Thread: Bulking help?

nathanh23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Bulking help?

I started my first serious bulk ever to try and gain weight about 7 days ago. I saw weight gain in the first 3 days from 143 to 145.8. Since then I have consistently eaten 3.2k calories a day and roughly 120g of protein a day as well. I am 5’11. The past 4 days I have weighed precisely 145.8. Obviously this is still very new but I expected to see more of an improvement at 5’11 and 143 pounds. Looking for some advice. Thank you. If anyone needs more details on my past weights etc. I’m happy to provide it. I am 18
    Last edited by nathanh23; 08-12-2020 at 12:04 PM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by nathanh23 View Post
    I started my first serious bulk ever to try and gain weight about 7 days ago. I saw weight gain in the first 3 days from 143 to 145.8. Since then I have consistently eaten 3.2k calories a day and roughly 120g of protein a day as well. I am 5’11. The past 4 days I have weighed precisely 145.8. Obviously this is still very new but I expected to see more of an improvement at 5’11 and 143 pounds. Looking for some advice. Thank you. If anyone needs more details on my past weights etc. I’m happy to provide it. I am 18
    Stay the course. Weight gain is not linear. Water fluctuations and such will impact daily weight. Most of your initial gain was likely water/glycogen. You don't need to gain more than 2 or 3 pounds a MONTH in a bulk. See where you are after 2 weeks.

nathanh23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Stay the course. Weight gain is not linear. Water fluctuations and such will impact daily weight. Most of your initial gain was likely water/glycogen. You don't need to gain more than 2 or 3 pounds a MONTH in a bulk. See where you are after 2 weeks.
    Appreciate the speedy response brother. I’ll be sticking to this for sure. Only 4 months ago I was 124 pounds from being sick. I’m happy with the progress I have made since that.