Thread: Cravings?

IronDwarf91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cravings?

hey guys, new here

Got a question

I am wanting to lose weight and drop bodyfat% but i am struggling alot. I cant hold 1 week full of dieting.. my kcals are 1900, 185p, 65f, the rest filled with carbs or whatever I feel like.
    I started doing a full body and trying to do cardio on rest days (am looking for a spinningbike to get at home to maybe make me more active)

My stats: 95kg or 209lbs, 1.69cm or 5.6f, bodyfat I would say around 25% or more, I can provide a pic if you want but not sure how to share it

Currently attempting

Breakfast
    50g oatmeal or 60g cereal
    200 or 300ml milk low fat
    1 scoop of whey to mix the oatmeal/cereal
    Multi, fish oil, collagen, creatine

Lunch & dinner (baked together but spread in 2 lunchboxes, sort of a meal prep)

400g ground pork+beef
    2 eggs
    400g spinach
    100g white rice (uncooked weight)

Snack
    Whey shake
    80 or 100g chicken (depending on proteins left to get)

Before sleeping 200 or 300ml milk depending on kcals

Thats kinda how my day looks like when I fully commit to it. I enjoy the meals specially lunch and dinner meal prep, i thought the combo protein+fat would keep me satiated but sometimes after eating my stomach begin to crave and hurt and I end up next day saying f*** this and end up binging on coke, cookies or bakery, dirty stuff tbh.. even if I switch it up I end up getting cravings specially after big meals cause I feel full for like 30 mins and am hungry again.. Is this normal when trying a deficit? Should I just say its just a craving, man up and suck it and withstand the cravings?
    Its been going on for 3 months atm my weight keeps stable most of the times but sometimes it bumps up but then lowers to normal again. I am marrying in 1 month i know reducing the damage will be minimal in 1 month but looking also after that, my current goal would be to reach 80kg/176lbs and see after that. Tone my body but I know the body will tone more and more the lower your fat% is and with the aid of strength training.

Any tips or help I can get from you guys? Anyone experience the same thing or is it just me? My mind is all over the place atm and dont know how to approach this

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have one day a week where you eat at maintenance and include some foods that you are "craving".

End of day, cravings will happen when cutting. It's part of the game. You can play games around it - drink plenty of water, high protein/fiber type foods, etc.. Essentially, will come down to willpower. How bad you want to achieve your end goal.
    Curing disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronDwarf91 View Post
    My stats: 95kg or 209lbs, 1.69cm or 5.6f, bodyfat I would say around 25% or more
    definitely more unless you have a ton of muscle. i'm around the same height, was like 26-27% bodyfat at 80 kilos...

you can easily be 35% if you're a beginner/novice lifter
    positive crew

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cravings happen, sticking to a diet is about motivation and willpower. Nobody finds it 'easy' as such but there are ways to make it less of a stress:

- Eat a lot of high volume, low calorie foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean meat, potatoes etc

- Drink as few of your calories as possible. Substitute protein shakes for higher protein portions in your meals. Liquid calories are not filling

- You could maybe try IF to control hunger. If you don't eat until say 1pm then you can eat all your calories in a shorter space of time and feel more full

- I personally find it better to forget about lots of small meals. By having fewer, larger meals I at least feel satisfied for some portion of the day rather than being perpetually "not quite full enough" on many smaller meals. This is down to personal preference though

- Ditch 'chicken and rice'. You do not need to eat like this. Cook dishes with flavour that you enjoy. I often have curries, chilli, steak, pizza (within my calories), burgers, homemade chinese food etc. It's about making sure it fits within your calories. You need to have variety or else you'll give up from boredom more than anything else

- Don't forgo treats, be flexible, learn to fit things you like in moderate portions within your calorie goal

And hundreds more. You just need to find something that works for you. Having a maintenance day as mentioned above could be a good idea if that's what it takes to keep you adherent the rest of the time

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    - Drink as few of your calories as possible. Substitute protein shakes for higher protein portions in your meals. Liquid calories are not filling
    imo, drinking a 100-120 calorie shake can be beneficial even when cutting. i've recently been drinking peanut butter chocolate shakes by optimum whey, add like 8 dl of water and it's still not bland. really filling for ~100 calories and over 20 grams of protein

seriously, i can sip that and coffee for 1-2 hours and not even think about eating. maybe it's not the same for everyone, but just a thought
    positive crew

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    imo, drinking a 100-120 calorie shake can be beneficial even when cutting. i've recently been drinking peanut butter chocolate shakes by optimum whey, add like 8 dl of water and it's still not bland. really filling for ~100 calories and over 20 grams of protein

seriously, i can sip that and coffee for 1-2 hours and not even think about eating. maybe it's not the same for everyone, but just a thought
    Haha I know some weirdos like you find protein shakes filling

Just thought as general advice most people dont? Could be wrong

Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post

I pretty much do that everyday while on 1500Kcal, tastes exactly like a milkshake. Without a protein shake with a load of water I wouldn't of been able to stay on that amount of calories consistently.

Also just discovered hot chocolate protein shake with less than 100Kcal with around 15g protein.

IronDwarf91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys didnt expect so many answers tbh

Will try and eat more fruit/veggies/potatoes, maybe ditch the ground beef+pork cause they have a large amount of kcals

The rice ks actually quite tasty with the ground beef+spinach+ eggs thats why I did it. It was easy and tasty but yet I kept getting cravings ans hunger. Its like you said i need more willpower. I used to weigh 70kg/154lbs but have had a rough 2 years were I created the binging effect and still suffer from it. Will be baby steps to get that away I guess.
    Now I am trying to regain my lifting habits, get consistent in that.
    IF, i might try that when I got to 70kg it was thanks to IF and Keto back then but wont do keto again. Only thing is with morning and evening shifts how to plan it thats something that bugs me

Anyways thanks again guys. Any more tips are always welcome
    I aint a good cook btw. I try to rely on easy stuff like basic shrimps/meat, potatoes/rice, some.sort of veggies (or the ground beef/pork dishes haha)