Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    As a side note, am I the only one here who loves eggplant?
    Yes, next question?

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cooked- mushrooms, kohlrabi noodles, California blend
    raw- spinach, lettuce, cucumbers
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hello all,

To those of you who include plenty of fresh vegetables in your regular diet, what is your go-to produce item and what do you prefer about it?

A variety would be ideal, I realize, but bearing the space and preparation factors of fresh produce in mind, what "bulk" or base vegetable do you most often cook with and find the most advantageous?

I like cabbage for this purpose because it has a nice savory taste and stores compactly with a good shelf life.

About to take a trip to the store and would welcome suggestions.

Spinach, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Sprouts

Spinach steamed with fried egg, or fish
    Semi steamed with warm fried meat,
    Raw on a salad or smoothie.

Tomatoes as a snack, in soup, stew, salad, smoothie;

Onions and garlic as a base for anything;

Steamed broccoli with meat;
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

As a side note, am I the only one here who loves eggplant?
    No. I didn't cook them yet though. My boyfriend cooks them, with beans, pumpkin, squash, okra, sweet potatos, meat.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If I'm braising the meat, like a pork shoulder, then I'll add the veggies to the meat so they get that flavor. Celery, carrots, and onions are great for this (also kale). I will also shred veggies and add them to sauces.

I do love eggplant. I'll make eggplant parmigiana, dice it and add it to lasagna, shepherd's pie, sauté cook it with soy and garlic.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Spinach and bok choy are my go to’s.
    Plus I love going to the Asian supermarket and just loading up on all different types of greens and they are all like .29cents a lb.
    Good looking miscer crew *Rank 4*

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just tried a new simple dish and sautéed some kale and poured in egg whites after it was cooked down. Delicious!
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just tried a new simple dish and sautéed some kale and poured in egg whites after it was cooked down. Delicious!
    Sure hope it had sauce on it
    The power of carbs compels me!

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Sure hope it had sauce on it
    Nope, still tasty. Suggestions? I did use some butter with the kale, but certainly not enough to constitute a sauce.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nope, still tasty. Suggestions? I did use some butter with the kale, but certainly not enough to constitute a sauce.
    I would never find plain egg whites and kale tasty...

I mean at least use some salt and pepper dude... come now...

Better yet, salsa, sriracha, add in some bell pepper, or ketchup...

Egg whites are basically tasteless...

I would never find plain egg whites and kale tasty...

I mean at least use some salt and pepper dude... come now...

Better yet, salsa, sriracha, add in some bell pepper, or ketchup...

Egg whites are basically tasteless...
    Well believe it or not, I actually did. And also, while some of my favorite food tends to be pretty salty already (pizza, burgers, etc.), I almost never feel inclined to add salt to my food, even if it's plain or bland to begin with. That's not out of some kind of principle or aversion to saltiness, I just tend to enjoy the default flavor of most foods.

I'm a little surprised you of all people would say that kale by itself is unappealing, actually.

I'm a little surprised you of all people would say that kale by itself is unappealing, actually.
    Explain

Explain
    I assume you especially like the taste of vegetables because you talk about enjoying them a lot.

I assume you especially like the taste of vegetables because you talk about enjoying them a lot.
    Yeah, but just eating plain kale, spinach, romaine, with nothing but flavorless egg whites on them sounds like chewing on ice cubes....

Would it taste 'bad', no... but with a couple drops of hot sauce it would go from boring to decent in a matter of seconds.

Kind of like just eating plain oatmeal when you have cinnamon and stevia to make it that much better...

Yeah, but just eating plain kale, spinach, romaine, with nothing but flavorless egg whites on them sounds like chewing on ice cubes....

Would it taste 'bad', no... but with a couple drops of hot sauce it would go from boring to decent in a matter of seconds.

Kind of like just eating plain oatmeal when you have cinnamon and stevia to make it that much better...
    Yeah, I will probably add something else next time. This was the first time in a while I'd cooked with kale and was interested in the plain flavor this time. There's a delicious ghost chili salsa they sell at grocery stores near me that I'm particularly fond of, sometimes cutting it with something else like ketchup or a little mayonnaise. That would probably go well on this dish.