diegogon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can I grow muscles with just a little caloric deficit?

Im looking to start lifting but, I've read things about how to start and some rules like the calorie surplus rule, but there is a problem: I live with my parents and I don't have a job anymore because of the covid ... we are not very rich and my family dont support me in nothing (they think im obssessed with everything new i wanna do), so I know I couldn't beat the calories needed so easily every day (despite me thinking i eat a lot) to be able to gain my weight, so I'm afraid to start and never be able to change my body although I would be able to beat it eating very junk food... But im afraid that my waist will worsen up even more (i am a skinny guy but with a bit of fat) by eating a lot of trash or just eating too much...

The recommended diet for me to gain weight would be at 2500 calories, acording to some site calculations

Can I eat 2000-2200 with 2g/kg protein and still gain muscles?

Registered User perpendicularis's Avatar
    perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If youre not working your calorie expenditure may be low enough that you dont end up in deficit.

2g/Kg protein is plenty, basic foods are cheaper even than junk foods, you now have the time to prepare meals from basic ingredients.

But if youre after great taste as well, then its another matter, although your taste buds & neuro signals can reset after some time where you start to enjoy the most basic foods. Grow some herbs & shyt.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Post a picture. I'm suspecting that a calorie deficit is not the right advice for you.