goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Training with bands?

This may be a stupid question but I know strength athletes use bands as a way to mimic different types of tension in different parts of the lift eccentric vs concentric. Have bands ever been considered the same way weights have been considered? Meaning training can bands that are setup to not shorten back to its original state (making sure that they are stretched throughout the entire lift with tension) creates the same or better tension if designed to be as strong as weights? Eg a 225lb bench press with weights versus super strong bands that would equate to 225lb bench press? Only wondering as someone who has arthritis, how does this effect the lift?
    Last edited by goldenerafan; 08-12-2020 at 04:51 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't think there is any inherent advantage unless you find a scenario where the force curve of the band matches the force output of your limb during the movement (ie. you naturally produce more force at the point where the band is most stretched). I have found that bands seem to work well as a cable substitute for some isolation movement (which naturally have a curved path like curls). So for example, if you curl with the band anchored behind you, less stretch is needed towards the end of the movement so the increased tension is offset at that point.

Aside from that, pure novelty effect can have some value when mixed in with the more usual linear force of a fixed weight. I wouldn't choose to only train a movement with bands though.

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bands are a great tool for hypertrophy to improve the load profile of certain pressing and squat exercises.
    Not an equal replacement as the whole point of a press is loading the mid and lengthened range. Band only press would be very little tension at the bottom

Band only rows are the complete opposite of what you want and I'd only use them if it was the only option with gyms closed

goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) goldenerafan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you both for your replies. Before I refreshed the page I just considered the fact that in the eccentric portion of the lift the band would shorten. lol

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by goldenerafan View Post
    Thank you both for your replies. Before I refreshed the page I just considered the fact that in the eccentric portion of the lift the band would shorten. lol
    Yeah that's the concept, same a chains: heavier at the top, deloaded bottom

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB0-fEXF...=1gg3ik7sddxjw