2001-2005 and even passed that he faced a dozen top 10 guys in the world at that time, and beat them all, if you go and train in a real MMA gym where professionals and even champions train (highly recommended) and simply talk to them before and after your training, you will quickly be put in place and informed that Fedor is the GOAT and that’s that. It doesn’t matter what YOU think. You have to learn that

At the height of PRIDE HW division, UFC was NOT the measuring stick of MMA, PRIDE HW division was. And Fedor ruled that.
    UFC at that time and after PRIDE had Nog (Fedor beat him twice) AA and Tim, Fedor promptly took care of those guys, he was ranked #1 thus UFC fighters had to go to him, not the other way around.
    Those fighters could make the argument that fedor Is the goat and I could make one that he’s overrated.

I remember posting about the Pride ppvs on the misc as they happened. This was 2005.

I was one of the first 5 posters in this section on the day it was created.. this wAs 2006.

So while I may not hold the same expert opinion as the fighters. I’ve legit been following the sport of mma for a very long time way before I joined bb.com and I was between this board and sherdog talking about pride, and ufc.

Back when he was on top I did love watching him and I would tell everyone he was the greAtest at that time, even though Wand was my favorite then I still sang fedors praises. The mma landscape was different, but then and then alone he had to be the best it was the obvious answer. Since then however? He is in the goat conversation. But I’m not sold.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar matters) Crew

Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OttomanEmpire View Post
    anyone?
    Very possibly imo. I think stipe even mentioned that in the post-fight.

Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000) Zere0wn is just really nice. (+1000)
    FWIW Khabib recently said Fedor was the GOAT HW, and he's good friends with Cormier.

Still no one in the thread has made an argument on why Fedor isn't the goat.
    Last edited by Zere0wn; 08-17-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It’s subjective but Anderson, Brock, Hendo, Jones, Wand and CroCop I thought were all better at some point in their respective primes than fedor was.

GSP and Liddells names have been in the debate too.

I’m not a big fan of gsp fighting either . Again it’s all subjective.

AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000) AetasNitor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fedor isn’t the goat tbh

He should’ve went to ufc to fight

The ufc is the measuring stick for greatness in the mma world snd he never made it there iirc

And I say this as a fan who watched pride when it was at its best and have seen all of his fights outside of pride.
    lol when Fedor was in his prime the UFC HW champions were guys like Mir and Sylvia, both of whom he eventually smoked. The UFC HW division was largely a joke until guys like Cain and JDS put some life into it and they both slumped off hard. By the time that Stipe climbed to the top Fedor was already well out of his prime

Originally Posted by AetasNitor View Post
    lol when Fedor was in his prime the UFC HW champions were guys like Mir and Sylvia, both of whom he eventually smoked. The UFC HW division was largely a joke until guys like Cain and JDS put some life into it and they both slumped off hard. By the time that Stipe climbed to the top Fedor was already well out of his prime
    He should’ve debut when Couture was champion and won, maybe beat CroCop in Ufc, beat Gonzaga, Kongo basically so Brock can fight him and hopefully dethrone him.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He should’ve debut when Couture was champion and won, maybe beat CroCop in Ufc, beat Gonzaga, Kongo basically so Brock can fight him and hopefully dethrone him.

Fedor didn’t have to go prove himself in UFC, since Fedor was #1 and UFC HW division by Dana’s own admission was not good at the time. Vast majority of top HWs were in PRIDE during Fedor’s prime. MMA is about fighters, not promotions. If I now make a new promotion with no top fighters, but tons of TV ad money it does NOT mean that all top UFC guys must suddenly run over to my promotion and prove themselves if they want to be GOAT.

OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OttomanEmpire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very possibly imo. I think stipe even mentioned that in the post-fight.
    What did he mention?

thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thatsnarf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fedor was a monster. he was a small heavyweight killing everybody.

Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Droopdx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Didn’t expect 12 pages lol

Update: I still suck at ufc parlays

Rozenstruik
    O’Malley
    DC
    "Stop sitting back saying yeah man, I wanna be this, I wanna be that, grab your phucking nuts and be it" -Greg Plitt

Can't edit avi, mod tried to help but he couldn't figure it out either

chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chino3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    I would love to see you on the mats one day.
    Sign the waiver, boy

Still no one in the thread has made an argument on why Fedor isn't the goat.
    lol selective reading I see. People have been talking quite extensively about how he was juiced, too many wins were over cans, and when he faced real competition he got rekt. Again, a middleweight Hendo pushed his chit in.
    "It won't get better, just different."

none of those even mention his skill. but still, each one was refuted. Everyone was juiced, fought cans but it's HW and cans win all the time and he was fighting way more often. Faced "real competition" well past his prime. He beat some of the best ever. Prime cro cop probably even beats stipe.

Anyone can get caught, especially with an H bomb.

Now tell me, what is Stipe better than Fedor at?

Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Barteh View Post
    It's literally the pinnacle of the sport and if there were no weight classes the HWs would be the only fighters around (with some exceptions maybe)
    Pinnacle according to who? The main attracting of the HWs is the higher probability of finishes. Which is fine if you are able to overlook ****ty stand up and non-existent ground game. To me there's no excitement in watching plodding HWs stand and trade poorly executed strikes with the chance of one landing cleanly.

HW fights over the past 5 or so years in the UFC have gone two ways: out of shape fighters doing nothing on their feet and still getting gassed going to a decision or much of the same except a flash ko. There's no display of skills in the HW division. It also produces the most mismatches of any weight class.

But I get it. Most people want the exciting KO finish. But in terms of skill level and excitement, watching fighters gain and lose momentum, adjustments in fight, HW division offers nothing.

Originally Posted by IronProdigy View Post
    That is factually incorrect. The flyweight division will always hold that title. I still don't understand why it isn't dismantled. Also, GSP era was boring during his reign. Brock Lesnar, Cain, and JDS made the heavyweight division one of the best during the time.
    Cain is the only HW in the past decade that I've enjoyed watching in the UFC.

I'll just have to agree to disagree about you calling GSP era boring.

I mentioned earlier itt how I preferred brock vs dc happened instead.
    I meant Brock vs Dc would’ve been better because it’D be a much bigger draw. Brock entertained the hell out of me in ufc . Stipe could be a lot better.

My fav fights ever involve my two personal favorite fighters to watch all time. Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz.

the all time greats Mentioned entertained me more... I guess fedor could be better than any other Fighter in the history of mma? Im not sold but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

Ok so I will, right now in fact, go and re visit fedors career. His best fights, maybe a few highlight videos from YouTube.The ice cream cone selfies?

scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) scooterbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    MinisterOfLust: scooterbrah and Mcfreoko are the two worst posters here.

Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000) Abzu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Abzu View Post
    Based on odds

Vera
    Pineda
    Chavez
    Cormier
    Rozenstruick
    Dvalishvili

How bout now?
    Alvey
    Malkoun
    Yakovlev