BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone have a Powertec Multipress - Question

How come you can't do squats on it using the attachable bar? Can't one set the bench in the decline position and face outwards that way they have further room to go deeper?

Am I missing something here?

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this the piece you are talking about?
    I used to own this. I would imagine trying to squat on this you would have to have start very low in order to get any type of range of movement.
    you couldn't start high since you would not be able to reach the safety bar to remove it or put back.

shell gas station near me

BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG ACH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    Is this the piece you are talking about?
    I used to own this. I would imagine trying to squat on this you would have to have start very low in order to get any type of range of movement.
    you couldn't start high since you would not be able to reach the safety bar to remove it or put back.

shell gas station near me
    Yes that is the piece. Thank you for pointing that out, That would be the biggest drawback is you would start from the hole.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a multi-press. Pretty sure the pivot point is much lower than on the levergym. It just does not work.

I watched some YouTube videos and the above is correct.

Overhead press on multipress has you working in the upper part of the arc on the pivot. Flat bench works from just below the pivot point to slightly above when arms locked.

Flat bench on levergym is only in the bottom of the arc.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 08-13-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    I have a multi-press. Pretty sure the pivot point is much lower than on the levergym. It just does not work.

I watched some YouTube videos and the above is correct.

Overhead press on multipress has you working in the upper part of the arc on the pivot. Flat bench works from just below the pivot point to slightly above when arms locked.

Flat bench on levergym is only in the bottom of the arc.

Thanks for that input. Seems like a missed opportunity. Even Marcy was able to pull it off with their lever gym that was around a few years ago.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're looking to do leverage squats on one of these type of machines in addition to presses and rows, then I would recommend either the Powertec leverage system version of the unit, or the Body-Solid corner leverage system.

Consequently they'll cost more, but they can do multiple exercises and you can get creative with them and roll your own bench into one of them which you might prefer more, you can also try to obtain one for cheaper on the used market, or flip a few items to try and meet the difference on a new one.